Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #1  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Default So excited about the food I have planned for the day!

Most days, I plan out my meals the night before to check calories, protein, etc, and I'm genuinely excited about the foods I'm eating today

Breakfast: French Toast with cinnamon cream cheese and hot blueberries (made with sprouted cinnamon raisin bread, reddiegg sub, lots of cinnamon)

Snack: Giant piece of faux pizza (Spaghetti squash "crust," marinara, tons of red onion, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, fresh jalapenos, mozzarella, and parm)

Lunch: Louisiana style red beans with chicken andouille sausage (beans simmered with onions, green pepper, diced carrots, and diced tomatoes)

Snack: Fruited chicken salad with spinach and 2 Ak Mak crackers (made with a yogurt/mayo mix, apples, grapes, green onion, and a touch of curry powder)

Dinner: Fresh steamed snow crab, roasted cauliflower with curry powder, and a small orange

Dessert: "Tapioca" pudding (no tapioca, just made with chia seeds)

All of my serving sizes are substantial, and my totals for the day are:
Cals: 1510
Protein: 124g
Fat: 43.1g
Carbs: 191g
Fiber: 59.1g !!! (beans, spinach, cauliflower, chia, oh my!)

Anyone else have food planned for the day that they're excited about?

and, on a slight tangent, why does the food on weight loss shows always look soooooo boring? I eat like this most of the time (although this is a higher calorie day for me - usually breakfast is faster to prepare and my snacks are simpler, a piece of fruit or carrots with eggplant hummus)... why is it always a grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli or steamed fish with green beans???
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Can I come for lunch ? I am not far away.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Sounds delish!

And... gosh... I'm so guilty of eating boring foods.

I'm in a rut and here for inspiration.. which you've graciously and generously provided...

Thanks, spixiet!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm drooling all over myself reading those! Sounds absolutely fabulous.

I made a "S.O.S. nothing left in the house" concoction for lunch today that wound up being both delicious and surprisingly filling, clocking in at about 300 calories so it pairs nicely with snacks/sides. I was so pleased that I may bring it to the next potluck event I go to.

It's super simple - slice an apple into little pieces, cut up some cheddar cheese (sharper is better), and dump some Borlotti beans from a can into a bowl/Tupperware. Top with curry powder. No cooking, oil, or dressing/sauce needed. The crunch of the apple, the salty sharpness of the cheese and the fiber in the beans make it surprisingly time consuming and satisfying to eat.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #5  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

im going to buy a plane ticket, that breakfast sounds so yummy!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #6  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

ummmm...so i'm currently in walnut creek visiting...staying at a hotel and in need of real food and not take out. can i come eat dinner with you????

all kidding aside, all sounds really yummy where do you get recipes/inspiration from?

Last edited by fillupthesky; 03-03-2011 at 05:27 PM.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote