Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 24 March 2011
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #2  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm looking forward to what I hope is the last wintery weekend. I'm going to stay on plan, catch up on my DVR'd shows, clean the house, read, nap, do laundry, etc.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #3  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Good morning! I'm looking forward to what I hope is the last wintery weekend. I'm going to stay on plan, catch up on my DVR'd shows, clean the house, read, nap, do laundry, etc.
I just woke up to the deck covered in snow too. I'm so ready for Spring. The teaser last week was just cruel
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! Hope we all have good WI today. I am looking forward to another full weekend at home, full of work and manual labor. Too bad it has gone from 70-80° to now 40's° but would rather get the work done now before the heat gets here. Not sure I will be on here much this weekend as I will be busy. Have a great weekend and stay on protocol. Keep up the good work and keep going towards your goals.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone
I'm on my way to weigh in #5, wish me luck!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #6  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone
I am sure your WI will go just fine, good luck.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!

This will be my first full weekend, and I'm already planning my dinner meals. I'm thinking the weekends can be when I can have the veggies that are only allowed twice a week. I've been really wanting tomatoes!!

I absolutely love the recipe threads on here; I've made some of them already and really enjoyed them. I'd REALLY REALLY like to try the warmed rhubarb with strawberry WF, and the apple-like zucchini. Do you get Walden Farms at health food stores?

Quote:
Morning everyone
Good luck!! My first is tomorrow morning, I'm both excited and nervous (though I shouldn't be nervous; I've stuck to the diet 100% )
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

So... scale whore news! I stepped on this morning and the first two digits were "18"... Haven't seen those numbers since 2005!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Hey Amylew, what part of Iowa are you from. I'm down in SE Iowa in Burlington Cold and yucky here this morning also.
Susanmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #10  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default 1st WI after vacay!

Morning guys happy Friday! Well getting ready to head to my WI, the first one after my vacation, ugh. That's okay though I am back on track, wasn't hard at all after getting home, so I will be ready to lose what i gained plus more. Thanks for all the support while I was gone. We had a wonderful vacation at WDW!! It's one my son will never forget! Cheers for a 100% IP protocol weekend.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #11  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Default Hi Juiceman!!!!

Hi Juiceman-- thanks for inquiring about me-- I am still here still plugging along. Haven't had a chance to post much but wanted to say you look FANTASTIC-- your progress is really remarkable. (you and your family must be so proud) I seem to have slowed down some but the scale is still moving in the right direction which is exactly what I need. I enjoy reading all the posts and seeing all the new people starting this program. For me this has been a true turning point - I have never lost this kind of weight or inches on any other diet plan. I am elated and a bit sad I didn't know about this in my 20's...but am so grateful for the series of events that led me to this diet and to those of you who have supported me along the way!!!!!
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #12  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi Juiceman-- thanks for inquiring about me-- I am still here still plugging along. Haven't had a chance to post much but wanted to say you look FANTASTIC-- your progress is really remarkable. (you and your family must be so proud) I seem to have slowed down some but the scale is still moving in the right direction which is exactly what I need. I enjoy reading all the posts and seeing all the new people starting this program. For me this has been a true turning point - I have never lost this kind of weight or inches on any other diet plan. I am elated and a bit sad I didn't know about this in my 20's...but am so grateful for the series of events that led me to this diet and to those of you who have supported me along the way!!!!!
Thank you! Just hadn't seen you post in a while. I know people get busy, but glad to hear you are still around and running the marathon with us all. Hope all is well for you.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Morning everyone
Let us know good or bad!!! You don't need luck cause I know you are working the program.
rulemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #14  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Did I phase through too quickly?

3 weeks ago I was 126 and decided that I was one pound off my goal weight and would go to phase 2.....I started gaining weight back immediately and now after being on phase 2 for 2 weeks and phase 3 for part of this week I am up 6lbs! Are there foods on the allowed lists I should avoid that increase your weight gain more quickly? I'm doing phase 1 for a couple of days because I was away on business and didn't have a lot of control over what I ate....I know that this is part of my weight gain but not all of it.....anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to get back on track? I know friends who are on IP and they have been drinking during the time we've on together and I've been really good up until this las couple of days due to my travelling. It hardly seems fair that I've been sticking to the protocol like a fanatic and they haven't but they are still losing weight and I"m gaining again. Help!!!!!!!
I am not sure why you gained during Phase 2. In PH 3, there is an expected weight gain, which is why some coaches recommend going below goal weight before you start Ph 3. Is it possible you started PH 3 too soon? Are you keeping a food journal? I highly recommend it. I am in maintenance, and use Fitday every day. You log what you eat, your activities, your weight, and can track your progress. That may give you some insight to what is going on lately.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
So... scale whore news! I stepped on this morning and the first two digits were "18"... Haven't seen those numbers since 2005!
Woohoo! You must feel awesome, good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Morning guys happy Friday! Well getting ready to head to my WI, the first one after my vacation, ugh. That's okay though I am back on track, wasn't hard at all after getting home, so I will be ready to lose what i gained plus more. Thanks for all the support while I was gone. We had a wonderful vacation at WDW!! It's one my son will never forget! Cheers for a 100% IP protocol weekend.
What a great attitude...welcome back! Would you mind sharing how you did IP wise while on your vacation? We leave for Disney in just over a month and I'm trying to decide how exactly I'm going to work it. I'm sure you have beautiful memories and pictures to show for it, and let us know about your WI today!!

Ok, so I'm back from WI #5 and I'm down another 2.8 lbs. for a total just shy of -25 lbs....so excited

My coach gave me a huge hug, told me how proud she is of me and I just can't tell you how awesome she is, love her!
Oh!! I got a box of the peanut butter soy balls....OMG to DIE for!! Couldn't help but try them in the car on the way home, can't get over how good they are woohooo! LOL

I hope everyone has as great of a day as I'm having so far...I'm off to shoot some sexy gals in their boudoir attire all weekend (for those who many not realize, I talk abut "shooting" people a lot because I'm a photographer )

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 03-25-2011 at 10:20 AM.
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote