Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Not good.. I cheated.. a little. :(

I am almost 3 weeks in.. Tuesday is my weigh in day.. last week I was down 14 lbs.

I was hungry earlier... and despite eating a pickle spear and some almonds... I wanted my daughter's leftover sub in the fridge. UGH. I took off the top bun and had two smallish bites. I could have eaten the WHOLE thing.. it tasted so good. Now I am praying that little bit of bread doesn't throw me completely off. That is the first time I have cheated.. even a little bit. I have been 100% completely On Plan.

I just had an off day somewhat.. and I am beginning to get low on food... and am debating on buying more.

I would LOVE to go a cheaper route if possible.. I read some things about the Wonderslim I think it was... But I am not sure I am seeing any significant savings when I went to their website. I am thinking it was still close to $299 for a month. I wonder if I could do normal grocery store food. Just tally up the carbs, calories, fiber, protein etc and divide it up into 6 small meals a day. But I think it would be hard to stick with the low low calories of MF and still get all the other beneficial stuff.

This is my second post here today... no one replied to my other one. Guess I might have to find me a new forum to join. Am really needing some support and encouragement here. Thanks.
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

that is the tiniest cheat I've ever seen! Be proud of yourself for staying on plan and not turning that into a binge, 14 pounds in THREE weeks is a HUGEE accomplisment. Way to go!

Think of all the reasons why you're doing this and just KEEP GOING!

I'm not familiar with medifast or other diet plans like that so I'm not too sure what to say in terms of that...in regards to your threads not getting any replies, you're posting in a pretty quiet area of the forum..try weightloss support they tend to get more responses and it's a "busier" area of the forum.

Last edited by summerlove; 03-07-2011 at 02:16 AM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #3  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

Pinkhorse-
You are doing GREAT! Seriously. I think one of the best things about belonging to any forum is that you can log on and read encouraging stories or gain ideas about how to do things differently.

I also (like summerlove) have never been on a plan that involved buying any specialty foods. I couldn't afford it. I have lost all of my weight buying regular, healthy food. However, I'm not shooting down any plan at all. Whatever works for you is the best thing for you.

I wouldn't beat myself up about losing a little bit of control. This is going to be a lifestyle change for you and there are going to be little bumps in the road along the way. The most important thing is to never give up and do just what you're doing. Ask for encouragement and support when you need it. Also, as mentioned above, try the weight loss support forum, there is always a lot of activity there.

Again, you're doing great! Best wishes with your journey.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #4  

Thank you so much summerlove and milmin!! I truly appreciate the encouragement!!!!

I am really really trying!! I want this more than anything... FAT has ruled my life.. stolen it is more like it.. and I am tired of it!! I want my life back!!

So, try the weightloss support area huh? I will do that!! And thank you both so much.. for coming to my rescue tonight!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #5  

You can certainly lose weight by going the grocery store route; many do.

But the beauty of MF is that you don't have to give any thought to your food.

I've been on for a little over two weeks now and love the fact that I go to my MF box (my pantry is filled with teenage boy and husband chow) and choose what I'm going to eat for the day.

Yes, $300 a month is a lot. It's definitely an impact on my household budget but I've decided to make this investment in myself for a change.

I bought the first month just to prove to myself that I could finally lose weight. I'm a very slow loser and only lost 3 pounds the first week but lost 4 the second. So for me, with very little effort, to have lost 7 pounds is exhilarating. I'm so pleased that I've already got my next 5 months worth of food.

And because of that financial investment, I'm not going to cheat myself (or my family) of this chance to focus on myself for a change. I still get to eat dinner with my family every night, and I've even gone to restaurants for dinner a couple times.

I feel good and I know every day I stick with this, I'm closer to my goal.

Hang in there!
Valerie
Valerieincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:22 AM   #6  

Thank you Valerie for your input!! I would love to be able to buy 5 months worth of MF food, but being a single mom, who is currently not working, I just don't see it in my future. I definitely hear you regarding the convenience of it all. I LOVE not having to think about it.. I just eat.

Now, I just need lots of help devising a plan that will work for me. I NEED to have that fast weight loss... or I get discouraged. Hoping someone will be able to give me some tips. And lots of encouragement and support!

I am sure I will definitely be seeing you around the boards.

Jennifer
Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #7  

I was lucky enough to find an Ebay auction that I won with two months' worth of food. When I communicated with the seller, she had an additional three months' that she gave me for a dollar a meal so I made the investment. Because it's so much money, I'm feeling extra committed.

You can lose weight quickly by drastically reducing all carbohydrates; I lost 38 pounds in 3 months as a single mom, while still cooking for my two boys.

My breakfast was a couple scrambled eggs, lunch was some lunchmeat and string cheese with a little mayo and mustard, or a green salad with ranch and hard boiled eggs. Dinner was a protein and lots of veggies or salad. I snacked on string cheese, a small handful of nuts or a little whole-milk ricotta mixed with Splenda and cinnamon.

The key to a low carb diet is eating enough protein at each meal so you're not hungry. You don't have to freak out about fats on a LC diet either, having ranch on a salad and butter on veggies is completely acceptable. Fat doesn't make you fat. Fat in the presence of carbs is another story.

Good luck!
Valerie
Valerieincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #8  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/

this is lynne's blog she's on 3fc too. i think following her journey may help you make the adjustment from medifast to regular healthy food. she has many recipes and it just sounds like you can relate. she's also a single parent.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You had one cheat- even Medifast knows we won't always be perfect- it's okay to make a mistake now and then, just keep going!

That being said I started MF partly (mostly) because I cut down on a lot of meal preparation- if I got off it'd be a lot for me to take on again right now.

Look around online people sell MF cheap on Craigslist and ebay - I just sold 10 boxes of shakes that I just knew I'd never drink again for $100 That's a savings of $55!

Oh and I do the VIP to get the discounts and say you have extra food so you really could push your order back another week, I've done that and it helps from having too much extra food
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #10  

Thanks Valerie! I think I have pretty much decided I am not going to buy any more of the Medifast.. at least not right now. I might get some more later. I so appreciate your input on the low carb thing.. I have been thinking about that.

Katy Trail, thank you so much for that link!! I am going to look into that! I also have to get my own blog moving. I might be of help to someone else out there who is going to try to mimic the MF diet.