Old 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Holy Spirit At Work

I wanted to share this with you all

Most of my guys at work have been working for me for at least 5 years, they are all from Mexico or El Salvador, most of them have been here for a long time and one was even born here.

I have shared my faith with them often over that time. For the most part they always say one day we will start going to church, in fact one of them did a while back and another a month ago

Here are some comments that 3 of them made to me in the last two days...

"Last night I was thinking about what you say about Jesus and I started shaking and crying, but I was happy!"

"Thank you so much for giving me the courage to go to church, even though I did many bad things before. This Sunday I will enroll my kids in Sunday school so they will have a better chance in life."

"Before when I went to church I see only dark...but I listen to Mr. Gary talk about Jesus and I see light...I found a christian church like Mr. Gary say and now I see light every day!"

Now that is some Holy Spirit working there folks!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

beautiful story & thank you for sharing. it always warms my heart when someone embraces Him.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

God Bless you , Gary.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

That's fantastic, so good to hear.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

That is awesome!!
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #6  
Happy Member

Wonderful -
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Oh I love that Holy Spirit! How awesome and how great he is! That is awesome Gary ,just awesome!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I have an update ~

My one friend did not get his kids enrolled into Sunday school as he overslept with the time change but he did make it to service. Another one gave me a nice donation for my church, which I will send off to Lutheran Hour Ministries, for some Lenten devotional materials I gave him.

The one friend that didn't make it to Sunday school is going to a Nazarene church, he feels comfortable there because I often talk about when my daughter went to a Nazarene college....the second one is going to an (almost) all Filipino church....they are both Mexican.....

the Holy Spirit at work...
Old 03-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  

That is wonderful Gary, I have a-lot of Mexican friends one just walked in and helped me with my garden the other day. He likes my cookies so I make him some for helping me do things.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I admire you, Gary for witnessing to your coworkers. You know , Gary, it isn't just your words but your actions and they see what kind of a person ypu are.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I admire you, Gary for witnessing to your coworkers. You know , Gary, it isn't just your words but your actions and they see what kind of a person ypu are.
Maybe that's why it is taking them so long to come around.....

Sometimes my walk....mostly my mouth!....doesn't show my love for Jesus.....

but I am working on that drunken sailor language
Old 03-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #12  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

That's wonderful to see the Spirit at work! And, Gary, I know we're not supposed to curse and be like the world, but maybe your co-workers are more open because they can see that you're REAL! And, that God accepts you even though you have FLAWS-amazing, isn't it! Some people have trouble coming to Jesus because they think Christians have to be perfect (my DH is one), but that is just not REALITY, you know Of course, I'm not saying to just go out and sin, sin, sin, because we're saved so it doesn't matter what we do because we know that we are to show glory to God in all that we do, but others need to be able to see that we are SAVED BECAUSE OF WHAT JESUS DID FOR US NOT FOR WHAT WE DO, even the imperfect things we do, because nothing we do can be as perfect as what Jesus did for us. Your men can see where your heart is, even when your mouth is having a hard day
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thank you RONNI....

My sharing of my "past" has certainly helped some of my guys see that there is HOPE!....but only through our Savior!

I am not the worst guy around...but I did grow up in the 70's when it seemed like ANYTHING was fine...as long as it felt good...

oh! how wrong we were!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #14  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ I was finally able to get in to read this post; so thrilling to see the Holy Spirit working in your co-workers lives and using you as a vessel to witness to them. We don't have to be perfect, just willing ...

And, I sooooo agree with everything RONNI said in her reply to you. Too many people are under the WRONG impression that Christians must be perfect or have to live up to some standard of perfection that seems too difficult (or hard) for them to achieve; but the truth is -- that they don't have to ... becuz JESUS did that for us!!! We aren't righteous; HE IS!!!

We are now living under GRACE ... our sins are cleansed and blotted out by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) now and forever. Like RONNI & PAUL both ask, "Does that mean we can just go around and sin, sin, sin all we want?" Of course not, that would be mocking Jesus' sufferings and GOD's holiness. We are just to do our best and let the LORD's Grace take care of the rest!

In the meanwhile, the HOLY SPIRIT comes into our lives to help us (when we ask JESUS to come into our heart & lives, we should ask Him to fill us with the HOLY SPIRIT too); to wash us & cleanse us from all sin & unrighteousness; to guide & teach us; to heal us; and to transform us into the kind of people GOD wants us to be.

The HOLY SPIRIT has a big job. He moves and woos people toward GOD -- revealing GOD's Love to them; and, He is THE POWER that fills us and does the inside work (the renewals, the repairs, and the restoration too). He prays for us & through us; He witnesses GOD's power in us; He strengthens us; He teaches us; He reminds us of scripture verses; He can fill us with peace & joy & love & many other gifts; and, He speaks to us in that "still small voice" in our hearts & minds ~ all those thoughts that are good & holy & right ...

All people are flawed; Christians too, but through the work of the HOLY SPIRIT, people can notice a difference; a change for the better; see us grow and improve each day; see that we love the LORD and care about others. We pray that they overlook our human-ness and see CHRIST-IN-US, and GOD's LOVE for THEM through us ...

Thanks for sharing this good news with us. The HOLY SPIRIT can also give us courage & boldness to share with others around us too (family, friends, co-workers, and neighbours, etc). Am sending up prayers for your co-workers as they start their new Christian journeys with our LORD ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #15  

I agree with Ronni and Rosebud Gary , God when he had a special mission for someone to do never picked anyone perfect, but he picked someone that could spread his word and get the job done. I know when God looks down he is proud of you! We are!
We all have sinned, hey I was raised in the 70's too and I was far from an angel , in fact you would not believe the change in me! Though Mama called me her little angel with horns at times. The rest of the time I was her sugarplum.