South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Chat for Thursday, March 10

Hey all,
Boy, has this seemed like an endless week or what? Once again I have felt a weird vibe in the air. AF arrived today, perhaps that will change things. Not much doing today, except another budget meeting. I am just feeling very unmotivated at work, however, I'm looking forward to going out with a coworker tonight for a 'girls evening.'

We're supposed to get torrents of rain today. Stay dry everyone!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Matilda. We're already getting the torrents of rain and it's supposed to last until tomorrow morning. Jake has the day off and is still all snug and cozy in bed. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Matilda and Linda! We got another dump of snow as expected. The plough went grumbling down the road around 3:30 but I did get back to sleep. Right now it's starting to rain, just in time to lug the trash out to the end of the lane. At least the rain knocks down the snow but it could rain for a week to get rid of what we have!

Not sure what's happening today - the calendar is clear but that can change. I am to meet the gang for coffee at the diner and I have a person delivering some quilting fabrics so I'll just play it by ear. Rainy days are always great for quilting and other relaxing and fun stuff.

Whatever you do, enjoy!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Rushing around again this morning. It's raining here but I'm driving up into the snow and ice then back tonight. I'm finally on the schedule to testify and am the only person for "our side" today. The other side has the former head of the division so it will be interesting. I'll be glad to have this piece behind me.

Still sticking with the challenge and staying on plan. I hope the scale notices this weekend but I feel better so I'm happy anyway.

Tomorrow is 90% WFH and I am so looking forward to it and not thinking about next week. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-10-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

First day of spring break here and I'm wide awake at 5:30. I guess that will work in my favor when the time changes this weekend. Hubby was given tickets to KU and KState basketball today. Teen has to ride a bus 3 hours each way to do the live filming of his school playing in a tournament. So I'll have the house to myself for a while.

Natasha - Love Glee! Will watch it while exercising today. Maybe catch up on some old Desperate Housewives too.

Matilda - Fast week for me since it is really the weekend here now. Sorry yours is dragging.

Linda - I've been seeing that on the weather since I keep an eye out to see what might be happening in my son's corner of the world.

Ruth - Enjoy your flexible day.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'm thankful our rain isn't snow, and I hope your rain today helps to do some major melting!

I'll have to save any sewing projects I have for tomorrow since I have to go out in this mess today. It shouldn't be too busy of a day, though, and the girls don't have any after-school activity. We had fun yesterday decorating the diningroom for Audrey's party. Her theme is "under the coral reef", and we used fish netting and seashells, and lots of sea creatures and fish to turn the room a sea world. The girls had a clever idea of blowing up big pink balloons and attaching strips of pink crepe to them to make jellyfish, and we hung them from the ceiling. They look pretty amazing, LOL! Her party isn't until Sunday, but she was eager to start decorating early. I'm giving her my present today since I won't be there for the official birthday. I'm going into the city to watch my GD march in the St. Patrick's Day parade with her Irish dance troop.

ETA -

Cyndi, be very careful driving on those wintry roads, but I know you will. I hope all goes well and it's worth the trip. That's fantastic that you are staying OP, with all your running around. Good for you!

Karen, enjoy your alone time today! I'm envious, as I hardly ever get the house to myself any more. I hope there's no danger of flooding at your son's school today. I think we're pretty safe here, as we're on high ground, but the underpasses and low areas will get it, for sure.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-10-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Wow! I just read your weather reports to Kirk (except Karen in the moderate Midwest). Sounds nasty! Take care in all that rain and snow.

It's breezy here this morning but it's supposed to warm up. I rode my bike for 11 minutes yesterday afternoon(NO CHOICE). It was better than no exercise. I am going to try and ride to the pool if I can dress warm enough.

Gotta run-I have a care package to get in the mail to our friend in Baltimore. His wife asked for something to project stars onto the ceiling. I have something in hand, but it turns off after 45 minutes....sounds like a possible frustration if you can't use your hands but it's better than nothing and I'm sure nurses are in and out all night.

Have a great day everyone! Stay OP, I'm going to .
Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi kids,
I agree, this week has seemed endless...
Nothing going on today except WFH, though, yippee. I am hoping we are a little dry island in the middle of all the rain. I've got 3 fans going in the basement along with the dehumidifier hoping to keep things dry. Right now just gray and drizzly.
Yesterday I had to get blood work and DH decided to come along so we could go out to lunch. We ended up at an Asian buffet (yuck), and he ate massively of clams and scallops, and then spent the next few hours violently ill. I'm convinced he has developed a shellfish allergy, as this is the third or fourth time this has happened in the last few years, but he seems to think that would be admitting a weakness, and insists he has just had bad seafood a few times. Even though nobody else got sick any of those times. LOL, men. Next time he goes to the doctor I'm going to try to convince him to get tested for it.
DD1 is back from New Orleans and had a fabulous time.
Hope everyone has a wonderful safe healthy on-plan day!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone. I've been doing well staying on plan, but I realize that after almost a month I am still afraid to move to phase 2. I like what I've been eating on phase 1. I am eating really light (an egg or 2 for breakfast with a cup of coffee, salad with chicken for lunch, possibly with a side of soup with beans, and a chicken breast w veggies for dinner. 15 cashews and a piece of cheese as a snack, and the occasional 1% milk shake as a dessert if I'm hard up). I've been exercising for an hour on my treadmill 4-5 times per week, and have been losing up to 2 lbs per week (which I know is healthy). I'm afraid if I move to phase 2, the weight loss will slow too much and my cravings will increase. Has anyone else been here?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Nicole, everyone has been there. Moving to Ph2 is scary. But your goal should be a maintainable way of life, and that is what Ph2 is all about. Read the stickies about moving into Ph2 gradually. Your loss may slow or stall for a short time while you are transitioning and figuring out what your best Ph2 combo is, but it will pick back up again, no worries. If you go slowly as advised, cravings should not be a problem.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I survived my observations!!! Today should be prettty calm.

Tonight we are going to see "Annie" at the theater where my son performs. There are no good little boy parts in Annie, so he did not do this particular show. It should be fun to watch.

I am sorry so many of you have crummy weather today. It is supposed to be a nice and warm day for us. They are saying we should get into the 60s.

Have a great day!!

Jasmine
Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Matilda- I am with you this seem like an endless week, I was hoping it was Friday today but no just Thursday and I feel a weird vibe as well.

Natasha- I had to chuckle- I completely forgot to put fever in that sentence. DD2 Fever finally broke.

Bellalucia- Glad you got to stop in, you will have to update us on how it is going in CA.

Schmoodle- my basement is wet- got the dehumidifier going full steam, but atleast it's not a pond down there just some corners have wet puddles.

Everyone else stay safe and dry with your bad weather, we just got massive amounts of rain and today it is cold and windy. Make it a great day.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Cat? I have been wondering how she is doing.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 03-10-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Schmoodle, I am ALWAYS suspicious of shellfish at those Chinese buffets. You couldn't pay me to eat them. In fact when you think about it those buffets are really gross. I tend to get the fresh made mongolian barbeque and non fish sushi.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Anyone ever hear a weezle roar? Day before TOM with no dark chocolate...... check. (Grrrrrr.) TOM Day with no dark chocolate........ so far so good. (Roar.) Actually today is a little better than yesterday was. I was almost ANGRY about chocolate yesterday. I'm ok today. Just hormonal

Busy day at work today. Only one meeting though, so I'll be able to get some work done. I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #15  

Can I join in?? I'm Julie and just restarted the SB for a second time. I think this time I'm more motivated to stay on track then I was last time. I find the hardest challenge for me every day is I"m a stay at home mom and have all the cabinets calling my name every day! :-)

Anyway I"m hoping checking in everyday with other people will help me stay OP this time around. I'm going home to see family in July and would like to be down 20 pounds by the time i go. Which I know can be done.

Today is a rainy day here in NC, so we're hanging inside. Going to work on some laundry, and then my daughter has dance class tonight. I'm going to make a pork roast this afternoon so when we get home from dance i just have to reheat dinner. We normally stop for dinner afterwords but I'm hoping to stop that habit and just make dinner in the afternoon to reheat.
Closed Thread