Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Worldly Chicks go "Marching" With Gusto - And Igor

Good morning ladies, I realized it's a new month and since Shad was busy packing, I set up the new thread. I haven't had enough coffee to get creative with a title, so forgive that one. February had some bumps and rolls, here's to full steam ahead for all of us. In a good way, of course
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING MISS HAPPY & THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS THREAD. GOOD THING I JUST CHECKED TO SEE IF YOU DID!! I HAD MY THINKING CAP ON BUT COULDN'T COME UP WITH ANYTHING. I LOVE IGOR!! AND A WHOLE MONTH WITH HIM IS WHAT I NEED...ROFLMAO!!

THIS MONTH I AM GOING TO STOP & SMELL THE ROSES!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-01-2011 at 08:04 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

Ok, now to bump this thread on top of the other one.

Hope this is a good month for all of us. Heaven knows there were some trying times last month.

Spring is officially here. The early blooming trees have popped. White and pink little flowers all over. The 70 degree temps have taken a dive though. It was so cold out there this morning even the cat refused to get out and went back to her snuggly blanket. It's not stopping the birds from singing though. I love their spring songs.

My washer is leaking - good thing the extended warranty is still active. But since the repairman is coming tomorrow, I spent yesterday just picking up and tidying things up. Got a bunch of liquid fabric softener bottles I have to take to work or give away. I have one of those high efficiency / low water washers - the kind without an agitator. It doesn't use much water and while it gets the clothes wonderfully clean, I find that I can't use any strong smelling detergents or softeners because the smell is just horridly strong. I hope they never stop making Downy Lavender Vanilla. I guess there will be alot of people benefitting from some "extra freebies" showing up in the coffee area.

I always hate when we start a new thread because I can't remember what people talked about so it's hard to respond. I just remember some Oscar conversations.

Shad - have a good flight. I hope the weather is nice and there is no unitended rumblings while you are there.

Hope your breathing comes easier today Michelle.

Is it shopping day for Mel yet?

Gotta run now, will be back later to chat with the rest of the chicks.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #4  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I BROUGHT THIS OVER FROM FEB'S THREAD:

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
NOTHING TO REPORT HERE. SPENT A QUIET DAY WITH JEN ON AND OFF. SORTING OUT HER GOVT AGENCY PROBS. WHAT A PAIN AS USUAL.
HAVING SOME REAL PROBS WITH THE SCIATICA. BETWEEN WEATHER AND STRESS........NUFF SAID.
"BORROWED" SOME CODEINE AND FEEL BETTER TODAY BUT LAST NIGHT WAS A BIOTCH.
WINDY BUT SUNNY AND IT'S NICE TO SEE THE LIGHT!!
HAD A GENTLE CHAT WITH JOHN AND HE'S GOING TO GET HIS ACT TOGETHER. NOT HOLDING MY BREATH THOUGH.
THAT'S ALL THE NEWS. SLOW TIMES HERE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY....WE HAD THE THUNDER AND FIERCE RAIN & WINDS HERE TOO. YOU CAN STOP SENDING YOUR WEATHER UP HERE ANYTHIME YOU WANT
I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK YOU IF YOU WERE STILL ON THE HOUSE HIGH!! LOL IT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM HOUSE COPME TO LIFE. WOW...YOU BOTH CERTAINLY HIT THE JACKPOT WITH THIS ONE!! ALL THE BEST OF LUCK AND STILL KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED I CAN RENT THE LITTLE HOUSE!! THURSDAY IS TRADER JOE'S DAY...WANNA COME?? I USED TO LOVE THE LAVENDAR VANILLA! NOW I JUST USE "DRYER SMELL"....ROFLMAO
ADDED*** I WAS DOWNSTAIRS AND WITH THE GRASS ACTUALLY SHOWING NOW EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME IT LOOKS LIKE SPRING!! SO I TOLD THEM ABOUT YOURS AND CEEJAYS BUDDING TREES PLANTS AND SONG BIRDS!!

ANNIE....YUM ON THE ITALIAN ROAST. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD HOPE DAD IS OK....IT'S A TOUGH TIME FOR ALL

ELLEN.....FLYLADY IS HOW I BEGAN ALL THIS SORTING I'VE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS NOW IT'S ALL HER FAULT!! GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH WITH THE EXERCISE. ONE GOAL AT A TIME LEADS TO ONE MILESTONE THANKS FOR THE DH'S LINK. I'LL CHECK IT OUT LATER. MUST BE GREAT FUN!

CEEJAY...HOW IS THE LONG STRETCH OF WORK DAYS GOING? ARE YOU HANGING IN THERE?? IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE THE SUN NOW

MICHELLE...YOU POOR THING YOU. I KNOW THE FEELING OF WORKIONGWITH NO STRENGTH AND WONDERING HOE TO GET THRU THE DAY. THINKING OF YOU HOPE TODAY WILL BE BETTER. MAYBE IF YOU KEEP RUNNING THE NEBULIZER...THEY'LL SEND YOU HOME

LAURA.....GLAD TO HEAR YOUR FRIEND IS GETTING OUT. FIRST TIMES FOR EVERYTHINGTHEY DID TOGETHER ARE GING TO BE HARD. SHE'S LUCKY TO HAVE FRIENDS LIKE YOU AND BF TO GO WITH AND GET BACK OUT AGAIN. GLAD THE MUSIC WAS GOOD. DID YOU GET THE NAP & MOVIE IN?? THE GOOD THING ABOUT LIVING HERE FOR ME IS THEY MAKE ME FEEL YOUNG!

SHAD....IF I CAN THINK OF A CATCHY TITLE....I'LL GO AND BEGIN THE MARCH THREAD. OOPS! HAPPY ALREADY DID THAT! LOL SAFE TRAVELS AND HOPE THE WEATHR IS GLORIOUS OVER THERE. WILL BE PERFECT FOR A WEDDING

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-01-2011 at 08:57 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Mel - the "man cave" would certainly work for you. All one level. There is a regular door and an overhead "garage" type door so you can wheel right in. We just have to figure out how to put in a loo. You are right across the driveway from the fire ring, so we can gather at night to look at the stars, have a fireside chat and stay warm.

And yes, I am still on the house high Just figuring out how I can get up there often this year. I only have 11 vacation days left and it's a 2 day trip each way as it's a 14 hour drive from here IF we don't hit weather or traffic.

I hope you find something to relieve that sciatica. That is the most awful pain! I don't think anything besides drugs helps for that. Maybe Igor will massage away your pain. Igor --- snap to it!!!!!!!

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-01-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Thanks for starting up the new thread.

I brought this over from the old thread:

Good morning ladies -

My lungs were doing a little better this morning...but just closed down for some reason, and I can't nebulize for another 2 hours. Yesterday, DH and I went to the pharmacy, and then I got home, ate, showered, changed into jammies and went to bed. I slept really well throughout the night.

Lots to get done today...I've got 4 reports to review/finalize, and I have to find documentation relating to decison making and project execution/leadership to justify my request for a promotion. I feel like saying...just promote me because you know how awesome I am.

DANG IT!!!! I left my meds at home!! I always eat breakfast after I get here, so I bring my a baggie of pills and vitamins with me to take after I eat. I must've left them on the kitchen table! Must relax now....getting stressed out about missing my meds will only serve to further constrict my airways.

Awww, I've got the best boss ever! He just came by (probably because he heard me coughing up a lung or two). He asked how I was doing...and when I couldn't catch my breath to speak an answer...he asked if I should even be here. I said I'd be okay...but I mentioned that I forgot my meds at home. So he suggested that leave in an hour or two once I finish up what I need to here and work from home in the afternoon.

Shad - We're having a hot day today too...temps are supposed to get up to 40! Sorry that the A/C in your building is set to freeze. Sorry that your nose is predicting autumn soon...but if that means spring is nearly here, I'm glad for that. How did your Japlish conversation go?

Laura - Congrats on winning the "most correct guesses" award. Sounds like you had a great long weekend. Did you get to the movies last night? Or just relax?

Mel - I'm glad there's not too much drama or excitement in the building. You deserve a break. I hope you were able to sort out Jen's gov't agency problems. You're having sciatica pain...that's awful. I'm glad the codeine is helping ease the pain a little.

Well, I've got lots to get done before I head home...so I'd better get to it.

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - I'm so glad that Spring has arrived there and the flowers are blooming and the birds are singing. I have to hope that it will get here eventually. Bummer about the washer, but I'm glad it's still under warranty.

Shad - Wishing you safe travels and lovely weather. And as I said on facebook, I hope the only rock and roll comes from the band and not from Mother Nature.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!

Work went well last night...not too many calls, but I had enough busy work to make the time pass. This is the 2nd month in a row that we have not made our goal...What a bummer...no commisions.

Good thing I had one sale that I'll get a bigger commision on that was not dependant on making goal...Whoo Hoo!

Will try to post personals later...DD3 is getting a little grabby and I have to keep her away from the computer. Just finishing off mt washmore, DH had it caught up last night with only one load to fold, and all of my clothes to put away...I should have one load to wash today and we are caught up...it is a never ending cycle...need to wash a load everyday otherwise it gets out of control.

Happy~too bad we don't live closer...I go thru detergents so fast would not mind taking those off your hands.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Work has not been bad at all, 5/7, so it's almost over. My boss is giving me some free way too about not going down stairs every hour. Little do they know I'm doing that any way.

Happy
Is your house up north a vacation home? And for later a home to retire to. Don't the birds sound good in the morning and I'm so happy that there is mor daylight hours. I'm still going home in the dark but I come to work in the early morning light. Got to see the sunrise this morning. Speaking of birds I saw five robins in the fron t yard this morning.
My new washer is one that uses a sensor to fill. I've been trying to find one of those fabric softener balls.

Michelle
I know the feeling of leaving your med's and vitamins at home. I left mine home this morning also. I'll take all but the thyroid med when I get home.
Glad you are feeling better.

Ellen
those commission come in handy.

Can't do much except work. I've been smelling something like rotting wood and tried to find it last night. I cleaned under the kitchen sink, but didn't find any water. Filled the sink with water to see if there was a leak but there wasn't. If I can't find it I'll have the land lord take a look.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Tuesday Morning to Youse!!

Indiana is suffering from flooding, but nothing like Shad had. Many homes and cars under water, thank the good Lord I am not in a flood zone. We did have 3 tornados touch down Sunday nite only one did damage in small town about 50 miles NE of me. We are also in line for more of this crappy weather this weekend, right now they are saying mucho rain maybe turning into a snow mess...I am so over this stinkin' weather....

Mellie...hope your talk with John helps and the back gets much better...Happy forgot about my Berto, he too can assist in the month of March..

Happy....still excited about the house...the house sounds like a dreamland, even tho in a cold climate, it sounds like a great place for our commune...please advise DH you will have permanent house guests...lol

Ellen...congrats on your personal commission at least you can look forward to that. Do they set the entire goal for commission at a fair level to reach? My XDH used to get commission but it always got set unrealistically high, therefore not getting his commission.

Chelle..at least your boss is sympathetic to your health situation and offering up working from home. You are truly awesome and should get the raise and promotion you are asking for, dang it, tell him to ask me!! Keep healing and getting much better, do as you are told, my sista.

Shad...may your flights be peaceful and safe...have a blast at the wedding.

Howdie Ceejay...cannot remember from the last thread what you had going on..just that you were working..hope it is going smoothly.

Nothing much else going on...will post the Italian Roast Beef recipe later..can't remember who asked about...maybe Happy?? but I am too lazy to go back and read the other thread and find out....

Hello to anyone I may have missed...

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Ceejay...you sneaker inner..do you have a dishwasher...maybe the line from that leaks...or sometimes the line to an automatic ice maker in the fridge gets a little clogged and starts smelling gross. Also check really good in the fridge, maybe something has gone bad in there. Have a good day sista.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

or Ceejay...if you have a garbage disposal...run it with some lemon, lime or orange slices or peel with a few ice cubes in it...smells better and the ice is a natural sharpener for the blades in the disposal...just sayin'
Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #13  

Morning all. Yes, still morning here, if I can post within the next 10 min.!!

Mel – Sorry your sciatica is acting up!! Hope it calms down – more codeine if needed!!

Michelle – So I hope you’re on your way home to take your meds (or are already home). Your boss is very wise to make sure his most excellent employee is given the time and flexibility you need to get back on your feet!! Bf & I did get to the movies - we saw Rabbit Hole, for which Nicole Kidman was nominated for an Oscar. It was a very good movie, but rather sad. We saw a preview for a movie called Source Code and it looks interesting.

Happy – Thanks for starting the new thread!! Too bad about the leaking washer, but yay for the warranty!! So nice to hear someone has a bit of spring. I was going to tell bf he’s probably right about the remaining blizzard snow piles – they might be here ‘til May in spite of somewhat milder weather lately.

Ceejay – Okay, let’s hear some more about springy things in your neck of the woods. :flow3: Loving the daylight – and daylight savings time begins on 3/13 – woohoo!!! Glad you’re midway through your 7-day run and that it’s going okay for you. Hope you find what’s smelling/causing the smell. That would drive me nuts.

Ellen – Good you at least have a commission coming to you. We received our annual bonus Friday & it was more than last year’s, which was ZERO!! I’m glad it’s back, even though I won’t see any value to half of it for at least a year because half was paid in the form of company stock that vests gradually over the next two years – and that’s only if I don’t leave the company for greener pastures.

Annie – Ah, the Italian roast is beef! Yum. Sorry you’re getting the crappy weather. We’re getting weird mixes of rain/snow lately and it leaves the pavement slippery/slushy. Ugh.

Shad – If I don’t get the chance tomorrow, have a safe flight and a fun time in NZ!!

I overslept this morning, so it was a very good thing doggy started barking about something 40 minutes after my alarm was supposed to go off! I’d forgotten to set it last night and I think I would have kept on sleeping otherwise!

Tonight I’m going to see “Unknown” with the movie group.

What else to report? Yesterday was payday. Today begins March. Highlights for the next few weeks: My physical exam is this Thursday afternoon (have to upload my BP readings from the monitor to the computer so I can print them out and bring them to the dr). Monday starts my fitness passport exercise classes. Next Friday is the day I’m going to the garden show, so I’m taking a half-day of vacation. Daylight savings time begins on 3/13 and I think the 21st is the first day of spring!

My elbow still hurts and it's very different now than it was before, when it was on the elbow and the pain was in the forearm muscle. Now the pain is pretty much contained in the elbow and slightly above. Strange.

Oops, got interrrupted and it's not morning anymore!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good afternoon ladies -

Well, they kicked my germy lungs out of the office. I'm working from home this afternoon, and since I don't have meetings tomorrow or Friday, my boss said to work from home those days as well. I have meetings on Thursday, so I'll go into the office that day. It's nice to be able to work from home. The doggies like having me home with them. And I don't have to walk nearly as far to go to the restroom or get a glass of water. And my co-workers don't have to listen to me coughing all day.

Ellen - Bummer that you didn't make your sales goal and you don't get the commission, but at least you get your big commission.

Ceejay - Glad to hear your 7 day stretch of work is nearly over. Most days I get to work before 6, so it's still dark out...but I get out of work by 3:30, so it's light when I get home. I took my meds as soon as I got home, so I was just a few hours late. I hope you find the cause of the smell.

Annie - I haven't been watching the news much, so I didn't know about the flooding in Indiana. My heart goes out to those affected. Stay high and dry my dear sista. You're getting tornados already? Isn't it a bit early? We usually don't get tornados until May/June. I'm so over our crappy weather too. We're supposed to get a rain/snow mix this weekend. I hope the weather on Saturday isn't too bad. We're going to Chicago to get together with a friend (assuming I'm feeling better).

Laura - You are way too kind about your comment of me being the most excellent employee. Glad you liked the movie last night. A movie coming called Source Code? The programmer in me wonders what on earth that could be about. Or maybe it's "Source Code" in a totally different context than what a programmer refers to as source code. Good on ya' for getting your bonus. As for the stock vesting...yep, I'm in the same boat with stock options I was given a year or two ago. Are you thinking about leaving the company for greener pastures? Are there any greener pastures in Chicago...not too many green pastures up here (except the literal kind that are under a bunch of snow). Good for Coal for waking you up today, even though you'd rather sleep in. Let me know how "Unknown" is. I just saw "Taken" on cable tv, and it was good. I thought Liam Neeson did an excellent job in "Taken", and "Unknown" is supposed to be even better. I hope your physical goes well on Thursday. And I really hope the elbow pain eases up. Have you tried icing it?

Time to nebulize again...and goodness do I NEED it!

I'll either check in later or tomorrow.

Love y'all,
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Wonderful thing this earth we live on. Apparently there was an earthquake in Wellington last night. Not big 4.something, but enough to wake the natives. I'm hoping for some really good weather for the weekend.
Last day at work for the week for me. For some reason, I am feeling fairly stressed about something. Have no idea what it might be, don't think it is work, maybe it is getting my dysfunctional family together for this wedding. We usually behave, but there are a couple of wildcards in the mix this time so I hope it all works out.

Workwise, a few of the training team are having problems with their individual teams in that no knowledge is leaking out for them to write doco on. It's a frustrating situation. I don't have the problem YET! but I have to try to get my team to agree to put together 'share info meetings' after I get back so we are not chasing our tails around. I told them that if they want me to give them doco for their testing teams, then they have to share the knowledge - otherwise I will just write something that has nothing to do with the system they are putting together.

Michelle - glad to hear that the boss has sent you home to recover even if he does expect you to work. That's good because at least you will be able to stay in a constant temperature. I often think we get colds and flu's because of the air con versus the outdoor temp. Like yesterday, it was less than 20C in the office and nearly 35C outside (<70F and 100F) Doesn't do the body much good.

Laura - Glad you liked the film 'Rabbit Hole'. I've never gone much for Nicole as an actress. But I have to admit, she seems to be getting less wooden as she gets older. Maybe it is the kids - or lack of Botox or something.

Happy - enjoy the feeling the house has given you and work on the high. This should give you the impetus to get on with cleaning and clearing and patching up to get the other one on the market. Doesn't seem that long ago that you were happy to have found that house and got out of the condo you were renting. That's not highly grammatical

Mel - so March is the month for moving and groovin' huh? Happy forgot Sven and Berto to pamper us all. Ahh well, it won't be long and we will be moving all over again.

Ceejay - nearly the end of the work week. Are you going to the family for the weekend?
If the smell is in the kitchen, check the back of the fridge. My old one used to have a water tray which caught the overload if the ice in the freezer melted for one reason or another, that smelt awful. Also check the wallboards behind the kitchen taps and lower down behind the sink. There may be a leak in the wall cavity. Other places I find is the rubbish bin set in the cupboard, sometimes something slips down behind it and it goes off Or the dishcloth or whatever you use to wipe up spills and drips. They can put out a powerful odour - especially if they haven't been rinsed properly after wiping up chicken or fish boards or plates.

Ellen - my place is the same. Mt Clover grows by the minute and there is only 2 of us in the house. Where does it all come from.

Weather is bad everywhere it seems. ChCh and Wellington are getting earthquakes. There's bush fires in Perth. Last night we had a thunderstorm that shook the entire neighbourhood. Annies into the tornados. Mel has storms, Ruth has more snow, Laura and Michelle are into sleet rain and cold. Only Happy and Ceejay are talking about Spring. And I better go talk about open cut coal mines, and metal refining extraction and a hundred other big words to do with the extraction of minerals from the earth.
Cya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote