South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Sbd Chat for Tuesday, March 22

Good morning all,
I'm happy to report the drama at work yesterday was only about making nametags and tent cards (something that was taken care of in an hour, and could easily have been done last week had we been a bit more organized). So the day was not so terrible. Felt myself coming down with a strange cold and I started with zinc lozenges, which seem to be keeping it at bay.

Ruth - I was watching The Flintstones with my son last night and all of a sudden had a vision of you as Wilma! Maybe it's your practical no nonesense tone...now whenever I read a post of yours I'm going to see you as Wilma.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh good gracious, look at me getting in so early!

Good morning, MMCK! Glad the drama wasn't tooooo bad yesterday! LOL on Ruth....

I had a temporary lapse in dietary sanity while on vacation (not too bad, really) that really went bad with TOM. Funny, now that TOM is over, I don't have much desire to eat anything bad. Hope I stick with that!!

Going to throw the kids on the bus, then do stationary bike for a bit, then off to work. I am loving this warmer weather!!(although it is leaving for a while, I think )

Hope y'all are doing well!!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Ruth - the Wilma reference was intended as a compliment.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning! I'm popping in really quickly before I get the laundry and head upstairs to do more yard sale organizing. Busy day today with Lukas' four month well-baby visit at the doctor this afternoon. I can't believe he's four months old already!

Matilda, I'm glad the drama wasn't so bad!

Tammy, how was the vacation? Where did you guys go?

OK, I have to get off this computer and get to work.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Matilda, you sure gave me my laugh of the day! Somebody seems to need a life other than planning meetings lol. Geez! Keep that cold at bay!

Me, paperwork, pool, packing. My office here is much more functional so I'm going to speed through some stuff before we pack up and go tomorrow. It seems to be drippy outside but Bing and I will check anyway.

OP, the Spring Challenge is doing me good this year. My goal was logging my food, exercise and weight daily. I seem to get everything planned early and just follow through. Amazing!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, went off to read a little email and it got busy here. Good morning everyone

Mathilda - I'm glad the drama was less than you feared. I'm not a fan of work drama, it just creates stress. Planning seems so much more logical (so says the woman cleaning up from someone else's lack of planning). I love that image of Ruth

Twynn - Hey there, it's nice to see you Was the vacation lots of fun? I know you will hop back on the wagon and take care of the rest. Happy biking

Kara - That was a quick 4 months!

Debbie - I love the challenge too. (thanks Karen for starting it back up) You are motivating me to do some serious cleaning out once I move to 4 day weeks and have a little extra time. Now to hold on to that motivation when garden season attacks

Another day that's been tossed around and rescheduled today. This morning I'm off to the closer VPR studio (nice of them to find one that isn't 3 hours away!) to tape a short interview for a piece they are doing. I had to move my PT appt. so my afternoon will be PT followed by massage. I won't get any work done but I bet I'll feel great after

I will be home for lunch so another day I get to fully plan my meals I am slowly but steadily getting back on track. I want to be back to my goal weight by my goal anniversary so no more messing around.

Happy Tuesday
Old 03-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Matilda, I'm glad yesterday wasn't too stressful and went well at work. I hope you nipped that cold or at least took the edge off it with those zinc lozenges. Ruth as Wilma? Now there's a concept.

I'm gearing up for another busy day at the farm. We're getting ready for a big remodeling project that's starting next week, so we've been clearing out all the rooms involved and getting it all organized elsewhere in the house. It's a good opportunity to sort through and get rid of a lot of things, too. I have 12 lbs of ground beef that I volunteered to make into chili for The Lord's Pantry, too, so I'll get that started first thing and let it simmer all day. The girls have gymnastics after school today, and I'll look forward to that hour to myself to sequester myself in the car with my book.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning from snowy Maine.
It's going to wind down soon though and we've got a chance of sunshine this afternoon. I don't care if the sun comes out or not, I'm just so glad that we've got school this morning! I'm tired of storm days.

I was tired and grumpy last night and made some bad food choices when Fergie was eating his junk food last night. I didn't have enough to do damage, but I didn't need any of it and it left me feeling annoyed with myself. Today's a new day though, so I need to let that go and focus on eating well today.

Matilda, take care of that cold! This seems to be the season for them around here, too.

Tammy, can you send some of that warm weather my way?

Lukas is really 4 months old already? Enjoy the rest of your busy day, Kara.

Debbie, good for you doing so well with the Spring Challenge. I love the way it makes me stop and think about what I'm doing. (Too bad Ferg wasn't eating artificially sweetened junk last night - maybe I would have resisted! LOL)

Enjoy your Tuesday, friends!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Wow, I guess I dilly-dallyed as I typed my post.

Good morning Cyndi, good morning Linda!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #10  

I can't believe how many of you were able to sneak in while I was typing my post!

Good morning, Twynn, Debbie, Kara, Cyndi and Heidi!

I can hardly believe Lukas is 4 months old already, too. Time sure does fly!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Good Morning all

The puppy had me awake at 3.30 am this morning, I tried staying in bed but it didn't work so I was up at 4.15. Today is going to be very long, thankfully I only have one class, so it's nap time when I get home before studying for tomorrow's midterm.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning ladies!
Matilda...no colds!!!!! Let me know how that zinc thing works. I've never tried it.
Twynn...my tom is now and I'm also trying to tame it...so far so good.
Kara, I miss when my babies were little. It goes by so fast! Have fun with month 4!
Debbie..I'm enjoying the spring challenge too....
Cyndi...when's your anniversary?
Thesea, that's fantastic that you make chili and donate! Oh, and what book are you reading?
Heide...from the cape and I HATED yesterdays snow...I'm done! Kuddos to you for starting anew today!!!!
Lak...I hope you get your nap in !!!

I am off to Boston today for a visit with my husband's dr's. Not sure if it'll be good news.... Lots going on with him lately...he was born with a heart defect and it's very rare with a lot of assciated problems and it is degenerative so....blah. We'll see. Anyway...we are going to a Greek rest. in Cambridge before we go (my 1 planned cheat meal per week) and I have no idea what to get. Not craving anything at all....maybe I'll just have a salad. I have not been hungry at all. <3 South Beach! I'll check in later...sorry if I missed anyone...I really do read everyone's posts!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmm! Wilma, eh? I think I'm complimented.

I'm just back from picking up my car in the next town - Athens, pop. 1000. I told you I lived in the boonies. I now have new tires and a new muffler and am feeling a tad broke. My new appliances arrive on Thursday morning and then I'll see what's left of my tax refund - if anything!

Holly came here yesterday and she and Disney spent the afternoon in my upstairs bathroom having a spa day. Disney looks absolutely gorgeous, all fluffy and white. By the end of today she'll be back to her usual scruffy little white dog look.

I'm not sure what's on my plan for the day but do know I need to be on the road a bit to hit three different banks. We are going to be sunny and just a bit above freezing. There's still lots of water around and the garden well is overflowing just to add to the melt.

See y'all later.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I finished my report and Kirk went back to bed so I get to come back and say hi to everyone!

Twynn, yay for recumbent bikes! You were my motivation for finding one and I love it!

Kara, wow! 4 months already! Have fun organizing!

Cyndi, ...gardening season has me daydreaming! Enjoy your massage!

Linda, busy day! Looks like you can count it as exercise!

Heidi, I thought the same thing before you posted, "(Too bad Ferg wasn't eating artificially sweetened junk last night - maybe I would have resisted! LOL)"

LAK1974, enjoy your pre-studying nap today!

Kristen, I hope you and DH have good news at the Dr. today. Yum-greek salad sounds good!

Ruth, cute pic of Disney! I think I need to hit all my banks, too, it's been a month of lots of outs with the $$!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #15  

Ruth, thank's for the picture of Miss Disney. I miss her and it warms my heart to see her.
Closed Thread