Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Wink What are you mourning?

What do you find yourself mourning now that you have lost weight?

For me....

1) I miss my favorite ring. It was the ring I purchased to replace a wedding ring after I got divorced. I was throwing change into a toll booth basket and it went flying off. I called their lost and found. I'm positive someone found it and I hope they are enjoying it as much as I did. Jerks!

2) I miss my favorite pair of black cargo pants. They fit perfectly when I bought them and being a pear shape, that is hard to come by! Aside from my black and floreusent pink parachute pants I had in the 80's, these were the best pants I ever owned. :-) They were purchased from Lane Bryant -- lowest size available. No replacing them now.

Last edited by ShanIAm; 02-27-2011 at 07:08 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

1) buy a new one you like even better
2) buy new ones that fit even better. Trust me with a little shopping there are a million stores with pants that fit better than LB, the day I didn't have to shop there anymore I cried tears of joy.

I don't miss a thing, because everything has been replaced my something better.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I lost my home and car in hurricane Katrina but I am getting over it.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLess View Post
I lost my home and car in hurricane Katrina but I am getting over it.
I'm very sorry to hear about that, JessLess, and it was not my intention to trivialize terrible losses such as a home and car.....or those that lost loved one's in that terrible tragedy.

The losses I was referring to were related to weight loss one's only. My intention was to keep this post light hearted.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Awe ShanIAm. I'm sorry about the rings. I remember losing a ring in Jr. High my grandmother gave me from when she was a girl. It slipped off my finger during class change, landed on my foot, and I felt myself kick it. My teacher sent another girl and I out for an entire class period to find it, but it was gone. I have the same suspicion you do and I hope whoever found it enjoyed it. I don't think it was worth all that much except to me.

The only thing I can say I miss are my wider feet. I complain about that a lot around here. When I got fat my feet widened to almost medium and I could buy shoes at normal stores. Now I'm back to freakishly narrow feet that don't even fit narrow shoes. But, for my trouble, I also no longer have plantar fasciitis.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Eliana, I hope my feet shrink! I've had freakishly wide feet for as long as I can remember. I got them measured and apparently I am supposed to be in a 6, but extra wide length. I ordered a pair of pumps in an 8 recently and the width is perfect but my heels slip out the back...I'm going to have to stuff tissue in the toes or something. I hope one day I'll be able to wear heels out of the box without worrying about them being too narrow!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #7  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I never noticed my feet changing sizes. I have smallish feet for my height (5'7 and 7-7.5), but they've always been on the wide side. Now I wish I'd paid more attention if the width changed at all, lol.

Hmm, what do I mourn...

Oh, big boobies. I used to have a nice rack of full C's. Now I have B's (and just barely, lol). I went from grapefruits to lemons. But on the plus side, my lemons are significantly perkier than my grapefruits...Ahem...and I'm done talking about my breasticles.

I also genuinely mourn my old carefree eating...just not the consequences. I miss eating whatever the heck I wanted and not giving a second thought to calories, carbs, portion sizes, etc. But, I know I can't eat that way and maintain the lifestyle I prefer, so I'm happy to mourn it a little bit.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

My engagement ring is quite loose now
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/186.3/not sure yet

Height: 5' 5.5"

Interesting question! I am used to celebrating with food, showing love with food, feeling better after a bad day with food, and entertaining with food. Of course, I can still do those things with healthy food, and I have great new ways to do all of those w/o food. But, I often think of food first still!
hope4balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #10  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

i wish my favorite pair of skinny jeans would shrink with me, but i definitely don't miss them!! haha
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I miss all of my clothes! I usually wear my jeans and tops pretty tight (not SUPER SKIN TIGHT, but fitted). Most of my jeans are still fitted enough that they don't look frumpy, but I know in 20 pounds or so they're going to be way too big and I'm going to have to give them a proper funeral (aka sell them on craigslist or take them to a clothing exchange store to get smaller ones ).

I love my clothes, but I'll love the smaller sized clothes a lot more!

Last edited by Linsy; 02-27-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

I mourn eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Now it seems the only thing I do is obsess over weight, calories, exercise, and what is for dinner.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I am still mourning the loss of my dad in October. He was so proud of me then for starting on the journey. I usually try to us him as inspiration - which today makes me feel even worse for going off my diet with a chocolate binge. I owe it to him to stick with it and stay motivated and on-plan. I made it through him 20 days in the hospital and all the arrangements without goingoff my pan once. Now I am mourning how I went off my plan today... doesn't seem right. I feel very ashamed.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I miss my clothes for sure. I'm too broke to buy clothes that I really love in between sizes so I'm stuck with things that work in the short-term but that I don't love.

I miss being carefree about my food, knowing I could just grab something, no matter the situation.

But I wouldn't take back my 40lb loss for clothes I liked better and a more carefree food attitude.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
I

Oh, big boobies. I used to have a nice rack of full C's. Now I have B's (and just barely, lol). I went from grapefruits to lemons. But on the plus side, my lemons are significantly perkier than my grapefruits...Ahem...and I'm done talking about my breasticles.
I have the same problem, mine really shrunk and that makes me pretty sad. haha.

And my rings got way too big as well. I guess I went from a size 7 to a size 5.5 and I just had my wedding set sent out today to be resized because they kept falling off. My husband had to cut open our couch the other week to get my ring out that fell down the back. lol. And now the pretty ring he got me in Afghanistan for our anniversary is too big as well so hopefully somewhere will resize that for me too!
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote