Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/197.6/145ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Does everyone in you house eat the same way you do?

Does everyone in your family follow your way of eating, or do they do their own thing? Its funny cause my husband eats low carb, and I am following ww. Most dinners I can just modify what we are having so it works for me and makes him&kids happy too.
sundancemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Yes, for the most part. I'm the one who cooks so I always give them two choices: take it or leave it!

But we're all adults so if someone wants to eat something else, they either cook it themselves or go buy it.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

No. I feel quite alone in my diet tbh. If I were to give what I eat to my fella he asks "is that it?" then fetches a loaf of bread...its so frustrating!
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/197.6/145ish

Height: 5'5"

My husband is like that too.. he lost quite a bit of weight on the Atkins in the past and says that he is happy doing that- then eats bread and carbs. I try to get him join me but, no luck. Im just going to do my thing.
sundancemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #5  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

My husband and mom eat whatever I eat. The twins don't eat with us, they eat at my MILs because by the time we get out of work it's too late. But they sometimes will eat what we do.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #6  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Even when I'm not on a diet, there are times when 2 choices have to be made. Mostly, we all like the same things tho. When I am dieting, I think the entire family eats better. I can't control the snacks tho. Husband will bring whatever he likes into the house despite my protests and my daughter is 23. She tries to eat healthfully, but she is not a big meat eater, so she will sometimes forgo that part of dinner. I try to make options for her and at least 2x per week have beans or eggs or some other protein. Its the reason I could never do pre-packaged meals tho, because there is no way I would cook something for them, and eat a boxed frozen meal. Doing that would make me sad.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

It's just my husband and I, but no. We'll generally eat a similar meal because I'm the one cooking, but I have to cook different "sides" for him. An example would be, we'll have the same meat (but my portion will be smaller), but while I'm having half a plate full of vegetables to go with the meat, he's having half a plate full of carbs (potatoes, rice, whatever). I'm not on a low carb diet, but to be successful I often just choose to have veggies + protein rather than a ton of carbs in a meal. Anyway, he hates vegetables. All of them, except some legumes (the beans). He'd probably lay down and die rather than eat them if he was diagnosed with diabetes. Nothing I can really do about it, other than try to make his carbs as healthy as I can whenever I'm cooking. IE - brown/whole grains instead of white, though he kvetches about that as well; steamed red or purple potatoes with the skins on instead of peeled white potatoes mashed full of butter; not adding salt but using herbs for flavour instead, etc. Anyway, thankfully I don't have any food addiction/carb addiction problems, or his eating habits would be extremely sabotaging (not only what he wants to eat for meals, but the sheer amount of snacks he brings into the home).

If I was to stop cooking for him because I didn't want to cook mounds of unhealthy carbs for him, he would eat a giant bag of chex mix for dinner instead of cooking for himself, or he'd go to Taco Bell. It's how he lived for years before we married.

Last edited by cortandcooper; 08-05-2011 at 05:16 AM.
cortandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

In my household, it's just me and my husband. I guess we actually compromise. He cooks, so I am at his mercy for dinner. 80% of the time, we eat the same thing...I just eat a lot less. He might add a piece of bread, or something, but the main components of the meal are the same. When I changed my WOE, he "protested" for a while, and then came to the conclusion, that it wouldn't hurt him to eat healthier. Luckily, being on WW, we have the freedom to eat any foods we desire, we just have to amend our day accordingly to stay within our points. This way, we still get to have a pizza once a month. I just have 2 slices instead of my former 4, and he still eats his 4. The other 20% of the time, we just fend for ourselves. This way, he can still have some of the foods I just won't eat, and I can have my toast with peanut butter and jam, lol.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #9  

Currently the big difference is the snacks. I have my weight loss conducive snacks. For dinner they eat what I make.
LaughingsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Around here, breakfasts and lunches vary for each indivdual; but dinner is the same for everyone. I tend to eat much smaller amounts, and skip on some of the more high point value sides at dinner. I make a lot of the same foods over and over though. We get in a rut
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

My hubby does all the grocery shopping and a lot of the cooking. he is very supportive and really tries to make something within my points. And before he starts cooking he will always ask how many points i have left so he knows how and what to cook. The kids eat whatever we give them (thankfully they are not too picky being 4 and 5)

He usually just eats more of what we are all having and dishes me out smaller portions.

And when my hubby packs my lunches he always marks on the top the points so I don't have to figure it out at work.
wagfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagfam View Post
My hubby does all the grocery shopping and a lot of the cooking. he is very supportive and really tries to make something within my points. And before he starts cooking he will always ask how many points i have left so he knows how and what to cook. The kids eat whatever we give them (thankfully they are not too picky being 4 and 5)

He usually just eats more of what we are all having and dishes me out smaller portions.

And when my hubby packs my lunches he always marks on the top the points so I don't have to figure it out at work.
OMG, you have a sweet, supportive husband.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I'm used to being the only one in my household, but I moved in with my boyfriend about a month ago. Thankfully, he's pretty willing to eat whatever I dictate when we eat together. I suggest dinner options in advance (right now I am doing the cooking while I'm off work for the summer) and he's usually cool with them. The only time I have to accommodate is when something contains onions.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Wagfam; Huge Kudos to your hubby for being such a support for you That is really refreshing to hear How wonderful!
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote