Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default Has ANYONE had success with Power 90????

I would love to hear something about the power 90 workout videos (be it good or bad). I want to order them SO bad, but am afraid of it being a scam!!!! (I know that anything that sounds too good to be true usually is...but...I want something that works!)
I am the world's worst at sticking to a diet. I HAVE to exercise to lose any significant weight, and I am having a hard time finding anything suited for me. I like the WATP tapes, but I need a little more. I tried the FIRM tapes, but they are hard on my knees.
(Can you tell I'm a television infomercial addict???? haha) The Pilates videos don't seem to have any cardiovascular in them?
Anyway, now you know why I'm skeptical about spending more money on workout videos. I can't go to a gym, and really need to exercise at home. PULEASE, PULEASE, PUUUULLEEEAAASSSEEE pass your advice on to me! I will appreciate ANY you can give me!

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey there!!!

I have tried the power 90 videos and they do work.... they are a good workout and nothing scammy about them.... you use weights or bands on one video and increase the weight as you go.... you use this video every other day and then you have a video that is cardio that you also do every other day....

They are good tapes you just have to actually use them..... I dont understand why they dont work sitting in the drawer

Also - when you purchase them they will try to push some pills that they are selling I would avoid those.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:41 PM   #3  

Hey Angel,
Thank you SO much for the advice. I actually ordered the system about a week ago (they haven't arrived yet) I did not purchase the pills, but I did get a set of resistance bands off of ebay.
I was kind of surprised more people hadn't tried this system on here!
Now if I can take MINE out of the box when they get here....and actually USE them....lol.
Thanks again. I appreciate the input.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Luck on them!!!!
Old 04-27-2003, 12:37 AM   #5  

Default P90 Success? Yes!

Hi there.

I bought the Power90 program, but did not buy the supplements. I followed Weight Watcher points program, instead of doing the suggested diet (many of the foods they suggest you eat to 'carve your physique' were not things I'd eat!) I was lucky, had a great, motivated partner who was ready to do this every day with me.

We finished the first 90 days without missing a single day, either of us. I lost a total of 22 lbs, which I was disappointed with at first, until I realized that I had achieved something more valuable ... I had a WAIST for the first time in YEARS! I lost a total of 23" (7 of those inches were from my waist!) I had muscle tone and two cans out of a six pack on my abs!

Having been overweight for most of my life, and never in very good shape, I can't tell you had exciting this was, not to mention how it makes you feel like you should be a spokesperson for the program! I had more energy than ever before in my life and I was proud of what I achieved. This program also helps you with your posture because you find yourself throwing back your shoulders and standing proud.

Now, how have I done with maintaining these wonderful results?

After completing the first 90 days I suffered a work-related injury and wasn't allowed to exercise for almost a year. Gradually, the weight snuck back on. However, I still have the waist, and I know the muscles I built up are there, simply buried under this layer of fat.

I am getting ready to begin the program again and because I know it works, it will provide me with additional motivation I am sure I will need, because I know I will have some pain in the beginning due to muscles that haven't been worked for almost a year now.

I wish you much success, and can offer you this advice: Do the measurements and take the pictures, even if, no, ESPECIALLY if, you don't want to! They will truly motivate you and keep you going during the times you want to quit. Best of luck!

Sharon
Old 04-27-2003, 01:39 AM   #6  

Default Thanks a bunch!

Hi Sharon,
Just wanted to thank you for the input. I have (reluctantly) taken the front, side, and back pics...(groan) and am still waiting for the dang tapes to get here! I hope I have the success you did. I know in my head that ANY kind of steady exercise will benefit...it's just those darn infomercials! lol
Thanks again and luck with the fresh start!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:33 PM   #7  

Hello,
Let me know how the tapes work for you. I too have "the firm" tapes & they are so hard on my knees... I also have Leslie Sansone tapes & Tae-Bo. I guess I"m always looking for that "wonder tape"...

Let me know how they work for you!
Old 04-29-2003, 02:47 PM   #8  

Hi Patty,
I still have not received my tapes. (Guess I should have used express mail!) I know what you mean by the 'wonder tapes". I always think "If I only had THOSE tapes, I will be thin..." (I'm such a sucker!) I'll keep ya posted.
Kristin
Old 04-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #9  

Hi Kristin,

We'll I didn't want to admit it, but I also have been know to buy the latest exercise eqpt. I have bought items, & tell myself If i don't use it in the next two weeks i'm taking it back. Unfortunately you really can't return tapes.

Let me know how it goes... Looking at the info, I keep thinking that is the one for me.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #10  

You and me both, Patty...
Instead on my name being "Coachs_wife" I should have used "Infomercial Queen". I'll keep you posted.
Kristin
Old 05-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #11  

Have you received the tapes yet? How are they?
Old 05-14-2003, 02:15 PM   #12  

Hi Patty,
Funny...I received my tapes day before yesterday. I just did open them up this morning and I was viewing them before I actually tried them. They don't look too bad, except they do alot of lunges which is hard on my knees. The good part is that they are SHORT. I LIKE that I only have to do this for 30 minutes a day. I will let you know after I actually begin though. I guess I will try and start them tomorrow. (groan) haha
Take care,
Kristin
Old 05-19-2003, 07:17 PM   #13  

Me again,
Just thought I"d update ya. I started the Power 90 program this morning, and it was really okay! 30 minutes is nothing compared to most other workout tapes that are so much longer! And it wasn't too hard either. They do several push-ups which I couldn't finish....and the lunges were much easier than on the Firm because you do them so slowly, and you don't do but a few reps at a time. Anyway, I didn't think I had gotten much of a workout (what...only 30 minutes???? lol) but now it is 12 hours later, and I'm feeling a bit sore!
I'll try and keep you posted...after all, this is only day 1. (ugh)
Kristin
Old 05-20-2003, 08:58 AM   #14  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation Glad I found this thread

CoachsWife--I was glad to read your "review" of the Power 90 workout.

Did you do the fast? (I've read there is a 2 day fast suggested). I don't know if I could do it. I get lightheaded if I don't eat breakfast!

I'll be looking forward to further reports from you.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I have just ordered the DVDs myself and was wondering what people thought.

Last edited by Zanne; 05-20-2003 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:24 PM   #15  

Hey Zanne,
Just wanted to touch base and let you know what I'm doing. I did not do the fast, nor did I purchase the supplements. I really researched those two things and found that I, personally, did not need that right now. I, too, need to eat in order not to feel weak, plus I have talked to tons of people who are doing fine without the fast or the supplements. I take a multivitamin everyday (regular over-the-counter Centrum) because I don't always get the reccommended veggies and fruits I need a day. There's a good article someone posted on the site about how we overuse vitamins and supplements these days. I have talked to 2 women who have both lost over 100lbs with power 90 and neither of them purchased the supplements or did the fast.
I'm on day 2...and I'm SORE! lol Didn't think 30 minutes of exercise could affect so many different parts of my body! lol I'll try and keep you posted....my main concern is being able to stick with it...wish me luck!
Anyway, hope this helps!
Closed Thread