Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'7

Default Breakfast protein shakes for women

Can someone tell me a good brand of protein shake powder I can use for my breakfast shakes, and tell me how that has worked for you (this part you don't have to answer, the brand is good enough, but I'm just curious)?! Thank you so much!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I've been using allmax isoflex whey protein powder. It mixes fairly well stirred but mixes best shaken. I use the peanut butter chocolate one and I really like it, but it is heavy on the PB flavor so I dont recommend that particular flavor unless you really like peanut butter. the available flavors are Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Orange, Chocolate Mint and Peanut Butter Chocolate
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I use Unicity Lean Complete. I mix it with skim milk and I love the taste. It keeps me full till lunch so that works for me. I only like the Vanilla. The Chocolate was not good.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #4  
2 chins down, 1 to go

S/C/G: 387/228/175

Height: 5'6

My favorites are Jay Robb (vanilla or strawberry), Muscle Gauge Nutrition (cinnamon roll or cake batter) and Nutiva Hemp protein (unflavored) - in that order.

I love my protein smoothies - I just have to be careful about measuring out the ingredients because it's easy to go overboard. I usually do 1/2 chocolate almond milk (25 cal), powdered greens (40 cal), 1 scoop JR vanilla powder (110 cal) and 1 teaspoon coconut oil (120 cal) plus some ice and it's a healthy, quick, filling breakfast on work days where I don't feel like eating and it's an awesome post-work out shake. I've continually lost weight while incorporating them into my diet so I'd say go for it.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #5  
~Kim~

I use designer whey. I use it in a fruit smoothie almost every day. Chocolate with strawberries, taste great mixed in like that, decent mixed with water. I picked it because one scoop is only 100 calories, 2g of fat, and 18g of protein. I buy from The Vitamin Shoppe and it's usually 27 dollars, but half the time it's on sale or I have a coupon. It lasts more then a month so I think it's worth it. They have vanilla and I think strawberry too.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #6  

I use Nature's Plus, Energy Shake, The Original High Protein, 1.7 lbs. (I order mine from iherb). It is all natural. NO sugar. LOW CARB (2 g). It tastes great without adding anything to it, but you can add whatever you want...fruit, almond butter, splenda, etc. You can mix it (I use a blender) in water, milk, or juice. Only 70 calories per scoop/serving. A VERY HEALTHY PRODUCT. I would not use anything else. I have lost weight using this. Love it. Go to iherb and check out the ingredients for yourself. Some health food stores carry this, but I have found iherb to be best pricing.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'7

Ohh! Thank you so much ladies!! I'll review and pick the yummiest! One more thing. Can we drink them after a work out or is it something that's supposed to be before one? Thnx!!
Closed Thread