Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Default I love weight loss!

Honestly, I do. I admit, I slipped up last year at 169 and gained 10 pounds (see ticker) But I'm back on track..

Anyways. I love weight loss! I love choosing different exercises to do, I love posting on forums about it, I love planning my meals and keeping a food diary. I love grocery shopping for healthy food! I love seeing a new low on the scale I love forcing myself to go to the gym on days where my bed seems wayyyy more comfy than usual. I love sweating it all out.

I think I really like doing self improvement projects on myself or something lol, I feel like a beautiful house that needs a few renovations
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

LOL! It's good you have the enthusiasm for it! Now that I'm on this end of things, I love weight loss too. But it sure wasn't all candies and roses at my high weight! LOL! I wanted it off with a snap of the fingers. But now, yeah I love everything about my new life.

I have fallen in love with Gym.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Happily, I know how you feel! After numerous stops and starts over the years, this is the first time I am TRULY dedicated to getting this weight off. On weekends, I still struggle getting out of bed to go to the gym but once I am there, I struggle to leave! LOL During the week after work it's a lot easier to get there. And I have made the decision NOT to date until I get to my goal. I want my nights free to work out during the week. And when I'm not working out (2 days off a week), I like relaxing at home. The weekend nights I spend with friends. I made this decision based on past mistakes. I was close to my goal once and when I met a guy, my exercise went right out the window. I gained all my weight back and then some.

I have never been in this place mentally and... I LOVE IT!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Happily, I know how you feel! After numerous stops and starts over the years, this is the first time I am TRULY dedicated to getting this weight off. On weekends, I still struggle getting out of bed to go to the gym but once I am there, I struggle to leave! LOL During the week after work it's a lot easier to get there. And I have made the decision NOT to date until I get to my goal. I want my nights free to work out during the week. And when I'm not working out (2 days off a week), I like relaxing at home. The weekend nights I spend with friends. I made this decision based on past mistakes. I was close to my goal once and when I met a guy, my exercise went right out the window. I gained all my weight back and then some.

I have never been in this place mentally and... I LOVE IT!
Not to try to get you to date or anything, but...

Can you find a balance? Once you're at goal, you have to keep it up anyway. Otherwise you'll be a yo-yo for the rest of your life.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Not to try to get you to date or anything, but...

Can you find a balance? Once you're at goal, you have to keep it up anyway. Otherwise you'll be a yo-yo for the rest of your life.
LOL. One day soon I am sure I'll be able to find that balance but I am afraid I am going to meet someone who is going to throw a wrench into things by making me feel "guilty" for going to the gym. And I'll either cave and not go -- and be resentful about it or I will still go to the gym but be resentful that he's making me choose. Because my self esteem was so low, I'd lose my identity in almost every relationship I was in. Although my self esteem is improving I'm still afraid that I'm going to backslide. I love men. I love being in a relationship. But right now, I love me more.

(sorry for the tread jack! :-))
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Try to meet someone at the gym!
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I feel like a beautiful house that needs a few renovations
I love this!! So true! And yes, I totally agree. I feel like this time, something has really clicked, and I'm really enjoying the PROCESS, rather than just focussing on the results, which before have always seemed so far away...!

X
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote