Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Default How/when do you drink your daily water?

I have a job that will not allow me to leave the room to use the restroom unless it is my lunch hour, or a 10 minute bre4ak. If I drink water, I will have to pee pretty quickly. So should I just chug once I leave work??
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

: ( That would be awful. I drink it all day long; it's just become habitual. I guess you have no other option but to steadily hydrate all night after you leave work, because even if you can hold it in the morning you'll be miserable and probably won't be able to efficiently complete your tasks. Not fair!
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

That sort of sounds inhumane. Does your company tell you no potty breaks or is that just your rule to get your work done? Just wondering....
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Umm that's ******ed and I'd be fighting on that rule, especially since I always have to pee even if I don't drink anything. Maybe have a 1L of water with you and slowly drink it through out the day and by lunch time have it finished. (Usually if you have solid food in your system you won't have to pee as much...or at least that's just me.) Then try drinking another 1L bottle after lunch break to home time and that way you will at least have had 1.5 L in you by then!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #5  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

I have no idea how I would do it. Do you drink anything at all before you work?Maybe replace the same amount of what you drink now with water? Unless it is water. That's a tough question, maybe after work is your best plan.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #6  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by briters89 View Post
I have a job that will not allow me to leave the room to use the restroom unless it is my lunch hour, or a 10 minute bre4ak. If I drink water, I will have to pee pretty quickly. So should I just chug once I leave work??
i totally understand because I am a teacher and on that same schedule. i tend to drink my water slower through the day and really drink in the afternoon and evening when i'm off work.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #7  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I have no advice for your situation on when to drink water other than I'd be fighting for my human right to use the restroom when I need it...jeez.

I think I was a camel in my past life, because I hardly ever feel thirsty. There have literally been days, both before and after weight loss/maintenance, when I have gone to bed at night and thought "wow, I literally did not drink any liquids today." I can be perfectly content without coffee, tea, soda, water, juice, etc.

That said, I have to make a conscious effort to force myself to drink it. I do enjoy two cups of coffee each day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I count coffee (with a splash of counted skim milk and two splendas) as going towards my liquid intake. And before each lunch and each dinner I sit down and force myself to chug a 22oz bottle of Crystal Light. I don't hate it, but I deliberately chug it down before I eat my meal. All in all, I get about 70-80 oz of liquid each day.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

I usually drink a bottle on the way to work, and one on the way back.

Never had a problem with water consumption before, but after trying out Crystal Light I've pretty much decimated the 10 24-packs of Poland Spring I'd had saved up.

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #9  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

Holy crap! That is insane about the bathroom breaks. I would also be having a cow over that. I don't know about you, but for me, I can drink several bottles of water and not have to hit the bathroom for awhile. Other fluids make me have to go all the time though. I agree with maybe getting most of you water intake in after work. That just seems to be the most plausible solution in your circumstance.

@kendrick- I'm the same way about not being thirsty! My boyfriend and I joke about the camel thing all the time lol. I think my record is about 3-4 days. I didn't even realize I hadn't had a drink. I eat a lot of moisture rich foods like veggies and fruits so I'm thinking I get a lot of my water consumption there cause I'm rarely dehydrated.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #10  

everything else aside, is that even legal? I don't think a company can tell you when you can or can not use the bathroom. If worse comes to worse, put it in writing that you have to use the bathroom when you have the need or else you'll get a UTI. Which is pretty true, if you're always holding your bathroom

Next, yeah maybe chug before/on your way to work, and 1/2 hr before your lunch break and when you get off in the meantime . THat suucks! sorry
Merissa2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

There really are no other options. I work with 8 infants, and one co-teacher. Our ratio legally has to be 1 to 4. And there is not enough staff to come in to cover any more time than I am already given. There have been days that I have almost peed myself. Big companies suck. I'm working on my masters degree to be a special ed teacher, so I don't see this really ever changing.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #12  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by briters89 View Post
There really are no other options. I work with 8 infants, and one co-teacher. Our ratio legally has to be 1 to 4. And there is not enough staff to come in to cover any more time than I am already given. There have been days that I have almost peed myself. Big companies suck. I'm working on my masters degree to be a special ed teacher, so I don't see this really ever changing.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm a teacher too and totally get where you're coming from. I'm always jealous that my husband, who is an engineer, gets to answer the call of nature whenever he needs...

but yeah, i used to drink a lot of water and then be in trouble during instructional time, so now i just sip slowly. I do make sure that my 20 oz morning coffee is done at least 30 minutes before my break so that I will pee most of it out during my break, and also with my lunchtime beverages...
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I'm a teacher as well and I always have this problem. When I was student teaching I would purposely not drink water so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom, but I had to give up on that because I get thirsty from talking all the time now that I'm a full teacher and am doing 100% of instruction.

There is nothing, NOTHING worse than having to go to the bathroom and having 30 kids running into your room so you know you can't leave for another 45 minutes. Today, I was en route to the bathroom and saw a bunch of kids doing something dangerous. I had to intervene, find their teacher, talk to the students about consequences (about 7 minutes) and then I literally ran to my classroom without even getting to pee! And I got there late so I had a bunch of kids alone in the classroom (recipe for disaster). People don't realize that, in addition to low pay, thankless work and difficult kids, we also don't get any flexibility in our day. We don't get to pee when we need to or snack when we're hungry.
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have a fairly empty schedule so I drink it whenever throughout the day, and usually make a point to drink at least one liter at work and one liter at home. I drink tons of herbal noncaffeinated tea, at least 4 or 5 mugs daily.

It is a pain though. If I haven't peed at least 6 or 7 times by 4 pm, there's something wrong.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #15  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

that really sucks.
if your like me, and have to go pee every time you drink water, then i would suggest only drinking it before you go to work and once you get home.
I know what it feels like to have to hold it in, and Im pretty sure it aint good for ya body!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote