Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Thursday, 24 February 2011
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #2  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Good morning friends! I just wanted to thank everyone who answered my numbers question yesterday. Your wonderful thoughts and advice really put things in perspective for me. Instead of feeling uncomfortable when asked, I am going to smile and say I have lost more than I ever dreamed possible.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I dont tell everyone willbe, I am to ashamed for them to calculate how much I must have weighed and how I let myself get like that. So I try to be positive and say oh, a little bit, then they ask me what did I do, I say I joined a gym and started to eat more healthy, thats about it.

They always say, way to go, I need to do that too, then they feel guilty and start thinking that they should change things too in their life, so then I am off the topic of interest lol.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #4  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good morning!
well my scales not moving but the inches are going!! I feel thinner! yeah!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Here is to another wonderful IP day. Keep up the good work and carry it into the weekend. GIT R DUN!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #6  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone. Have a terrific OP weekend. We need a change in the weather in Alberta and for more than one day. Saturday is supposed to be nice and then back into the deep freeze....brrrrrr!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Can't believe it is Friday already!!! Colder then cold here -32 C, that is without the windchill!

Yay to all the NSV and weight losses this week. Everyone is doing a great job of keeping on track or getting back on track. Even though i don't post much, I am reading everyday. Lots of good advise and encouragement from everyone. Thank you.

First week WI on phase 2 was a loss of 3 pounds. I have lowered my goal weight in anticipation of the gain back of 3-5 lbs when I move into the other phases. On to week 2!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All~ Happy Friday! Cheers to all the NSV and SV happening today and throughout the weekend! Wishing everyone great success today!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

So happy it's Friday!!! Missed WI this morning going to try and go tomorrow morning....I don't think I lost and pounds but I notice the inches i have lost since most of my work clothes are not fitting. So the question is do I buy new clothes or not?

I hope everyone had a great day and I look forward to reading all of the NSVs and SVs........

Happy Friday!! Have a great weekend
Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Well yesterday was the 4 week mark and i am down 12.5lbs and 12 inches.
i am soooo excited now for summer for 2 reasons, 1. i hope not to feel as self consious in shorts! and its freezing here again! need some heat badly..
have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #11  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Morning, ya'll! Had a couple pieces of thin-cut fried bass last night, and while I wish I didn't, I'm not going to stress about it. I know it didn't throw me out of ketosis, but it made me feel so sick from the grease.

So, today I'm going with the vanilla pudding/coffee drink that I adore, tomato soup that I spice up to suit my cajun palate, asparagus, kale chips, a blueberry-pom drink, and I'm thinking a small, delicious steak for dinner with grilled peppers, green onions, zucchini, and tomatoes. Mmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
I appologize in advance to the men on this site - but I have something to ask the more experienced IP ladies on here - ready - okay - has anyone experienced significant breast tenderness/soreness on this diet? This is not a symtom that is normal to me - and my hunch is that it is related to the soy in the food - but just a guess.... sorry again boys! lol.
OMG YES! And my hormones...well, I can go from one extreme to the next. I swear, it's as bad as being pregnant. And PMS. Awful. And I absolutely know I'm not pregnant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
I totally agree with your opinion! Not directed at Newbies because there are so many questions at the beginning.....but I feel that after time, it's so easy to rationalize why we can eat something not on protocol. But, we basically are just sabotaging ourselves. Then we wait a week for our body to get back on protocol and start losing again. Wastes time and money. I know.....easier said than done. I'm learning this lesson now.
Well said. I just finished learning it. I hope it got through my thick skull, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Okay Tweety I need to know where in Alberta are you from? Super curious! I am from the Edmonton area. I want to talk more but the clo****pam is making me foggt anf much more susseptible to saying things I shouldn't so good night all see you an the flip side! I am going to kick some IP *** this weekend and have my best weigh in ever next Tuesday! BOYA! like -5lbs OH YA! You all ROCK, we can be bullies now and kick some fatass ***...our own! lol
OMG whatever you took last night, you are freaking hilarious!!! Especially fatass ***! And yes. Best weigh in EVER this week! Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
If you think they have the nerve to ask for numbers, have the nerve to brag a little and smile
Great advice! I don't mind telling people how much I've lost, but won't share what I still have to go. I really like the advice to say "Yeah. Lookin' good, right?" LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
First week WI on phase 2 was a loss of 3 pounds. I have lowered my goal weight in anticipation of the gain back of 3-5 lbs when I move into the other phases. On to week 2!!!
Fantastic! What an awesome loss, enjoy week 2 of phase 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdixie View Post
So the question is do I buy new clothes or not?
When you need new clothes, buy new clothes. I feel so much better about myself when I'm not wearing something too big! Plus, it keeps me on track.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default New purple water bottle!

Funny how little things can make such a big difference. I found a purple insulated mug that holds 34 oz. at the hardware store, it is even shaped right to fit into the cup holder of my prius. I'm planning on my right arm becoming buff from lifting it throughout the day. One big bulging muscle!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default To buy or not to buy

I am all for getting clothes that fit. Clothes that are too big are sloppy and you need to feel great! I am getting my clothes at the consignment store. I know this size will only be temporary so after I grow out of them I either give them to someone else, or give them to the goodwill.
I'm not buying new until I get to 150 then I'm heading to Dallas and going on a shopping spree.
I'm going to start a fund. Each pound lost must be worth something. HOW MUCH?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Can't believe it is Friday already!!! Colder then cold here -32 C, that is without the windchill!

Yay to all the NSV and weight losses this week. Everyone is doing a great job of keeping on track or getting back on track. Even though i don't post much, I am reading everyday. Lots of good advise and encouragement from everyone. Thank you.

Have a great day everyone.
Whoo hoo!! Good for you!
It is -32 with windchill here today! I am going for WI # 7 this evening..wish me luck!!

Last edited by Hollmark; 02-25-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Whoo hoo!! Good for you!
It is -32 with windchill here today! I am going for WI # 7 this evening..wish me luck!!
Thank you!! I ordered 6 more boxes of IP stuff! I set a $ limit on products I would buy and I am there now, so I better stick to the protocol and "git r dun" (as Juiceman would say) because I am not spending any more money on IP products. I am going to try the caramel bar - yummy - can't wait!!

Good luck on your weigh in!!!
Closed Thread