Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #1  
WSN

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9" (male)

Default Over 100 lbs lost since June - Goal Reached

Hi all, I am down to 185 which is is 5 pounds LESS than my goal (I'm a guy). The first time I weighed myself when I started working on losing this weight was last June and I was 302, however that was about 5 or 6 weeks after I already started working out and eating better so I probably started at over 320. Now I'm down to where I was in college, even less in fact. I posted some updates over the months in the bodybugg/GWF thread in the "general dieting" section. I won't get into it again here but I honestly thank god I bought the GWF. It has been extremely instrumental in helping me lose weight and just keeping me active. I still wear it every day and frankly don't see any reason to ever stop wearing it.

I never felt like I was dieting, I just stopped eating junk and started eating clean. In the beginning I definitely had cravings for things I used to eat but haven't had those in a long time. I still enjoy a lot of things but there are a lot of things I used to eat regularly I have no interest in any more. In fact occasionally I've gone and eaten those things just because I thought I should treat myself and when I ate them I didn't even care for the taste any more. In fact one thing that annoys me these days is when people think I must be starving myself, or am somehow not "enjoying" foods, or stupid things like that. It's not the case at all and frankly most of the people who make those comments eat like crap and are overweight and unhealthy themselves.

The main thing is I worked out regularly and really enjoy working out now. I actually look forward to working out. To people starting out who are thinking they feel nothing like that trust me I was exactly the same for at least several weeks if not months when I started. It turned from being a chore I dragged myself into doing to become what I feel is essentially now a hobby I enjoy engaging in. My workouts consist primarily of lifting weights and cardio interval training, amongst other things. Using my GWF I target a daily step count of at least 12,000 and a calorie burn of over 3000 (usually get around 3400 nowadays, was getting over 4000 with around this same activity level when I weighed much more). A couple tips off the top of my head I can think of for people who are hating working out is 1) find workouts you enjoy 2) find a time of day you enjoy working out and do whatever you can to fit that into your schedule. For me that time of day is in the morning, for days I do pure cardio I often get to the gym at around 5:30am before work. A lot of people actually work out then, I've come to love the feel of the gym at that time too. If you told me a year ago I'd be going to the gym at that time I'd think you were nuts, I couldn't imagine waking up at that time much less being at the gym and working out at that time. On days I lift weights I go a little later in the morning because I like to eat a decent meal and let it digest for a while beforehand. Occasionally when I miss a morning workout, I DO in fact dread going to the gym in the evening and may just end up skipping it. So it has become very important for me to just go in the morning, it also makes me feel awesome all day long.

In terms of lifestyle it has been great. I go out a lot more and girls flirt with me which hasn't happened in ages, I just enjoy things way more. I feel superb. I used to literally avoid looking at myself in mirrors or photos but now I like what I see. I love clothes again now, I used to just wear whatever fit and was comfortable. Now I love dressing up. A lot of people don't recognize me if they haven't seen me in a while, it has led to some funny situations. BTW, I do have a decent amount of loose skin which I'm very likely going to get removed.

I hadn't posted on this board in months until today. What brought me back here was going through an online photo album from around a year ago and seeing old pictures of myself. I actually avoided looking at old photos for a while now. When I saw those pictures today I couldn't believe how fat I was. Its amazing when I think about it because mentally and physically I'm in such a different place. Its like I don't know that person. However I realize that IS me, and I need to remember that and not let myself slip back to it because I know I'm not going to slip back to it overnight, but it could easily happen over time if I go back to my old ways. For people who are struggling with weight loss right now my main advice is to stick through it and go through the hard parts both mentally and physically KNOWING that it will get better. Your body will change and you will begin to enjoy working out and eating right (as long as you don't do crazy things like starve yourself).
WSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #2  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

WSN,
Amen and hooray to you! I am so glad you have found this new life and happiness. You have literally become a miracle. Blessings to you and your new life! Keep up the positive and great work! Oh and if you're not too shy, we would ALL love to see some before and after pics
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSN View Post
Hi all, I am down to 185 which is is 5 pounds LESS than my goal (I'm a guy). The first time I weighed myself when I started working on losing this weight was last June and I was 302, however that was about 5 or 6 weeks after I already started working out and eating better so I probably started at over 320. Now I'm down to where I was in college, even less in fact. I posted some updates over the months in the bodybugg/GWF thread in the "general dieting" section. I won't get into it again here but I honestly thank god I bought the GWF. It has been extremely instrumental in helping me lose weight and just keeping me active. I still wear it every day and frankly don't see any reason to ever stop wearing it.

