South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Daily, TGIF Chat for 3/25

Good morning, and TGIF!

I've been so tired and dragging all week, so I'm particularly happy to have my weekend started. I still have the upper hand on this cold that's trying to take over, but it's letting me know that it's lurking.

I have a couple of errands to run this morning, but other than that, the day is mine. Depending on the weather, I may drive out to my favorite Amish garden center way out in the boonies to buy some seedlings, although they'll have to languish on my sunporch for another week before I get them planted. But if it's cold and nasty out, I'll just hunker in here at home and coddle myself.

Coffee's ready, who's here to join me?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning!
I'm glad you've still got the upper hand on that cold Linda - see what you can do about licking it for good this weekend, eh?

Today is day 2 of teacher workshops. The budget news was not good at all yesterday. You can only get by on 'bare bones' budgets for so many years before you have to start chipping away at the big things like staff and programs. Everyone knew this was coming but that doesn't make it any easier to see staff positions and good programs cut. On the bright side - I made it through the day without diet soda or SF gum. I know that doesn't sound like much but the stuff was EVERYWHERE! And kindergarten teachers like to share...

Have a great Friday friends!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Me! Me! I'm very ready for coffee - and also very ready for a trip to a garden centre. I checked ours yesterday and not a darn thing is happening except they have the seed racks in place.

Good morning, Heidi. Yes, teachers do like to share. I well remember my days of primary school teaching back in the 1960s. There was always a new yummy cake in the staff room. I think that's when my weight problem started. Good for you to stay strong yesterday. Staff cuts really suck!

The "stuff" all arrived as scheduled yesterday and I have now discovered the wonders of HD television! Who knew? I'm not sure where I've been the past few years but I find it amazing. The new stove works fine and the fridge is almost as full as the old one. My barn is a bit cluttered with a fridge, stove and TV but they'll go soon.

We are way below freezing this morning at -10ºC/14F and are not expected to get above freezing until later next week. So much for planting before the end of March. We have a cold Spring predicted and it's running true so far.

Odds and ends of niggles will be dealt with today, including taking samples from all those bolts of donated fabric and stashing them away. My studio has to be readied for the big quilting marathon I'm planning next week. As soon as it's gardening season, quilting goes on the back burner.

Love the coffee! Now I'm ready to tackle the day!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, I hope, too, that you get your cold licked this weekend. TGIF

Heidi, what a major accomplishment yesterday!

ETA Ruth, heading outside with pups!

I'm waiting for Kirk to come down. Thought I'd say hi before I head over to the Spring Challenge. I couldn't get on the internet all evening and I've slept in a bit this AM. We've only been here a day and I'm already behind in my work.

Take care everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-25-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning all! Another day off! Yay! Gym this morning and then to visit with old friends for a few hours this morning and then ? Maybe relax with my honey before he heads off to work at 3:30. Can I say that I'm not ready for my daughters bday party slumber party tomorrow??/ 6 girls! UGH!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! I'm having a snack while I check in this morning and then I have to get on the final prep for tomorrow's yard sale. I got hit with some kind of awful achy coughy exhaustedy sinusy yuck the last couple days but I am feeling like it might be on its way out. Today is definitely better than yesterday was.

Linda, enjoy your day, whatever you decide to do!

Heidi, sorry to hear about the budget troubles. Good job resisting the soda and gum, though!

Ruth, I'm glad all your new things came in! We don't have an HD TV. Please don't tell my husband how wonderful you think it is.

Debbie, hope your internet is more reliable today so you can get your things done quickly!

Kristen, a day off! What fun!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-25-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another day on the road and over the mountains for me Happily the sun is shining, the roads are clear and the birds are starting to move. We are thinking about a day trip to the coast this weekend. We used to go once a month but the past 6 months we just haven't been doing that as much.

Cottage - Happy Weekend and happy garden centering I'm just starting to plan my gardens this year

Heidi - My Mom is retired but still subs and has been seeing the same thing at her school. It's so tough for teachers and kids! Great job staying away from all the temptations yesterday. Stressful days are tough.

Ruth - We have been resisting the new TV temptation so far. Maybe you could make a garden quilt while waiting?

Debbie - I would love to get up just once and not be behind already. Happy early spring day!

Kristen - I remember slumber parties, lots of giggling, a little arguing and not much sleeping. Good luck!

Okay, time to get the day planned. Happy Friday friends!

ETA - Kara - hope that achy thing continues on its way out

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-25-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi ~ it's so sad that the state can't look elsewhere for budget cuts, rather than at our schools. Our schools have even cut down on transportation costs, which meant that Audrey & Maggie would have a 75 minute ride home from their school which is only 10 minutes away. That's one of the reasons why I pick them up every day. I'm glad you were able to resist all the temptations lurking around during the meeting, and hope today goes just as well.

Ruth ~ Enjoy your new appliances! Richard gifted me with an HDTV last year as a nice surprise, and we just love it. I have a big box of sewing material that I'm ready to ship to you, unless you want to come pick it up in person.

Debbie ~ Have a productive day! I'm mixed up now as to what side of the mountain you're on. The east side?

kmac ~ Enjoy your day off! Oooh, a slumber party! What plans are you making for it? I enjoy having my granddaughters and Audrey & Maggie over for slumber parties. They are so cute and have a blast. I hope yours goes well.

Cyndi ~ I'm glad you'll have a nice day for your drive and hope you see a lot of birds on the way, too. A day on the coast sounds really nice, but I bet you'll have to really bundle up for it!

