Old 03-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Cellulite - does the gelatin really help?

Hi all. Did a little shopping for a smaller size yesterday which was nice. Scared myself though when trying on beach cover-up. My cellulite is horrible. I've heard that the gelatin and one of the drinks is supposed to help if you have one every day. I didn't like the drink and don't always want the gelatin. Do you think it really helps? Did continued weight loss help - like maybe the cellulite is the last to go but it will go? I know it has definitely gotten worse since I hit 50 . Is it hopeless? I'd appreciate any feed back.

Last edited by deelee10; 03-12-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

There are a few different reasons that a person has cellulite. Fat loss will help, but there is also a genetic component and age that may be out of your control Basically your body loses collegen fibers with age...but there is no link between actually consuming collegen (like in the jello or blueberry drink) and having it effect the skin whatsoever. So drink it if you want to and like the taste but realistically know it may have little to no effect. Coincidentally, applying collegen via those magical skin creams do not penetrate the skin either. Seems the best way to treat cellulite is prevention!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Since the beginning of the program I use a loofah every day in my shower. I have noticed a diminution of my cellulite but I don't know if it's due to weight loss or loofah or a combinasion of both!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
There are a few different reasons that a person has cellulite. Fat loss will help, but there is also a genetic component and age that may be out of your control Basically your body loses collegen fibers with age...but there is no link between actually consuming collegen (like in the jello or blueberry drink) and having it effect the skin whatsoever. So drink it if you want to and like the taste but realistically know it may have little to no effect. Coincidentally, applying collegen via those magical skin creams do not penetrate the skin either. Seems the best way to treat cellulite is prevention!
Thanks for the info. That's about what I figured. And thanks Vanessa - I will give the loofah thing a try. It can't hurt.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #5  

I did Ideal Protein for 3 months, lost 30 lbs and 31 inches and I saw at least about a 40% decrease in my cellulite. I did consume the drink and the gelatin several times a week. I don't know if it was simply the diet, or if the gelatin helped as well, but I definitely saw a reduction in cellulite and a tightening of my skin!

Last edited by mignonkm; 05-21-2011 at 10:44 AM.
mignonkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H 214/IP 205/192/130

Height: 5'4"

Having the gelatin can't hurt, I'm having it hoping to help though I haven't done it long enough to know. One hint to make it better - add just 1/4 tsp of almond extract to the gelatin, it really improves the flavor.

There is much conflicting data, but we know that your fibers have broken down allowing for the dimpled look. There is some proof that massage (like the loofa) can help, along with lotion, something rich like cocoa butter, helps hydrate the skin which can reduce the look as your skin become healthier around the cellulite.
coming40andfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote