Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Default Need to brag here since my friends don't wanna hear it!

Yeah, having issues with friends who I can't talk to anymore. Another post, another story. :-( So I'm gonna brag here to all my online pals making their mini-goals and goals!

OK, so, in the past few weeks I had bought a few new pairs of pants in size 12. I had been trying to make my 16 and 18’s work since Jan and couldn't get away with it anymore. And I brought in a couple skirts of mine to be altered. Last night before the gym I went to WalMart and picked up a cheap pair of Capri’s in the next size down from what I am currently in; which is a 10. I do this to motivate myself and to stop scale obsessing. Anyway, I get home and – THEY FIT! Granted, they are a little bit snug in the inner thigh and at the widest part of the hip but they fit enough to where I’d wear them out in public! And of course immediately after I got excited I got pissed because now all my new 12’s will be worthless soon and the alterations I had done were for not! LOL

But this is me -->

Last edited by ShanIAm; 03-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Congratulations!! What a wonderful feeling - you should be SO PROUD of yourself for all of your hard work!

Just think how you can enjoy all the sale racks with the smaller sizes this spring/summer!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

That's awesome!!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!! Sorry about your friends, and your size 12's, though. I can't wait until I start noticing that size difference on myself, so when I hear that others are fitting into smaller clothing, I feel extra excited for them.

By the way, I totally do the same thing, except I still have the clothes I fit in a couple of years ago (when I was a size 7/8). Right now, I'm a 14, so I have a pair of shorts that are a size 12 that I'm working towards!

My advice: Go to Goodwill, TJMaxx or Ross for your clothing as you're losing weight. This way it's cheap, and you won't feel as upset when you shrink some more!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Lol! Way to go! That happened to me with my 14s. I saved up for over a month and went and bought 4 pairs and then like two weeks later they were all too big. just part of the process i suppose. XD
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

LOL!! That's great! And terrible all at the same time. Congratulations!! I'm in between sizes right now and that's pretty annoying. BUT I'm happy I'm moving towards the smaller of the 2! I agree with Treena. I am the Goodwill queen. I rarely shopped in regular stores when I was gaining weight because I knew that I would be eventually going in the opposite direction. I have a crap ton of clothes in my garage that are size 11/12's so I won't have to buy anything new in a month or so, but once I get under that size...

Sorry you're having a sucky friend time though But at least you have 3FC!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #6  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Oh who cares about those 12s! Much better to be buying smaller clothes, than larger ones!!! Congrats!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Shan--you brought a smile to my face. I used to do that too! I wouldn't buy them though. I would go to Target and grab a smaller size from time to time and hit the fitting room. Many a time I have danced in front of the Target mirror admiring myself! Hehhee.

As far losing sizes quickly--have you at all considered thrift shops? The smaller you get, the easier it will be to find cute stuff there. When you get too small for it, just donate it and buy new stuff.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Oh, as far as the friend thing. Yeah, well. These things happen. Stick to the 3FC for weightloss discussions. I personally did have one close friendship that went away and I know it was directly to do with my weightloss. My friend (as educated and poised as she was) just became very uncomfortable around me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #9  

Great news. I'd rather be buying new clothes for smaller sizes than larger sizes!
I'm always between sizes whether I'm a size 10 or size 16. Working hard now to just fit into my clothes. My rings are a MAJOR mini goal for me right now. I have not worn my wedding rings in years!!!!
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Yep, I know 3FC saved a lot of real life friendships. This all is so fascinating to us who are doing it, and a bit uncomfortable for our friends who aren't if they have weight issues themselves.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 292/284.8/169

Height: 5'9"

I love that you're not scale obsessing. My problem with pants though is I keep oscillating, but I think it's just the fit...I bet that's a given, though.
mondly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 AM   #12  
walkin'the dogs

S/C/G: 231/ 173/ 140

Height: 5ft 7"

Brill stuff! Now that is the best motivation ever!
Ive got tons of nice clothes in a 16/14/12 cant wait to be working my way down through them!
Mishflynn is offline   Reply With Quote