Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 24 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning I'm back...I was away..flew back in on tuesday night at 12:40..got to bed at 1:40..got up for weigh ins.. and I was up 3 lbs...
but they checked my water and it was way up..I bloat on planes and travel..
so 100% back on program...I am ready to finish this...

My hair has started thinning but I just read the thread for hair loss..so I will put that into play today and go get a few things...

My son started and his first week he is down 9 lbs..I was soooo proud of him..

its time..I am going to finish my weight loss and start my leveling off journey...
so look out world here I come...

Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. -42 here in Saskatoon YUCK! I am hoping my car will start this morning - did not plug it in as I was not forecasting such freezing cold temperatures. In any case, hoping for a good day today - going to the spa for a pedicure this afternoon and looking very forward to it. It has been a long time since I treated myself to anything like that, and after having met my 1st goal I earned it.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Posted this morning on yesterday's thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning to all ( group hug)..

wow lots of great posts to read! Yes this is a mental and emotional revealing diet!! I wonder if the Men on this board go thru the emotional changes? ( weepy/grumpy/irritable/ like a light switch going on and off?)

I thought the scale would move today but it's stuck on 220- ( big C here ) That's gotta be it- and another morning migraine-what is going on with my head? Just took 2 advil. I'll check in again tonight..
I can only speak for myself but there have been many emotional ups and downs for me. Never really any crying or that type of emotion which I am not really that way in when not on this protocol. I have had emotional ups and downs with being angry and frustrated. I have never wanted to quit but just frustrated that I "have" let myself go and have resorted to this protocol to get it going again. Most days I feel great and look at the challenge ahead and say I can do it.

We all can do it! One day at a time to the end of our goal. Do it for our families and our overall health and food education!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

WI 7 today and I tell the clinic addios! Feel great even though we are having thunderstorms right now and possibility of snow/ice later. Wow you have to love living in Kansas. One of the only places you can experience all 4 seasons in one day and we use a log chain as a wind sock. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day and a 100% protocol day! Let's do this!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #6  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

you have a great mental attitude Juiceman11- yeah I get very frustarted at myself too for the same reason but have to let that go and think of what my body shape will be if I stick with it! So many I started posting with last year have hit goal already... oh well .. I will be there too eventually............have a great day!!
what does 'Juiceman' stand for? ( If you already answered this- sorry)
Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone
I posted a pretty big post late light night and then realized it was so late, no one would probably even see it LOL Oh well, it felt good to write!
Does anyone who lives in a warmer climate have room for me to come live until this stupid Canadian winter is over? I seriously don't think I can handle any more snow yet here it comes
Getting excited/nervous about my first weigh in tomorrow, need to make sure I make today an extra great day.
Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day as well!

Hugs,
Stacy

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 02-24-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #8  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Default Scales

I noticed some were looking at purchasing different scales. The website Yugster had a deal today for a scale that measures body weight, fat and hydration, seems to be a reasonable price (around $22 on sale from 40). I have not looked into the scale itself, since my coach has a pretty nifty one.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Top of the morning to you all! Today is day 8 for me - and my first weigh in is tomorrow morning :P I have to admit - the past few days have been fantastic! I am really enjoying the way I feel - the fog has lifted and with it came a general sense of happiness. Sunday the family and I leave for a week long vacation - I am planning my meals and am not concerned at all with staying on track. I have read all the "traveling" posts and am thankful for everyone's insite. Honestly - the one thing I am worried about is the fact that I can't bring my trusty liter water bottle on the plane lol. That thing has been by my side none stop for 8 days.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #10  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone! Have been waking up around 4 a.m. -this morning with a nasty headache - too many things on my mind I guess. We are getting ready to move into a new school next week and the packing, sorting, recycling ...the packing, sorting, recycling and oh yes the '*****ing' has begun. It will be great when we get finished with the 'big' move. Some of my staff have been in the same room for 25 + years and have accumulated enough 'treasures' to outfit several classrooms. The new school is a 'green' school and they can't take all the clutter with them. It has been hard for some of them! ...goes back to an old saying..."if you want to wish something bad to someone...wish them a move!" Instead of just a family move a school move seems to be that in spades!
We were supposed to move in at the beginning of September but Alberta winters and construction woes have held the opening date back. I have been responsible for ordering all the furniture etc and my biggest worry is that I have forgotten some major items. At the same time it is soooo exciting to move into a new school, with all new furniture, lots of windows and a design that I had input into....headaches and all! The kids are beyond excited and it is thrilling to feel and share their enthusiasm.
But I digress....hope you all have a terrific IP kinda day! Enjoy your journey and here is an inspiring quote that I saw on facebook this morning..."If you want something to be thankful for....check your pulse" Puts it all into perspective don't you think?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
you have a great mental attitude Juiceman11- yeah I get very frustarted at myself too for the same reason but have to let that go and think of what my body shape will be if I stick with it! So many I started posting with last year have hit goal already... oh well .. I will be there too eventually............have a great day!!
what does 'Juiceman' stand for? ( If you already answered this- sorry)
I used to be very fit and muscular and slowly just let it go. I love the improvements I see already and are driving me to obtain more after I am done with the protocol. Focus on your changes you see now and not so much the whole picture as that can be overwhelming. My father in law went from 374 down to 240's and he started in June. You will get there. Just follow the program and you will see the great results.

Juiceman11 - really does not stand for anything. In HS I had the nickname Juice by a few people who thought I was taking steriods...LOL. Nope never did. I have used Juice in many screen names. Put man at the end of it to set myself apart since I figured mostly women would be on this site. 11 is for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone
I posted a pretty big post late light night and then realized it was so late, no one would probably even see it LOL Oh well, it felt good to write!
Does anyone who lives in a warmer climate have room for me to come live until this stupid Canadian winter is over? I seriously don't think I can handle any more snow yet here it comes
Getting excited/nervous about my first weigh in tomorrow, need to make sure I make today an extra great day.

Hugs,
Stacy
your first WI will be great. I hear ya on the warmer weather although we do not get anything like you do. Today I woke up at 5 am to thunderstorms which are supposed to turn to freezing rain, sleet and snow later. Super.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I noticed some were looking at purchasing different scales. The website Yugster had a deal today for a scale that measures body weight, fat and hydration, seems to be a reasonable price (around $22 on sale from 40). I have not looked into the scale itself, since my coach has a pretty nifty one.
Those scales that tell you body fat% and hydration% I feel are very inaccurate. It will give you a number but I know my clinics is nowhere near right. I lost 6 lbs but said my body fat went up 3%. Not possible. Just some thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
Top of the morning to you all! Today is day 8 for me - and my first weigh in is tomorrow morning :P I have to admit - the past few days have been fantastic! I am really enjoying the way I feel - the fog has lifted and with it came a general sense of happiness. Sunday the family and I leave for a week long vacation - I am planning my meals and am not concerned at all with staying on track. I have read all the "traveling" posts and am thankful for everyone's insite. Honestly - the one thing I am worried about is the fact that I can't bring my trusty liter water bottle on the plane lol. That thing has been by my side none stop for 8 days.

You will do great. Take a smaller water bottle with you. Sounds like you have a good plan and are thinking about it. Great Job!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #12  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
I always take my water bottle with me on the plane. Take it through security empty, then fill it at a water fountain on the other side. Have a great vacation. I traveled 2 weeks into my program and it really wasn't too hard. Always easy to order grilled meat and a pile of lettuce. Take lots of WF salad dressing packets!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 139.1/132.4/119

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Morning everyone

Hugs,
Stacy
Could they find room for two do you think? Another 40-50 cms of snow coming our way this weekend. Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #14  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

W7 last night and down only 0.4 lbs. But..... 2.5 inches gone from my waste! So not a disapointment at all!

Starting IP Bootcamp Today! I've been having a bar every night for my snack, so I'm cutting that out. I didn't buy any restricted items this week so there will be no temptation. The first two week (my biggest losses) I was eating alot of Chicken stirfries and fish, so back to that.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do for my IP Bootcamp?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #15  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Morning everyone

Hugs,
Stacy
Stacy,
You can come bunk with me in Texas (60's/70's) as long as you teach me photography! I am hobbiest with no time to take classes but love when I get those perfect shots!!! My two kiddos give me the perfect practice though I have always wanted to do weddings and baby portraits! Maybe one day that door will open! Just let me know when to get your room ready!! LOL
Jen
Closed Thread