Kara ~ I hope you are feeling better, especially with your yard sale coming up tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Is it just me or did this week fly by?

Linda - Enjoy your day off. We are expecting cold and nasty here too. Where is Spring?

Heidi - Good for you!!

Ruth - I scoffed at HDTV when my husband first wanted it. Now I sing a different tune.

Debbie -

Kristen - I imagine that girl slumber parties are quite different from the ones my boys had!

Kara - Glad you are feeling on the mend.

Cyndi - I remember you reporting back from those trips. Sounds fun.

It was a tough day here yesterday. My teen got his first college "rejection." Actually, he got on the waiting list which to me is quite different but in his mind means the same as rejected. Fortunately he also got another acceptance. All that is left are the top tier "reach" schools so I suspect we will have more small envelopes coming.

I've been back on track with my eating and finally, after a full week, took of the handful of pounds I gained with my little 2-day binge last week. Must stop doing that. I really do feel better when I eat better.

Off to the gym with my mom. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Kristen, I think you'd better take a nap today! I still remember the thrill of slumber parties.

Kara, hope you're done with that sinus stuff!

Cyndi, safe travels! I got one report sent off already!

Linda, yes, Eastern Slope...we came over ??Wednesday.

Karen, where did the week go?? On Monday I already thought it was Friday.Great that you're back on track.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-25-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I wanted to put a question back out, that INSANE BLONDE asked on yesterday's daily;

"So does anyone drink a lot of v8 on days you don't have time to cut up and eat fresh veggies? Some days at work I'm so busy I dont' have time to take my lunch or get my snacks out, so I grab a v8.

I drink tons of water so not worried about the salt.......just wondering if anyone else does this.

Also.....has anyone else been losing inches and not weight? Whenever I'm on this diet it seems to take me forever to lose actual weight, but I do seem to consistantly lose inches".

There are many times that I lose inches before weight...our bodies are all so different. It's great that you are tracking those inches. To me, the inches are so much more important because the scale has so many temporary fluxuations.
I don't drink alot of V-8, and when I do it's only as a snack, not as a meal replacement. For me, I have had to really look at my weight and it's relationship with my lifestyle. In my work, I'm a caregiver to others. Many times I would find myself just "too busy" to take care of my own nutrition. As my lifestyle has changed, I've had to revisit taking care of myself. Many times I'm too busy to prepare that lunch...or to sit down and enjoy it. I prepare several days worth of salads in advance and when I'm on the go I make sure I have 15 minutes to eat my lunch. Perhaps you could think about some preplanning and make yourself a commitment to find a small window of time to have your lunch.

Hope that helps a bit...perhaps some of the others will chime in. I also wanted to mention that some topics get lost on the "daily" and that this type of question might get answered better on the "On Plan" thread. It's important and deserves an answer.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I am so glad it is Friday for a multiude of reasons. Today is the last day of state testing I am so glad it will soon be over. An even better reason I am glad for today is Spring Break is next week. I am ready for a break.

Heidi-got to love budget cuts. We don't even know how bad ours are going to be since the state hasn't decided.

Happy Friday!!

Jasmine
Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good afternoon beach buddies

Linda, I've been thinking about getting some plants started too but have had such a poor garden the past couple of years that I've got to do some thinking about how to improve things first. Hope you get plenty of rest this weekend so you can kick that old cold in the butt.

Heidi, passing on the diet soda and sf gum is a big deal. Good for you. I hear you about the budget woes. Our GD is a teacher (5,6,7 combo science and math) and their little country school is feeling it too as I think most schools are.

Ruth, for your new toys! Wish I were there for your quilting marathon. Would love to learn from experienced quilters such as yourself.

Hey Debbie Excellent advice. The too only time I drink v8 is in the morning for breakfast and never sub it for vegs later in the day. Planning and preparing ahead are musts for me to keep me on plan.

Kmac, Oh how I remember those days of birthday parties for our girls. Always fun but I was exhausted afterwards.

Karen, I thought your son had made his decision already, but sounds like he is still collecting the replies before making his final decision. What a great age to be with so much ahead of him.

Kara, Oh no, not the "yuck"! Hope you shake it fast.

Cyndi, yea for sunshine and clear roads. Drive safe my friend.

Jasmine, yea for Spring break..........my GD looks forward to it too.

I set my mind to it and go out in the rain and walked this morning even though it was a bit windy. Glad I did because once again it is pouring here. Now, except for hauling in some wood, I get to stay inside where it is nice and warm and dry.

Spent yesterday at the Cardologist's for a follow up appt and later getting lab work. News could be better but heck, could be worse too and at least we have a plan on how to handle future events so thats a good thing.

So, looking forward to nice warm summer days. Actually booked a little vacation today. Going to take the train up and over to the top of Montana to visit my brother. Hope to see a good part of Glacier National Park while in the area.

Well, time to get the wood in. Keep dreaming of warm days on the beach!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Oh, TallandThin, nice vacation plans!

Waiting on dinner...I've pledged to get rid of all the stuff in the freezer...so Kirk is getting lots of *treats*. I didn't touch the Pillsbury Pie Crust Cookies....thank goodness!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

TGIF indeed... and more! Finished my last on-duty day as a med student today! Now all that's left is to study for the licensing exam (the results of which do not effect graduation) and graduate! Whole smattering of mixed emotions right now!

Last edited by shelflife; 03-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread