Old 03-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #14

Good morning gals. Up and at em early as I have to take Jack to work at 6 then go to Petsmart and drop of Marty at the vets, swing by there house and drop off all his pet stuff, go by the grocery and home then out again around 10 or so to pick up the kids from the airport and take them home.

I texted Thomas yesterday and asked him if they were on dry land again as I knew the ship had pulled in that morning early. He called be a bit later and said they were in the port of Miami and "We are waiting for a taxi to take us to uhhhhh, somewhere!" I heard his mom yell in the background "to the car rental place to pick up a car." He repeated it and said see you tomorrow and started to hang up but she yelled in the background she wanted to talk to me and proceeded to tell me she got accosted I guess somewhere on the pier by some guy that actually picked her up by her arms. She said she has bruises on her arms and had to make a police report. The police told her, "the person is not presses charges." My firey little redhead spouted back, "press charges for what he doesn't have the bruises on his arms." The cop said there were "differing" stories. She told him there was an officer (might have been security I don't know) standing right there when it happened. So anyway, she told me she would tell me the whole story when I picked her up.

This week is clean the house top to bottom and the weekend we shampoo all the carpets good. It is hard to clean with Marty because unlike Fortune he follows me around everywhere and gets under foot. I have almost fallen over him several times because I am not used to that. I imagine he doesn't do that with his family that he just wants to make sure I am not leaving him. When we got home from AR boy he wanted in my lap all evening. I gave up trying to sleep in the bed and went and slept in the recliner with one dog between my legs and the other on my left thigh. They stayed there the whole night so at least I slept!

Susan: Hope your hand is feeling better. I noticed my toe area tingling yesterday a bit. Wow, you seem to have timed one job ending and picking up another one just right! My sister has been a legal secretary for 20 years and I was talking to her about when her job ends as her husband has been living in AZ by himself for a good year and a half. She said this was the test as the woman she trained was to work by herself for the week they were gone. I guess the woman thinks my sister works for her now and has been bossing her around and such. My sister says she is fed up with it. Unfortunately, she is being told by employers in AZ that they don't hire legal secretaries without AZ law background. Just how are you supposed to learn it if you don't work it?

Gail: Hope you have great day today.

Maggie: Thanks for the info on the roast

Jean: Hope your computer isn't on the fritz and it was just a fluke.

Have a good one everybody. Jack will be down in just a couple minutes and likes to ready the news online with his breakfast. Faye

(PS: 10 am my brother just called and said he has broken his back. I guess it is from his truck accident a couple months ago and they never caught it! Please keep Lee in your prayers he is in a lot of pain at the moment)

Last edited by gma22; 03-21-2011 at 11:01 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a nice day here in the Heartland. Sun shining and the birds are twitterpated. This afternoon we are taking a drive out and about. I had a "maintain" at my weigh in this morning. That is the 3rd in a row and tells me this new WW program is really working for me to maintain. I need to take a real good look at things and tweek what I have been doing a bit to suit my system. I am just so thankful that they are maintaines instead of gains though. But enough is enough for I am in this to lose. Maintaining comes later after I have reached goal. Then I will be so happy to be maintaining.

DONNA FAYE I am so sorry about your brother and do hope the docs can give him some releif. Back pain is ranked, in my mind anyway, as top of the list of pain. Sounds like you have busy day ahead of you. That is a scarey thing that happened to your gal. She may just have a good witness in that guard and get it all straightened out. She may need to have pictures taken of those bruises and the date on them documented. That man needs to be brought to justice for he isn't safe to be out with the public.

MAGNOLIAS Having a great day? Isn't it a beautiful Monday.

Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 03-21-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Happy Monday!

Maggie, bless your heart! Somehow you read that we are getting a puppy or have a puppy...named Beanie. Nope. No puppy. Beanie what Wayne sometimes calls Robyn, our youngest granddaughter (age 7)...which she is not too happy about but allows her grandpa to call her that. Now...we did go to Amy's (youngest daughter, mom to Amanda and Robyn) house last Monday night to SEE a puppy...which turned out not to be a puppy but a 5-month old poodle-maltese mix...in dire need of a good professional grooming and a visit (or two) to a vet. We came home without a dog. Bad timing. I probably was very mixed up in my typing of my post. Not to worry as I either forget what I've just read sometimes or get the story all mixed up in some way...

...like this morning. I could have sworn I read in the newspaper article I read about the job fair I'm attending for Discover Card, that there would be interviewing on site. I went back to re-read and nothing was said about it. However, I had to register on-line in order to attend this job fair. Which I did. Now I'm having an anxiety attack because I have to take and pass an assessment test. I haven't done well with these types of things in the past. Of course, Wayne thinks I'm incredilby smart (bless his heart) and when I try to remind him that I failed the last two assessment tests (for different companies) he just said I will do great! Poor man, he thinks so highly of me. No pressure here! Anyway, I have to pass this thing in order to attend the fair and here I was worried about what I was going to wear!

Which, by the way, I'm wearing a size 16 in the misses department! And I did buy some nice dressy pants (not casual khakis that I usually wear) at Kohl's today. On sale.

Oh! The job! It's entry-level. Fine with me. I don't need the stress. Although I'm stressed out now about taking that assessment test. It's 30-39 hours a week...with possibly working on the weekend. I refuse to work on Sunday. There may be a problem! Of course, I have to get through that assessment test....

Let's speak of other things!

Oh my goodness, Donna Faye! Your daughter was accosted/attacked and SHE is being blamed?! I'm glad to hear she is a strong-minded person and set that officer straight! People are crazy now days it seems!

Susan, in my area anyone can go into a WW Center and buy stuff. Do not have to be a member. I always wondered if peole sat in on the meetings that shouldn't have been there.

Jean, was it you that mentioned sandals? I cannot wait for warm weather.

Okay...my dryer just played me a little tune letting me know my clothes are dry.

Take care....
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

BACK AT YA

GAIL Our dogs are named Ragg Mopp and Beanie. In fact little Beanie is asleep at my feet as I type. I wasn't trying to name your dog when you decide to get one. Guess our wires got crossed. Yep that happens. Hope you do get into that job fair doings. Yes ~ you are smart so don't think otherwise my friend. Wayne has lived with you for so long now he ought to know and you and I have been friends for a long time so I should know. I am sure glad I am not looking for a job this day and age. Your new pants sound very nice, so you finally went shopping for clothes. Isn't it fun to be in a smaller size and find things that fit nicely. You go girlfriend.

HELLO out there to you other Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-21-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #5  

Good morning to you all! It is warming up fairly quickly this morning. I am hoping we keep spring temps for another month as we have to tackle the ac issue inbetween time and need to make sure there is enough money to do that.

The update on what happened to my dd is that all the cruisers were in line to get off the ship I guess packed in like sardines, some guy behind her got snippy and wanted her to move quicker, they cut in front of people halfway bowling them over. He said something to Kelly like "So are you gonna move or just stand there?" She kept her cool I will say that for her. Tom was back in the pack and saw nothing as he was with his elderly parents, his dad being in a wheelchair. Well, he got in front of her I guess and his bratty preteen or teen dd, don't know which clobbered Kelly a few times with her bag and Kelly said to her, "Would you please stop hitting me with your bag?" Kelly said she acted like she was doing it on purpose. The dad then came back at Kelly and in full view of everyone including ship personnel AND dade county police put his hands around Kelly's arms and picked her straight up into the air. Cruise people rushed over and stopped him from doing anything else, and she said she didn't want anyone arrested, but she felt she needed to make a police report. She had pushed her way through the crowd when he let lose of her she said not even paying attention to Thomas and such (I imagine terror took over) Anyway, the guy got away from the cruise guy and the cop came to Kelly and ask if she could still see him and she pointed him out. That's when he gave the story she was harrassing his daughter, etc, etc, but I guess there was a big crowd of dade county police all together and lots of witnesses. She has bruised arms and he broke little capillaries in her arms.

This is a picture of what Thomas brought me back. He always brings me a magnet and the flip flop has St Thomas sand in it. She said he picked out the Christmas decoration too.

Jack went to work this morning with an awful sore throat, but my uncle was sick with stuff, my sister was getting over bronchitis so he probably picked up like my niece said some cooties at their house.

Maggie: His is in his lower back way down by the tailbone so I imagine sitting is pretty hard along with working and such. He works as an electrician for Ford and says they have 11 lines going at the moment and 3 electricians, one is out sick, one is on vacation and him. He says he will just plod along and do the best he can until they get back. I guess the new Explorer is flying out the door. He said he can't believe in this economy a $35,000 suv is being sold so quickly.

Gail: Congrats on getting new slacks. You need to go for it so to speak and try and stay as calm as possible. If the assessment involves typing, just close your mind to it being a test and think you are typing to friends and go for it. I know you will do well.

Jean: hope your computer problems are solved soon. We miss you.

Susan: Hope you are having a good day.

I guess I need to get started gals. I got nothing done yesterday as all I did was run here and there. My house is filthy and needs a good scrubbing. I wanted to clean it last week, but Marty follows me everywhere and I have tripped over him numerous times so gave up on that.
Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0126 (800x767).jpg (43.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #6  

Good morning, ladies! Expecting a few showers today but temps in the 60s.

I just have time for a short one - this is my work-both-jobs day. Nothing interesting happening.

Faye, I hope my AC is okay for another year. It's old but worked well last year. I don't keep my house very cool, never under 78 unless someone is coming to visit. I hope yours won't be too expensive to fix - maybe it just needs freon. I added your brother to my prayers and I'll put him on the prayer chain at church. That was really scary - what happened to Kelly. I can't believe he tried to put the blame on her. He needs anger management classes.

Gloria, I have confidence you'll have no problem with the assessment. They aren't turning out workers like us anymore! It always feels so good to get into a smaller size.

Hi, Maggie and Jean.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bit humid this 67 degree day so far in the Heartland and we have the cieling flans whirring. Will has taken his computer (laptop) down to have all the "stuff" transferred to a new one this day. I don't want a new one yet for mine is working fine. When he gets the new one home I will load the office program I have on it. They would have loaded it on but I didn't get up early enough to get it out for him to take to them. No biggie, I can do it easily enough. He just came in and showed me he had been by the market and bought me a nice carton of ripe "huge" strawberries. These berries aren't hallow in the center either. Grew slowly and got big. We are grilling steaks today with bakers and a nice tossed green salad and strawberries. Right now I am sipping my first coffee of the day. Speaking of ~ the other day when Will brought home my sf ff latte it tasted like something else entirely, which it was. He took a sip of his coffee and it wasn't what he ordered either. He took them back and the gal realized she had switched the order. She made us what we wanted then gave Will a gift card worth several more coffees. He said that they didn't have to do that and she smiled and said, "You are such a good customer we want to keep you that way." Such service. More places could adopt their attitude and keep their customers happy. Those gals down there say they love to see us coming for we always have a good time with them. Life is good. The workers are out laying the new fiber optic lines and when they get it all done they will hook our TV up for we signed up for the change. We will get much more for less of what we are currently paying to the folks we go through now, whose service we are not happy with. Hopefully it will be changed before Baseball season gets going good. Baseball is our game. Don't watch round ball or football. I am Dodger blue through and through. When I checked on the Eagles it was raining there. That bird looked so pitiful on that nest getting soaked. Well, the water was running off those beautiful feathers.

DONNA FAYE What a neat gift he picked out for you. Thanks for the "rest of the story." What a clod that guy is. He does need anger management classes for sure. But since whe won't press charges they can't make him go. To think I used to teach that to the criminals I counseled. Well, at least I "tried" to teach them how to manage it. OH poor Jack. He just can't seem to get ahead of it. That virus reached out and grabbed him. Your brother is in dire straits having to go to work with that pain, I must say. But looks like he is a very dedicated worker and that is a good thing. Poor guy he will probably have to get one of those donut things to sit on to releive the pressure on that lower back and tail bone area. I don't belive for one nanno moment that your house is "filthy." Not yours. Granted there are different degrees of filthy but your not in any of the categories. NOT filthy.

OH JEAN I am so sorry you are having computer problems. But maybe they will fix it up soon back to exact. We will miss you while you are gone. Will ws having problems also and "has" to get a new one.

SUSAN Don't work too hard now. Looks like our temps are running about the same. We keep our temp set at 68 in the winter and 70 in the summer ~ that way the heater and air conditioner don't come on as much. We prefer using the ceiling fans which we have in every room except the dining room which we plan on getting one up in there this year.

GAIL How are things going with you this day?

Too hip gotta go. Later.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

See what I mean, Maggie?! I'm not very smart if I keep messing up in reading posts. Here I am accusing you of not reading my posts correctly when all along it's ME! I'm sorry. Strawberries...yum.

So.....I have a job interview. TODAY AT 4PM! Before I could attend the job fair tomorrow I had to apply for the job on-line as a pre-registration thingey. Which I did. Then I get an email asking me to take a simulation call center assessment test. (This job is very entry-level.) I did. This morning. Wayne and I then get dressed for the day. Yes, that's right I took the assessment in my pj's. Anyway, in the course of running errands...right inside Walmart at the cheese area, my cell phone rings. It's their HR rep wanting to interview me! Today at 4PM. 30-39 hours. I would be happy just working 30 hours a week. I don't want to work full time. Really. 30 hours would be enough. See? I'm not greedy.

Donna Faye, the assessment was....fun. Imagine that. I love the magnets. I always buy magnets when I vacation/visit some place. My refrigerator was covered on the side for a long time and then I went on a cleaning rampage and their all stuck together inside a drawer.

Susan, I hope your AC will work for you! Such an expense when they don't run efficiently.

Jean, hope your computer gets better or you get a better one!

Now...I need to go put together an interview outfit.........................
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #9  

Good morning to you all! It is nice and cool, a bit windy at the moment and we are supposed to get more rain today. That we don't need. Coming home from AR and crossing the bridge, even at 11 pm at night you could see that the river had flooded for a good 1/4 mile over its banks. I am not sure what flood level for the old Mississippi is in our area at the mo' but I know it was creepy feeling to see it. I told Jack as we crossed the bridge anyone going in that river wouldn't come out. I guess it makes for good barge hauling, but the river has some serious riptides. You can actually see the currents on top of the water they are so strong.

Poor Jack seems to go from one thing to another that's for sure. I have been giving him my sore throat remedy and it soothes it and helps for awhile, but unless he takes it to work, he comes home with a sore throat and he is at the coughing stage where the irritation is making his sort of choke. He didn't even eat breakfast this morning. I told him not to let it get too bad to go to the Walgreen clinic if need be since it can be hard to get into our regular dr and the clinics around here take Tricare. I am making sure I don't catch it as much as I can, but I use papercups for meds and such and the handwash all the time so you can only do so much. Being a married couple you share and share alike I guess!

Jean: Hope your computer isn't in the shop too long we miss you.

Susan: I am afraid I would have kneed the guy in the privates if that had happened to me, but I am sure she was so surprised and frightened by it she was just struggling to get away. You wonder how many other people he bullies like that. I saw online for the city news that the Navy base is going to have an air show in May with the Blue Angels. I didn't know this, but they had suspended most shows for the last year or so because of budget and economic issues. I sure miss seeing them, but I don't miss the crowds they draw. They charge now too, which they didn't used to. It goes to charity, but still. You don't get anything free anymore.

Gail: See, I told you that you would do fine and get the assessment done right! Hope you get the job and things work out fine for you. How is Wayne doing job hunting? My brother works for Ford and he says that they have sure come around. He had actually at one time almost lost his house because his hours were cut back so much.

Maggie: We have a wonderful candy company that is local her called Dinstuhls and around May they have the most delicous chocolate covered strawberries you have ever had in your life. The owners are friends of Kelly's mil and years ago she gave me some. They have since sold it as they are elderly, but I am assuming they still make those lovely berries every year.

Nothing much going on here. Still working on the house, doing laundry today and such. I am reading The Lincoln Lawyer on audiobook and it is a great book. I just finished two other audio books both by Nora Roberts, one I got on sale for $5 and is called High Noon and the other is one of her J D Robb books, the current in her "in death" series and is the best one yet, Treachery In Death. I am anxious for the next Janet Evanovich book to be out. She is so absolutely hilarious I just love her books. If any of you are big readers, any of these books are great. Just make sure you start at the first in the "in death" series as even though they are separate stories, relationships and such with the characters evolve and you need to read them in order.

Have a good one today gals. Off to hunt up some breakfast and get to work. Faye
Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Cold Wednesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a chilly windy day here in the Heartland. Yesterday we had the air on and now the heater is on. I am sitting here with goose bumps on my arms. Ah but my coffee tastes good this morning. The dogs aren't anxious to go outside and frolic. Will got a call from my doc early this morning to tell me to call the hospital and make an appointment for an x-ray. I asked him what it was that I needed x-rayed. He said he didn't know just that I need an x-ray. The only thing I can think of is that she wants me to have a mameogram. That is an x-ray and I am due for one and hate them with a passion. You know me I would rather go to the dentist. Well, I'll say! My closet door is open in this room and I happened to glance up to the top shelf and sitting there is a box full of quart sized freezer bags we bought when we were at Sams in the city and Will stashed them up there out of sight out of mind. Nifty, what a find. I don't usually open that side of the closet for there is storage of sewing items, tax records and computer "stuff" there and nothing to do with my glass but he needed a booklet I have in a case in there to do with a computer program and left the door open. What a nice find. I noticed he still has my christmas box of small things sitting out in his office. I have this small @ 6 inch tall glass tree that has little orniments to hang on each limb that was made to use on a dining table as a place setting beside a plate during the season. I only purchased one to use in my small village I put out. Anyway when he reached for it to bring it to me across the room Beanie tripped him and he dropped the tree and it broke in several pieces. The way it broke can be glued back together nicely ~ when he gets it glued and back in it's box the box will go in his closet. I might mention it today that I can glue it back together. I have some really good glue. If the catalogue I purchased that tree from has it offered again in next winters catalogue I think I will get another. It is really cute. I was just going to leave it out with the houses and take the ornaments off. Oh well.

DONNA FAYE I have had dreams about that river flooding and sweeping cars off the bridge. Actually it was replaying the news photos through my head at night. They do call that the "mighty" Mississippi. It is very strong for sure. Ooooo I would love to have a few of her strawberries, what a treat. We need to make a trip back to TN for sure. I do hope that Jacks sore throat is a short lived thing. If it isn't one thing it is another with him ~ You don't mind if I send him a hug do ya?

JEAN - GAIL - SUSAN Hope all y'all are having a lovely day this humpday.

It has warmed up in here finally and it is quite nice now. Type at y'all later.

Im back ~ I looked up Dinstuhl's and they even have chocolate covered grapes + the strawberries.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-23-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #11  

We woke up to a change of pace this morning. It is cool in the 50's and supposed to stay that way today. It is beautiful and sunny though.

Jack felt so bad last night he never even went upstairs and changed his clothing. It was quite warm yesterday so I told him the gate is locked and no one is expected here sit in your underwear if you want, which he did. He even slept in the recliner and on the couch he felt so bad so I joined him and stayed down here so I could keep an eye on his. He took some Nyquil and has been drinking my sore throat remedy and felt much better this morning and went to work. I told him to try and take it easy today so I hope he can.

I am going to start tackling rugs this morning. Jack was going to do them this weekend, but I think with his cold it is too much for him so I am going to do the downstairs ones today and he can do our room and the hallway this weekend, which is pretty easy as we aren't going to move furniture this time just spot clean upstairs. The office and guest room don't need shampooing this time around.

Maggie: I don't mine a mammogram at all, but of course when I do mine I am don't have any discomfort like some ladies do. I need to get in and have another one done as I am behind on the last one, but you know how it is about all that kind of stuff you forget about it and it goes by the wayside for awhile until you think about it again. The thing about the chocolate covered strawberries they have is the "filling" so to speak. Chocolate strawberries are very popular down her for some reason and I had a couple different kinds when I worked for the mechanical firm, but the Dinstuhl's have sort of a clear liquid around them instead of some that have more of a creamy texture to it. Anyway, I just like theirs better and the berries are huge and sweet. It is a nice treat sometimes.

Not much else going on in my world. I just always seem to have stuff to do like everyone else. You all have a nice Thursday! Faye
Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a chilly 33 degree day here in the Heartland. I have a chicken out to thaw which I will cook in my rotisserie for dinner. This is the day Will works at the museum so I will time it for when he gets home. I think we have decided to leave our dogs with the vet for boarding while we make that quick trip down to Texas the end of the month. They have a nice big area for the dogs to romp around outside so Beanie will really like that. Ragg Mopp probably won't like being left and act like he did when he got out & about last time. But he will get over it when we get back from our quick trip. He is getting to be an old man. I can't think of a better place to leave them for those folks down there know the dogs and the dogs know them. The college kids they hire on the weekends are great. Since that big university is here in this little burg the town employs lots of the students. We have gotten to know quite a few of them when we have been out and about hither and yon. I am going to up my walking time this day. Do a couple more laps. Wish I had a swimming pool or an ocean close by. AH but if wishes were horses then beggers would ride. I must be content with what I have to work with. in place and lift some and some using my as I

DONNA FAYE I do feel so sorry for your Jack. A gal can only do what she can for her main squeeze and you are the best for doing what you are. I am going to make some chocolate coverd fruit when we get back from Texas. I have a recipe for Chocolate Fondue that is wonderful and with the strawberries we get here it would be marvelous. The recipe actually calls for fresh pineapple chunks, banana pieces and strawberries. I had forgotten I had that recipe until I started thinking about chocolate covered berries. I can add grapes to the mix. Happy cleaning ~ wish you were here to do mine.

JEAN ~ SUSAN ~ GAIL Happy day to all of you lovely Magnolias.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #13  

Good morning all! A bit later than I post but I have been goofing around this morning instead of getting stuff done. I finish posting and then it is on to emptying and refilling dishwasher with breakfast dishes then doing living room rug today. I have washed all the bedding including the bedskirt so that will all be put back on and I have two baskets of clothing to put away one is just towels and washclothes and such. I did laundry yesterday and never got the stuff put away.

I have a new audio book that is really interesting, by the same author as the Lincoln Lawyer and is the 2nd in the series, the Lincoln Lawyer being Mick Haller (I didn't find out til near the end of the book he is the Lincoln Lawyer not because of anything to do with Abraham Lincoln but because he drives a lincoln! ) So much for my lofty thoughts. This one is turning out to be pretty good too.

We have mulled over vacation for next year and I wanted to do Vegas so I worked up Vegas stuff but then I told Jack in the car last night that I thought we should take a cruise next year so I sat here and worked that all out. Jack really has wanted to go on a cruise for several years, but he always accedes to my wishes. I think it is about time I give him a chance. Looks like we are going on the newest Royal Caribbean ship Oasis of the Seas. It has some cool stuff on board that's for sure and is the biggest cruise ship in the world at the moment. I found a 4 star hotel a block from the ports where we can park the car for the whole week, get accomodations the night before the cruise, get breakfast buffet the morning we depart, free shuttle service to the port. We are going to drive to Ft Lauderdale, but drive from here to Valdosta GA and stay the night then drive into Ft Lauderdale on Friday before ship departure on Sat. When we come back, we will just leave straight from the hotel when we pick up the SUV and drive to Valdosta then spend the night and drive back in. I am one of the nutso people who actually really enjoying the planning of the vacation. Jack and I do it together though last night I sat here and kept feeding him info while he watched the basketball tournament games that were on.

Maggie: When are you and Will leaving for Texas? Are you taking the dogs with you and doing the RVing?

I do believe I am stalling! I really need to get a move one. For some reason, Fortune isn't interested in shampooing the carpets for me! Have a great weekend. It is housecleaning and finishing up shampooing for us this weekend. I did notice my tree is budding and has teeny tiny leaves on it. Faye
Old 03-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendy Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Where is everyone this day? Very unusual for me to be first on the thread. It is a 30 degree chilly cloudy day here in the Heartland. My chicken didn't thaw in time to rotisserie it for dinner so we had tacos instead. After the chicken was cooked later I pulled off all the meat had have it for meals later. Part of it will be used for sandwiches with some of the sliced breast meat today and then later one day I will make a chicken pot pie with some of it and the remainder can go into a soup. I love having that rotisserie for it is so quiet and does such a good job. Life is good. The Schwan delivery man came this morning and I have some lovely things to cook from my order that will help me stay OP. I am especially glad to get the little Blueberry Breakfast Bites which are just 2p+ each. They say the serving size is 4 but I can just eat one with a boiled egg and some fruit for a good meal low in points+. It is certainly chilly in here ~ time for the heater to come on. AH ~ there it goes. It rained yesterday just a little bit. Not much at all and we could sure use some. The farmers are having to plow under their winter wheat because of the lack of rain this year. That is sad to see. I went through my "go bag" to make sure I have all the necessaries in it for our little trip. I have this neat contraption from LL Bean that all zips closed and neat and when open it has a hook at the top for hanging and lots of pockets to stash needful stuff. Little bottles of shampoo etc. All those things I need to do while away that I do here for sprucing up and smelling good. I've had it for years and it still works great. I refresh the contents before each use and inventory the contents to make sure I have everything. Like this time I need to purchase a small hair brush to put in it. Everything else is there but a little brush. That can be a purchase for this day when we go out and about.

DONNA FAYE You weren't there when I started typing my post and sneeked in right above me. So here I am again. We plan on boarding the dogs with their vet since they have such a big area for the dogs to romp around in and they will get great care. We will be leaving on the 4th of next month and be back in a couple or three days. Just a quickie to Texas to visit some friends and deliver some holsters Will made for a fellow there. Our "real" vacation will be next fall probably to Idaho and there abouts. Your vacation sounds like you will be having a blast on the bigest cruise ship ever. WOW. Bet you could get lost on that sucker.

ALL MAGNOLIAS Good day to y'all. I hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Time to see about some lunch. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-25-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I'm back!!!! Talk about withdrawal . . . holy buckets and then some! I now have a "clean" machine whatever that means. The guy called yesterday and wanted the disk I got with the computer and I tried to tell him I didn't think I got one. I did find it "buried" under a pile of papers I wanted to sort through "someday." Today he wanted the printer #; thank heavens that is printed right up front where I could see it!

"Gma" -- I hope Jack gets to feeling better soon. I would love to go on a cruise; maybe you could become a trip planner, for others, from home!

Maggie -- We got up to snow this morning. It's melting now but Bob shoveled the deck for the squirrels and birds. A few days away is something to look forward to.

I need to do some back reading and catch up with the rest of your news. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to get back in here. Have a great "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa1
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote