South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Default Newbie here...

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new to this site and LOVE what I am seeing here! I started phase 1 of SB 2.28.11. I am pleased with it so far (I am down 9lbs) and don't seem to be having much trouble sticking to it....I haven't cheated at all! I also quit smoking on 2.14 and I knew I needed to do something so that I didn't gain a ton of weight! I have a couple questions for all you experts out there, a few about the forum and a few about the SB way of living.

First, how do I join the SB forum? I want to be added to the list of monthly weight loss goals. Second, how do I get that little weight tracker in my signature area?

As far as the SB way of living....how long has everyone been doing it and are you happy with your results, how you feel, etc.

Thanks and look forward to chatting with ya'll.

Jessica
candle lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jessica and welcome to the forum! You don't have to do anything more to join. If you want to be added to any of the stickies that are locked, just ask one of the mods and they can do it for you.

Way to go on quitting smoking and congrats on your big loss so far! Keep up the great work!

I found out about South Beach about four years ago and I've been following this way of eating on and off since then. Sometimes I get distracted and go off track but I've found my way back and it always makes me feel better to be on the wagon.

To get a ticker you have to have a certain number of posts and have been a member for a certain number of days. I forget how many.

Join in the daily thread for general chit chat and fun!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-04-2011 at 01:18 PM.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Kudos on your success so far!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jess!

I LOVE South Beach. I gained a good chunk of weight after college and South Beach has helped me get it back off. Well, still working on the last part. I got down to goal weight and then gained a bunch back again but I'm on my way back down!

I feel INCREDIBLE when I live the South Beach lifestyle. And congrats on quitting smoking! I quit October 29, 2008 after smoking for 12 years and it's one of the best things I ever did.

Welcome aboard! Don't ever hesitate to ask questions, and post in the daily threads so everyone can get to know you!

Lisa
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Lisa, that's Connor's birthday and it was Lukas' due date!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

WHOA. Today is full of very strange coincidences. I think I may need to buy a lottery ticket.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #7  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Hi Jessica and nice to meet you. Congrats on your weight loss which is an huge amount in just four days! Also good job stopping smoking!

I have been practicing the SB way of eating for almost five months now and have lost 45 pounds, improved my lab results, have increased my walking from a maximum of ten minutes per day to an average of 45 minutes and feel a whole lot better.

Hope to see you post a lot so we can all get to know you.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Jessica! I'm glad you decided to join us and look forward to getting to know you. All you have to do here is just jump in and post in our Daily Chat or anywhere else you feel comfortable. I think there's still time to post your monthly goal in the March thread, too.

To get a ticker, you have to be here 20 days and have 20 posts, but the time will pass by quickly.

I started eating the South Beach way in January of 2004, and have never looked back. I can't even imagine wanting to go that white pasta, flour, sugar and high fat way again. Of course there are some little cheats along the way, but I get right back on-plan again. It's really amazing, the difference you feel almost immediately, following this healthy eating plan.

Good luck, and we hope to see you here often!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the site, Jessica!!! Congratulations on your weight loss so far and congratulations on quitting smoking as well!!! As some of the other ladies said, South Beach is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me. My first few months I dropped 45 pounds, but it's been much slower since. Doesn't matter, though, as long as I keep it off. I'm down 93 pounds after almost 11 months and, for the first time since middle school, am able to wear an XL!!!

Please jump right in and make yourself at home. The daily thread is a great way to keep yourself motivated and on plan as well as being a good way to get to know those of us who are regulars here.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Jessica!

I noticed on the daily that you know Lisa....amazing coincidence. This is a great forum!

Best Wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome as everyone else said. For me, posting on the "on plan" thread keeps me accountable and it really helps to start the day with a plan of what you are eating.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #12  
Be happy.

It's great to have you here.

I've been living the south beach lifestyle since October 2009. I was tired of being tired all the time. I feel so much better now and plan to continue this lifestyle for the rest of my life.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Welcome! I'm new to SB too!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote