South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Too tired to eat..any suggestions?

Hey lovely beach people..(though it sounds like most of you are becomming popcicles outside..)

Ive been sooo tired lately. Ive been battling headaches the past two weeks on and off..Not migranes, but just achyness in my head for the past couple of weeks and im guessing its from my eyes cause i think i need glasses or something(soooo expensive) Anywho..ive been really tired because ive been taking care of my sick baby girl and she has been a lot more needy and of course with the worry and concern ive had and still am there..i have been more exhausted and tired than usual and i havent been eating much ..partly cause i dont want to cook cause i feel too tired and also because i dont want to eat..cause i feel too tired and not hungry..i dont believe in shake drinking as a general rule..so do you have any simple easy simple suggestions for dinners? Or meals to help me eat and get what i need in the day without doing too much work?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #2  
Be happy.

Here are a couple of my quick and easy favorites - things I fix when I get home late and have to get a meal on the table in short time.

Broccoli cheese soup

Refried bean soup

Crack slaw

scrambled eggs or omelet with a green salad

Some easy but filling snacks:

yogurt with fruit and chia seed

hummus and veggies

laughing cow cheese and veggies

Nessa bars (These mix up easy and are well worth the effort! Once they're made they just sit there waiting for you to grab one with a cup of hot tea. )

I remember how exhausting mothering a sick infant can be, but please care for yourself and eat well during this rough time.
Good nutrition = energy
Poor nutrition = fatigue and irritability
Old 03-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

I remember those days too and it certainly was hard to focus on myself and eating properly at normal intervals. I agree with Heidi to keep your fridge stocked with easy, healthy options like boiled eggs, cottage cheese, baby carrots already washed and peeled, hummos and things like that. My main problem is that when I am stressed like that I want a fatty something because it feels comforting. Roasted chick peas work for me to satisfy those kinds of cravings. Take it easy on yourself and remember if you have to be lax for a couple of days just do so and get right back on the bandwagon when you feel more rested and focused.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Maybe some beans and dairy would help??? I hope you get some relief soon.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Could you make a couple casseroles when your husband is home and can take care of the baby? Then you could freeze them, either whole or in individual servings, and just pull them out to defrost.

I've got four kids and my youngest is three months old so I empathize!
Closed Thread