Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Default ++30s March Chat++

I didn't see a March chat thread started so I went a head and created one. I hope I'm not duplicating someone else's work.

I'm hoping to start March out on the right foot.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Well March is starting off pretty good. Been tracking everyday for the past week. My weigh in was today and I maintained from last week, I was hoping for a pound but my weekend was not the greatest. I'd like to be 145 by April 1st, that is my Weight Watcher's goal but I think I will probably have a few more pounds to lose after that.

Spring is coming and it will be so nice to get outside and exercise! My sis and I are walking a 10K on the 20th this month, I am excited, I have never done a walk before. Hopefully it will be decent out but you never know in this town, could be 70 or 30. We are also upping our pilates to at least two times a week.

What are everyone else's goals for this month??
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  

Jelma - congrats on being so close to your goal. You are almost there

My goal for March was to be at 150 by St. Pat's, which is two weeks away. I was doing really good, but feel off track with a few days of bad choices. Hopefully I can get back on track and get my workouts in to accomplish my goal. It will be a tough weekend since I'm going to my parents. They have a lot of treats and I eat whatever my mom cooks and puts in front of me.

The good news is I'm finally getting a much need hair cut and color. The last time I went was November . I'm excited to freshen up my look. Once I lose the next five lbs I'm gonna buy new pants cause my current ones are too baggy.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #4  

Thanks ja2ma6lee! I am excited/nervous to get there. It is amazing how far away it seemed in the beginning. I have a feeling I may decide to go lower but we will see when I get there. That's super exciting about the haircut/color! I am in dire need of a cut, I am ashamed to admit I can't remember the last time I got mine cut, probably six months ago or something terrible like that. It is getting close to straw at this point Good luck over the weekend and reaching your goal!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies!
I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I'm hoping for a good March, too. Some nice weather would really help, but (sigh) that seems to be too much to ask for.

ja2ma6lee how exciting to get a new cut/color! You'll feel like a million bucks!

Jelma I hear you about lowering your goal. I'm about six lbs away from mine, and I think I might need to drop another five after that. I'm really frustrated that I see the loss on the scale, but I don't see much change in the mirror. It doesn't help that I wore two pairs of pants all the way up to my high point, so they got so stretched I have no idea what size I really am.

I'm just going to keep going one day at a time, and hopefully I'll get there someday!

Have a lovely weekend ladies!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #6  

Welcome Silverstar!

I have to report I really like my hair cut. The color isn't too different, I was hoping for more of a change but I'm happy with it. It was nice being out at my parents. I actually got a work out in there. Also got my laundry done. I did snack quite a bit this weekend but am back on track today. I need to go to the grocery store.

I got a new scale too so I don't have to use the Wii to weigh in. It goes by 0.2. I like that better than my old one which goes by 0.5.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #7  

Morning ladies! Just want to say hello. I've been slacking off reading the message boards this morning, when I really ought to be working. Hope everyone has a great week!

ja2ma6lee Glad to hear you like your new haircut! I really need to get inspired in that department.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #8  

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I overindulged this weekend - too much beer and last night I went to Longhorn's for my bf's bday which is today. For the past couple of weeks I feel like during the week is spent making up for the weekend and I am only able to maintain. Tonight I am making steak and mushroom risotto for my bf, as long as I take it easy on the butter it turns out to be a pretty reasonable meal points wise. My goal this week is lay off the alcohol!

ja2ma6lee - it is always nice to get a fresh new haircut, it make me feel like a brand new woman

Silverstar - The way I have been going it is going to take me forever to reach goal! If you can, you should go out and get at least one new pair of pants, I finally bought a new pair and a couple shirts this weekend after putting it off forever and I know it is going to feel awesome to wear them tomorrow and look great! Most of my work pants look like clown pants now!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #9  

Thanks! Broke through to the 140s this morning! Always fun to get to a new "decade" even though the official weigh in isn't until Friday. So, I was perusing the Feather Weight board, but I feel kind of like a whale posting over there since it seems like everyone is down in the 120s or the 1-teens. I guess I'm just a leadweight!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #10  

I'm the same way with the weekends being a bender and the week days being catch up. I am on the train now headed home (and to the grocery store). I had some grapes and a piece of cheese before I left and I'm starving. Maybe I didn't drink enough water today. I don't want to drink any now since I feel like I need to go to the bathroom. Public transportation can be so inconvenient at times.

My bf is with me on the train I wonder if he'll cook dinner tonight?! I made us a late dinner last night of pancakes and bacon. I also make breakfast this morning of bacon and toast. I think its his turn to get in the kitchen.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #11  

Pancakes sound soooo good, the featured recipe on allrecipes.com today is buttermilk pancakes, I looked at all the pictures this morning

So did he make you dinner? Getting my man in the kitchen is impossible, unless it is a weekend breakfast. He makes an awesome turkey sausage gravy from scratch and delish over easy eggs. In 5 years I think he has made dinner for me twice. Slacker.

Silverstar - congrats on the 140s. I hope to get down there soon too!

Why is the 30s forum and this thread so dead? Come on ladies, stop lurking and start posting! We want to hear from you!

Last edited by Jelma; 03-08-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #12  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Ok I am posting!! Struggling all year with getting back into things and each month try to commit back into things. But now that I have my 8k in a month...that was the kick in the butt I needed. So doing the South Beach diet for the next few weeks to jump start the weight loss..plus been running a few days a week and the scale is moving in the right direction.

Not sure who is Catholic around here but is anyone giving anything up for Lent?
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #13  

Mitza - I'm Catholic. I am not sure I'm giving anything up. I found out today from my boss though we are working 3 nights a week till 9 and eventually Saturdays. Does giving up your social life against your will count?

Jelma - my bf did good. Maybe lemon chicken for dinner. I had the leftovers for lunch today. I also made turkey chili last night in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I can't wait to chow down.

So as I said, I'm putting long hours in at work. I am kind of annoyed and upset about it. With the weather getting nicer I was really hoping for time to enjoy it. If you guys could send good vibes and hope my way that be great. I haven't motivated myself for exercise yet and I know with this new schedule I will never get to it.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #14  

I hope it's ok if I jump in here, I've been lacking motivation (mostly due to horrible weather and life stress) to stay on track with eating well and exercising. But reading your posts is getting me excited again!
bluecrystal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #15  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2ma6lee View Post
Mitza - I'm Catholic. I am not sure I'm giving anything up. I found out today from my boss though we are working 3 nights a week till 9 and eventually Saturdays. Does giving up your social life against your will count?
lol...that should not count for sure!! Sorry you have to work at night now. I work part time, which I love. But I pretty much have a full time job in that time span so it's always nuts when I go to work
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote