Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 10:26 PM   #1  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default I'm Back Again...

ARGH.... Life is such a circus sometimes.... Not sure who is all still around, or who will remember me, but I've decided that I need to come back for support, camaraderie, etc. My husband has approached me today about starting a lifestyle change together. This is the first time he's really done this. He is about 210# at 5'9". For some, that may not sound super bad, but he's carrying quite the load. He broke his back in an accident 3 1/2 years ago, and his surgeon said that he has the bones of a man about 30-40 pounds lighter. He's in the national guard (17 years) and would really like to meet tape so that he can go to school for a promotion.

As far as how.... that is something that we're going to discuss. We both need to increase our activity level. An uncle & aunt of mine are doing an Atkins-based program. My uncle has lost 50#, and my aunt has lost about 35#. They are doing awesome.

As summer approaches, I know that there is no time like the present. I live in Wisconsin, and it's so hard to get the outdoors walking in during the coldest months. My husband & I bought a used 30' travel trailer, and secured a seasonal site for our family's use. We will have access to boating, fishing, swimming, hiking... It will be wonderful. The kids are ecstatic!

My husband (testing for purple belt this month), 9year old daughter (testing for blue belt in June), and 6year old son (just started Little Kickers in December) are all involved in karate. My husband & daughter go up to 4 days/week, and my son usually two days. They are getting a lot of exercise, so I know that I have to fit things in to MY schedule, too. I'm normally so busy carting everyone around that I ignore my own needs. Not good.

Anyway... Hope to get the chance to chat with you all!

Sandi K. (Wisconsin)
Old 05-04-2003, 10:31 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi Sandi!!

Glad to see you back!!! We have loads of new members and some of the old crew as well. Hope to hear more from you!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

apparantly i'm part of the "new crew", as i don't remember you. welcome back and good luck on your double journey!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:16 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome backs Sandi, I was SOOOOO hoping to see you here Nothing can beat the support here on these forums.

Holly, wtg on the 34#! That's awesome! I haven't weighed myself in a super long time. Not sure if I even want to know. But I have to get my butt moving again. It is imperative that I get back to the gym. Forcing myself to go there is good for me. It's a positive environment, and I feel so much better when I walk out the doors.

Hugs to you both,
Old 05-04-2003, 11:56 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back!! I'm also in WI.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:09 AM   #6  
Searching

Nice to meet you Sandi K.! Welcome!

Miss Chris
Old 05-05-2003, 11:25 AM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Sandi K! I remember you! Welcome back!

I'm having some success on WW Online. You could join and hubby could come along for the ride...
Old 05-05-2003, 12:07 PM   #8  

Thanks again for the welcomes Where are you in WI, PrettyFace?? I'm up near Eau Claire.

Jennelle, my sister Kari tried the online WW program awhile back. DH & I are really looking into portions of the Atkins plan (really researching various low-carb plans, as carbs are a HUGE issue for us!). My neighbor has had some degree of success with the WW program here in town, but an evil step-aunt of mine goes to the meetings, and I just can NOT be in the same room as her!!! LOL! What support there would be in that meeting would be out the window at first site of her. The actual meetings are inconvenient for me, too, with all the goings-on of my children, their school, activities... etc.

I'm going to make a trip down to the grocery store today. Wish me luck!! I'm not going to go when I'm hungry, that's for sure! That would be a total waste of money & time. LOL!

Hugs to all,
Closed Thread