Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 09:48 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Wink 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#327

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:27 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Good Sunday morning everyone.
You won't believe what I did last night.
Are you sitting down???
I went to bed by 11pm and got 9 hours of sleep.
I cannot remember the last time I did that.

I almost posted on the last thread. Be sure you go to the second page and read Marys post. I almost missed it.

Tracy... of course we remember you. Hope you come back more often.

I have to run... I am taking pictures at my son's church this morning of my granddaughters dedication.

And.... Michelle....

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Michelle
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuu !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-04-2003 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:50 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

So, how are my lovelies this morning? You guys have been busy while I was sleeping. I popped in to see how everybody was and saw it was time to start another thread and I thought, "Hmmm....didn't I just do this yesterday?" Why, yes I did. But I am more than happy to start the new one! I knew I had to add a post though, or else the post police would come and get me. (i.e. Sandy) Sandy knows I love her and will take no offense to this. (She also knows it's true)

It's actually quiet on the homefront this morning as dh and Brian (older son) have went over to my Mom's house to mow the yard and take care of some trimming. Usually I would be at work at this time, but the second shift person that called in the other day is still not back at work, so I'm filling in for her tonight and have the morning off. Although, I'm not too sure how smart of a decision on my part that was, seeing as after I get off at 11:00 tonight, I'll have to run home, grab some shut eye and then get right back up at 6:00 to go into work in the morning.

Today is weigh in day at the mall and I'm looking forward to it, but not for the reason you might think. I don't think I've had a big loss this week, in fact....I probably didn't lose at all. But it has to do with what Sara said....it's about being accountable. I do have some success to celebrate from last week though. I was OP (within my points) five out of seven days last week. The two that I wasn't were big days for me, but they were only two of seven. That means that I was OP more than I was off and that is progress. I plan to make this week......an OP week.

So, on to replies:

Sara: We know how committed you are to your declaration. No matter how much weight we lose or what we look like on the outside, I'd like to think we stay the same on the inside.....and if that's the case, then there's always going to be that little voice that tries to get you to make bad choices. Sometimes that voice will win.....and sometimes it won't. It's easy to see what voice has been leading you. Keep up the awesome work.

Mary: Sorry you were all alone in chat last night. I wasn't even on the computer, and I'm sure you know where I was at. Tony got into some debris on the track and slapped the wall, but Dale Jr. finished in the top five I believe. And Mary.....you do have willpower....you just have to find it.

Lucky: One sentence does NOT make a post. Get your butt back in here! I was happy to see your little yoga lady when I came in here this morning.....I just wanted more words from you. You know how much I love ya.

jiffypop: You don't have to thank us for letting you lurk. We're happy you're here with us. I hope that if you continue to lurk, then you'll continue to post. It's nice having you here with us.

Michelle: Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good time at the communion/birthday party. Sometimes I think you have to allow yourself a treat. I think it's important. I know myself, that if I am so strict on myself all the time....it just sets up for a binge, but allowing myself that occasional treat keeps me balanced. You should enjoy yourself ever now and again.....as long as a day doesn't turn into a week.....and so on and so forth! I truly hope you have a wonderful birthday sweetie, you are very special to me.

2cute: What a nice comment! I am truly honored that you were looking at my boobs. Just kidding. I have noticed the same thing......and so has dh. It's like I said yesterday, my progress has not been as dramatic as Sara's, but we are all different here, so progress will show differently. Just to be able to say that I have kept off 70 lbs., to me...says more than anything. I'd also like to say that one sandwich, does not a failure make. You have to please you, little girl....and saying no sometimes...is very pleasing. If you're with a family member, they will understand and shouldn't be offended. I used to have a hard time at work too....because everyone is always eating something. But once everyone saw I was trying to change my life, they finally stopped offering. I actually had one of the girls offer me some food the other day.....but before I got a chance to even see what it was, she said, "Don't worry Tina....it's healthy food." That made me feel good.

Barb: It does take some time to work up the courage to say no......especially when you've been saying "yes" most of your life. I mean, come on. Would we be in the place that we are now, if we hadn't of said yes.....way too many times. I try not to think of it as a "yes and no" thing....I just try to think of it as a "better way of life" thing. It's hard to go out and eat anytime, and occasionally....we will splurge. The most important thing is not to dwell on it and move on.

Sara:
Quote:
Hmm. It's also crossed my mind before that 3FC as a whole should have some sort of convention with seminars, and speakers and healthy meals... like a fun, ladies' weekend away...
Sounds great to me!! Like I told Kat the other day.....I am ALWAYS up for a good road trip. Seeing you ladies would be the icing on my cake. Uh.....fat free, sugar free, angel food cake, that is.

Tracy: Even though you're not posting regularly, I have wondered about you often. For some reason, you stuck out in my head.....just knowing that you've read all our posts makes you part of the family. I know it's hard to not get depressed sometimes.....it happens to all of us. I don't have to tell you that we are here for you...because I think you know that. Keep reading, post when you feel like it, and before you know it....you will be addicted just like us!

Thin: I figure you've been busy and would be tired when you got back. Once again, I have to say I was sorry to hear about your friend's father passing. And something else, we love your two cents worth....nickels worth, heck...we don't mind when you pass the buck even. That's what we count on you for. Take a few minutes out to catch your breath, relax and you know where we're at. {{{{hugs}}}}

Amanda: First of all.....let me say "WELCOME" in case I haven't yet. We are all very strikingly different individuals here, but isn't that what makes the world go round? The best part about that is, 99.9 % of the time, our personalities do not clash.....and if they do, most of us have the tact to not be rude and insult someone. We all enjoy some spirited debating, but 100% of the time.....we are here for one another. Stick around and get to know us....you'll not find a better group of friends. I will always believe that.

Deon: Thank you so much for your support of me yesterday. I know I said I wouldn't say anymore on the issue, but I did have to thank you. It meant alot. Don't let something like this keep you away though.....we can't control what other people do or say, I learned that a long time ago. All we can do is try to be the best person we can be. We are not going to please everyone all the time and that is ok. I'm very proud of you and your accomplishments. Just getting out of the bed everyday and making an effort is an accomplishment, no matter how fast or how slow we do it. And another thing, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone....whether you come here and spend over an hour (like I am on this post) or if you spend 20 minutes....you are your own person and have rights to do what makes you happy.

Steph: In case I haven't said it yet, I wanted to sincerely congratulate you on going to Curves. We have one here in our town, but I'm not quite ready to do the "public exercising" yet. I do believe however, that when I get to that point.....Curves would definitely be the place to go. Wow....I just went back and read your last post and what a lot of exercising you did yesterday.....I need to get busy and catch up!

Lori: I completely agree with what you are saying about us all being built differently. I am very fortunate in the fact that my arms and to a certain degree, my legs are not very big. The majority of my weight is in my stomach area and that is my nemesis. When I was in school, my stomach was always flat, and I hate that is where I carry my excess weight. Not for long though!

Kat: Hey there mean girl....even though I know you're slacking on posting for awhile, I know you're still reading (at least you better be) and I had to include you, because even though you're not here in "keyboard", you're still here in spirit. Like I said before, you have to do what's best for you and I totally support you. I'll miss you....but also like I said before, I'm sure it won't be for long. You've got a fire in you some don't have, and I'm proud to call you my friend.

Sandy:Ssshhhh....I have to talk very quietly because Sandy probably has a hangover.... LOL Seriously, I hope you are having a very nice time away with the girls....it has been so long since I've done something like that, I can't even tell you. I think we tend to get so tied up with our family, jobs and everday life that we forget, we do need to take time out for us. Good for you. Can't wait till you get back!

Ok gals.....I don't think it is humanly possible that I missed anyone, but if I did......PLEASE forgive me. My fingers are about to fall off and I think my butt is now numb. I am getting my butt out of this chair now, going to the restroom (TMI) and then me and Leslie Sansone have a date!

I will be back later. Hope you all have a healthy, happy Sunday!

Last edited by QueenB; 05-04-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy, everybody! My honey let me sleep as long as I wanted this morning and I slept in until 11:15! WooHoo! What a guy!!!

My oldest sure does clean up nice. I think I told you I went out shopping with him a week or so ago to find him a suit. He pick it out, it is black. He wore a wine colored shirt under it with a black tie. You girls would have been drooling!

I had run out to the school last week, I think I told you, to check out the size of the seats. I didn't fit perfectly, but we were not all squashed in, there were several seats empty on either side of us so I was able to take an end and be comfortable. We got there early and were only 3 rows behind the graduates.

When I was at the school, I went to the bookstore and picked up some 'alumni' supplies, new stickers for his car window, an Oakland University tie (the one he wore) and the ever famous diploma frame (damn they're expensive!). I really went after an alumni shirt of some sort, but they were all sold out so I have to order one.

The party at home went well. We had 18 for dinner. I set up a buffet and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The 'baby' came in for the day (so I could do laundry) and then left to go back to school at about 6:30. I finally got rid of everyone else about 8:00.

Then I come in here and what do I find? Chaos! Now this is where my 'nickel's' worth comes in, so if you don't want to hear it, just don't read it. I'll let you know when I'm done.....

Baylee: I'm so disappointed, pi$$ed and irritated....but not with you....with myself. The reason??? Because you sucked me in. I trusted that you cared, when obviously you didn't. I trusted that you wanted to try and be a participant in a weightloss adventure, when obviously you'd rather be a critical bystander. But mostly, I trusted that you were my friend, when obviously you weren't. Shame on ME for being so trusting.

How can you be such a B#@*H as to come here and degrade and demean these women, myself included, who have taken you in and been your friends??? (that is a retorical question, because honey, we don't need 'your' type of friend here, and I'd just as soon not haer another word from you. So don't bother to answer it.) Maybe you've just been disengenuous from the beginning. Inquiring minds, DON'T want to know!!!! GOOD RIDDENCE to you AND your attitude!!!

Ok, my nickel's worth is almost done, but this is for all of you still reading. Whether you're a regular here, a lurker, or just passing through.....

I am here because once, a long time ago (July of 2000), I stumbled upon a wonderful website called 3 Fat Chics. When I got here I was big and fat but with a heartful of hope that for once I would be able to shed some pounds.

I knew that my plan was determined, I had picked WW. At the time, I was working the plan and it was working for me. When I got to the site (it was my first experience with a bulletin board and I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing) I looked for any topic that looked interesting. I found the section on WW and found a group that was listed as 100 pounds to lose. I went through a bunch of the main page topics and under 'support' I found the 300+ thread, it was brand new, just started.

I thought "Oh my God, there really are people out there as big as I am that want to make a difference in their lives, and who might just have something in common with me." I was the largest person in my WW class. ****, I was the largest person most places I went. And I'm thinking I'm really alone in the world.

What I found was exactly that. Other caring, compassionate, LARGE individuals who I could share with. There are only a couple of us here from that original crew but here's why I still am.

Now, I'm going to make this story short (I know, too late! ). It was an amazing feeling to have found these other women with similar problems and concerns to mine. I remember how I felt when we made that connection. It didn't matter that we were from all areas of the planet. It didn't matter that our personal life circumstances were a bit different. It didn't matter that we were of different ages, or family backgrounds. Married or not. Kids or no kids. The fact was, we connected because of our size and I'm sure that there are people who are new (just like each of us were once) that find this site and think 'oh my gosh, there ARE others out there like me'. As a matter of fact, I KNOW there are because we've picked up a slew of newbies since the beginning of the year....and we're glad to have each of them.

The purpose of this thread was always to be supportive, inspiring and motivational. There are some days when we will walk along hand in hand, there are some days when we will be pulling a friend back up on the wagon, and there will be some where we will be the ones being pulled. Every day is NOT perfect, sometimes the perfect days are rare. But that's ok. We're still sticking out. And after all, what's the alternative, throw in the towel, gain till we explode???? At least we're all working on it and better for having the friends here to walk by our sides.

I am thankful for the friends that I have connected with here. They have been a lifeline more times than I can count. I have not always done well with my weightloss, but it sure isn't the fault of anyone here, it is MY fault. I know that my program works, if I work the program. I have not 'worked the program' in a long while. I have however, learned some things on my journey which have allowed me to 'maintain' a 40 pound weightloss for the past 3 years.

This is the end of my second 'nickel's worth' (does that mean it's worth a dime??). I will come back and posts replies so that I don't lose this. If you're still reading....bless your heart!!

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-04-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:06 PM   #5  

Happy Birthday
Michelle

Geez, Tina I guess I will go for two sentences today!!!!

I am holding which is better than gaining while I try to find something that will work for me.

I want to lost 75 lbs by next summer. There is a 125 year celebration in the town 3 miles from me and I thought that would make a good goal. I haven't really set a goal before so maybe this will be a "help". I have ordered some books from the library on various weight loss/health plans to see what I think.

Thin, I will be happy to send you the 10 cents for your post. I think it is great.

I start my new job tomorrow. My clothes are ready and I might just take (unusual for me) a nap today to make sure I am well rested.

It is raining here so I can't rake or haul or shove ANYTHING outside.

(happy Tina????)
Old 05-04-2003, 02:32 PM   #6  

Happy Sunday to all you beautiful chicks!!!

Anyway, today was the dreaded weight and measure day; I didn't lose any inches this week--then again, I didn't GAIN any inches either ! I did, however, drop yet another pound, considering I had visitors last night and they ordered submarine sandwiches (I only ate half of one). Guess my metabolism is back in high gear !

Michelle--Happy birthday! May it be full of happy surprises and blessings.

(I love these little smilies)

It looks right now that I may be getting new pics taken this coming Friday--I'll keep you all posted.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:52 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, I'm back! Nothing new since I hit the 'edit' button the last time, so I'll just go right into replies.

Michelle: I hope you're having a great birthday! "lets ask ourselves honestly...If we weren't on this computer posting would we truly be using this time to EXERCISE...I really don't think so!!" Boy, you hit that one square on the head. That AirWalker has been sitting out there in the family room for weeks. That one week I was on it 3 times, proved to myself I could do it, but I haven't been on it since.

Jiffypop: Good to see you! I wondered where you had disappeared to. I'm glad to know that you're at least reading. I hope you will jump in more often.

Barb: It sounds like you're ready for vacation! All honey and I get to take is a day or two here and there. We haven't had a real vacation since the kids were real little. Honey's a workaholic and I know that I am a big burden when it comes to going anywhere, because I frown on flying (for obvious size reasons) and I can't do much walking, so I'm afraid I'm more of the reason we don't vacation than he is. Hopefully some day that will change. Your picture is great and Charlee is such a cutie!!!

Deon: Hope you're doing ok and your blood pressure has returned to normal by now. Let it go. Bullies always look for the reaction. I think we've given enough of that.

Mary: DH asked you for a date???? Awwww, that's romantic. I bet you just warmed him up with that romantic weekend a couple weeks ago. Keep that romance going. I will live vicariously through you too!

Tina: Honey, I'm sorry you got so attacked. [[[hugs]]] but, ya know, I think we all got a good share of it too. Don't take any of it to heart, We love you AND your enthusiasm. BTW, did you get your "buck's" worth today? I don't want you to be disappointed. * Your pictures are amazing. How telling is that! You've been making some real progress! Good Going! * BTW, have you watched Speedvision??? I get stuck once in awhile . But anyway, I'm beginning to like Mikey Waltrup. He's got such a cute personality! You know, LOOKS aren't everything!!!

Steph: Oh honey, I'm so proud of you for joining Curves! You are doing a marvelous job and I just know you are going to see the results of your efforts real soon.

2cute: As always, the diplomat!!! I love ya, kid!!! [[[hugs]]] * On the subject of the sandwich from your sister: I know that you feel bad you couldn't say 'no', but have you ever thought that sitting down with her and having that sandwich might have been the best thing you could have done for HER???? She might have just needed to share lunch with you more than you might imagine. Just a thought.

Kat: You get your s*** together any way you need to as long as you get your butt in here....often!!! Staying away will NOT help you. You love us too much!!! "who says I have to talk about weight loss anyway?" I don't think anybody said that. If they did, I didn't hear it. If it brings you down to talk about weight, don't. Coming here has always been like stopping at a friend's house for a cup of coffee and chatting up a storm, sharing the day. That hasn't changed. [[[hugs]]]

Lori: Amen on the sizes. We are all shaped different. I happen to carry the most of my weight in my a$$ and thighs. I have to buy a bigger size top than I need so that it fits right around the hips. Then I have to be bothered by the sagging shoulders. Life's a Beach!!!!

Amanda: We're glad you're here! We have our little bumps in the road occasionally, but isn't that true with any large group? * Have you thought about WW online? I have no idea what it costs, but it might be worth a look see. *Driving 60 miles to college is quite the committment. It's very hard to try and do full time school and be a full time mom, ask Michelle. Maybe you should try just a couple of classes at a time, instead of trying to do it all at once. If you lived closer to campus, it might be different, but that's a pretty long commute.

Sara: I'm so glad you dropped in. I was really beginning to worry about you. You hadn't been here since just before your birthday! I'm glad you're ok (you know we've been hearing about all the SARS in Toronto, makes us who love you, more worried). *So did taking care of your friend's kids make you want one???? Huh, huh, did it????

Lucky: I was all ready to mention that one line post of yours too, but I see that while I'm writing this you got back in here and did a little better! I'm really sorry that you don't get to move more rocks today. I'm sure that makes you terribly unhappy! Happy New Job! I'm sure it will be a wonderful opportunity for you. * I hope you find a weightloss plan that will fit YOU! I know there's one out there, sometimes we just have to search a little. Good luck on your search. [[[hugs]]]

Tracy: I'm glad to see you too. You came and posted your picture, I added you to my 'wall of friends' and then you disappeared. Please come and post....often. Even if it's just a line or two. As mentioned, the subject matter doesn't have to be weightloss, whatever you want to talk about is fine (this coming from the resident 'motormouth'). We're here. We're just a group of friends getting together for a bottle of water once in awhile. We miss our friends when they're AWOL for any length of time.

Duckie: Where are you sweetie? You've been gone awhile. Check in and let us know you're ok.

Sandy: Come on, honey. Wake up, it's morning!!! *bang the pots and pans* We want to hear all the gorey details of your party weekend.

If I've missed anyone, I'm really sorry. I tried my best. I really do love you all.

P.S. I hope you don't mind but I've decided to start adding a quote to the bottom of each post. I have several journal type books that I have collected favorites in over the years and they do nobody any good (including myself) if they're not read. I used to do this awhile ago and then got out of the habit. I'd like to pick it back up again. The first one is from my old WW leader. Have a great day!!!

If you do the things you've always done, you'll get what you've always got!!! - Frank Maltese

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-04-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:22 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Happy Birthday, Michelle!!

Have fun being for a day!!

Scoops on the cat fight later...

And to everyone else...thanks so much for your encouraging words and support. I love you all!!
Old 05-04-2003, 04:34 PM   #9  

Talking Quickie!

Happy B-day Michelle!
Hope you have a wonderful, spoiled rotten day!
Old 05-04-2003, 04:58 PM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Nothing new to say just wanted to pop in.
Lori... I went to your web site for the first time. You are a busy lady. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. I am very impressed.

Okay ladies... it is 4pm and I have not eaten but 2 eggs all day.
Why??? Because all I want to eat are nono's
So rather than eat off plan.. I have not eaten.
I KNOW that is not good... but neither is eating off plan.
So... I am starving now... and I am DETERMINED to eat healthy.
I guess I will go for now and report back tonight.
Have a great rest of the day.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-04-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:46 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

I honestly do not have the words to tell you guys how much you mean to me.....I do not know what I would do without you.

Thin: Your post made me cry. You have been here with me since the beginning and your opinion means so much to me and your words just made my day. I think I owe you at least a couple of bucks for that.

Lucky: Thank you very much. I am happy now. See, I'm not too hard to please.....just give me a couple of sentences and I'll be quiet. Well.....at least for a day or so.

2cute: Ok, you know you're in for it now, don't you? Two eggs do not a meal make! Go in your kitchen....fix you something nice and healthy and I want a report that not only did you enjoy it.....but you feel much better after having eaten. That's an order.

Kat: See....I knew you wouldn't be far away. We love you too.

Duckie: I am sooo sorry....I did forget you in my earlier post. Well, I didn't forget....I just forgot to remember. As you can see, we've been a little busy the last couple of days, but that's no excuse. Please pop in and let us know how you're doing!

Lori: Congrats on the one pound down! That's four sticks of butter you just lost! Also, I can't wait to see your pictures. You are going to share, aren't you?

Ok, looks like I'm caught up at least for the moment.....although I do have to say to Michelle once again: Happy Birthday!

Oh, by the way.........I weighed in at the mall today and lost 2.2 lbs. Thought you guys might want to know that.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Happy Birthday Michelle!
Old 05-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well, I had a long day at work today, so by the time I got home I was wiped out. I have some energy left so I might go for a walk in a little while. I'm not sure yet.
Tina- 2.2 lbs is awesome. Good for you. And 5 out of 7 is pretty darn good. I'm proud of you. I really think you would like it at Curves. Everyone is too busy doing their own thing for you to have to worry about anyone watching you.
2Cute- I second what Tina said. 2 eggs aren't even a meal, let alone enough for a whole day.
Lori- congrats on the 1 pound
Lucky- good luck at the new job
Thin- I enjoyed reading your nickel's worth. Congrats on your son's graduation. You must be so proud.
Hello to everyone else.
Steph
Old 05-05-2003, 12:23 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB

Lori: Congrats on the one pound down! That's four sticks of butter you just lost! Also, I can't wait to see your pictures. You are going to share, aren't you?

Well, the photographer confirmed me for Friday May 9 at 1:30. Hopefully it doesn't rain, so we can get some good outdoor shots. And, I will definitely share the new pics (new hairdo and all )!!!!!

2Cute--yes, I have been a busy beaver, haven't I? Thanks for the compliments on the website; once I get the new pics taken, I will be updating them. And....hopefully will be landing more bookings once more weight comes off !

By the way, Tina: WHO WON THE RACE?

Last edited by loranden; 05-05-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:37 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Amanda:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMANDA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
And many more....
Closed Thread