I never felt like I was dieting, I just stopped eating junk and started eating clean. In the beginning I definitely had cravings for things I used to eat but haven't had those in a long time. I still enjoy a lot of things but there are a lot of things I used to eat regularly I have no interest in any more. In fact occasionally I've gone and eaten those things just because I thought I should treat myself and when I ate them I didn't even care for the taste any more. In fact one thing that annoys me these days is when people think I must be starving myself, or am somehow not "enjoying" foods, or stupid things like that. It's not the case at all and frankly most of the people who make those comments eat like crap and are overweight and unhealthy themselves.

The main thing is I worked out regularly and really enjoy working out now. I actually look forward to working out. To people starting out who are thinking they feel nothing like that trust me I was exactly the same for at least several weeks if not months when I started. It turned from being a chore I dragged myself into doing to become what I feel is essentially now a hobby I enjoy engaging in. My workouts consist primarily of lifting weights and cardio interval training, amongst other things. Using my GWF I target a daily step count of at least 12,000 and a calorie burn of over 3000 (usually get around 3400 nowadays, was getting over 4000 with around this same activity level when I weighed much more). A couple tips off the top of my head I can think of for people who are hating working out is 1) find workouts you enjoy 2) find a time of day you enjoy working out and do whatever you can to fit that into your schedule. For me that time of day is in the morning, for days I do pure cardio I often get to the gym at around 5:30am before work. A lot of people actually work out then, I've come to love the feel of the gym at that time too. If you told me a year ago I'd be going to the gym at that time I'd think you were nuts, I couldn't imagine waking up at that time much less being at the gym and working out at that time. On days I lift weights I go a little later in the morning because I like to eat a decent meal and let it digest for a while beforehand. Occasionally when I miss a morning workout, I DO in fact dread going to the gym in the evening and may just end up skipping it. So it has become very important for me to just go in the morning, it also makes me feel awesome all day long.

In terms of lifestyle it has been great. I go out a lot more and girls flirt with me which hasn't happened in ages, I just enjoy things way more. I feel superb. I used to literally avoid looking at myself in mirrors or photos but now I like what I see. I love clothes again now, I used to just wear whatever fit and was comfortable. Now I love dressing up. A lot of people don't recognize me if they haven't seen me in a while, it has led to some funny situations. BTW, I do have a decent amount of loose skin which I'm very likely going to get removed.

I hadn't posted on this board in months until today. What brought me back here was going through an online photo album from around a year ago and seeing old pictures of myself. I actually avoided looking at old photos for a while now. When I saw those pictures today I couldn't believe how fat I was. Its amazing when I think about it because mentally and physically I'm in such a different place. Its like I don't know that person. However I realize that IS me, and I need to remember that and not let myself slip back to it because I know I'm not going to slip back to it overnight, but it could easily happen over time if I go back to my old ways. For people who are struggling with weight loss right now my main advice is to stick through it and go through the hard parts both mentally and physically KNOWING that it will get better. Your body will change and you will begin to enjoy working out and eating right (as long as you don't do crazy things like starve yourself).

Congratulations on your amazing success! Life will never be the same. I am thankful for your great achievement! --Joy2MeNu
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Congrats, what an accomplishment! That is an amazing change in 9 months. You must feel like a different person.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/237/149

Congratulations on your success in becoming more healthy. Cheers!
TowTruckWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Great story, thanks for telling us...and, congratulations.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Congratulations!!!! Changing your lifestyle is what it's all about!!! Thanks for sharing your success with us!!!! Woot woot!!!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #8  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats! You sound like a man changed for the better in more ways than one. Hope you continue to find satisfaction and success!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

It's stories like these that inspire me! Thanks for posting!!!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #10  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Congrats!! Great story and impressive lifestyle change you can maintain for life
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 315/212/185

Height: 5'5

Congratulations on that great success. Although I am a women I could relate to everything you said. Exercise has become the key for me too. It's seriously is a win-win, the more you can exercise the better you feel and the more you can add to your menu YEAH!!
doinit200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 299.8/299/275

Congratulations on your new lifestyle and reaching your goal!
PhoenixPlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #13  
300+ Chick

Congratulations!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #14  
Noobie xD

S/C/G: 185/185/132

Height: 5'3

wow! congratz!!!
D O L L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #15