Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default What To Do, What...To...Do

Hoston, we have a problem. lol I had an awesome week last week. Went from 205 to 201! Stayed at 201 for like 3-4 days and then started gaining. So, I'm at 203 this morning. Sigh.

If this was you, would you add more exercise, cut a little more calories, or just wait?

I'm still at 1650 calories which has seemed to work for me. I lowered my workouts to 30 mins because it seemed 60-70 mins was making my weight loss really super slow.

I realize it hasn't been more than a week since I've lost, but I really wanted to get out of the 200s this month!!!!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #2  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

wait, or maybe do 30 minutes extra excercise on one or two days if you want to try to get out this week.

is it possible that you've eaten a little more sodium than usual? you're probably just retaining water.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #3  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

Cut out calories if you feel you don't need them, but it might be better to just wait. It might just be water fluctuating.

Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm in your boat right now. Keep bouncing between 203 and 204 lbs, which for my height, is the line between "overweight" and "obese" on the old BMI. I have found myself thinking crazy thoughts and wondering what will work--I want to be in "onderland" so bad!!!

I've decided to keep plugging along, and not change anything I'm doing for the time being. I know with time, I will get there. I just need to stay the course. I get how you are feeling. Part of this comes from weighing daily, too. I always find myself up a bit on the scale a half pound or so and it fluctuates throughout the week. I have to not let those blips freak me out.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #5  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I feel your guy's pain! For some reason, those last 5 pounds in the 200s seem to take foooooreeeeveeeer to get through.

I'm in the keep chugging away at it camp. We'll get there! Eventually!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I keep thinking to myself "ok, it is fine if you plateau eventually, just NOT NOW!!! wait until your in the 190's."

Funny thing is, I know I'd end up complaining about it
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

What I've always done is kept the the exact same, be consistent! It Looks like you've kind of just started. Your body is still adjusting to all your changes. Give it some time! If after a month of consistency nothing changes add 10 minutes to your work out 3 times a week or something.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Don't worry about it just keep doing what your doing and wait. My weight when crazy all over the place for the last two weeks before I dropped out of the 200s and I didn't losing anything for the last week and a half and then all the sudden I dropped three pounds this weekend. Things'll work out just be patient! It might take a week longer then you like but you will get there. I dunno what it is but something about the 200 mark seems difficult for everyone.

p.s. if your period is coming up you could just be retaining water.

Last edited by niafabo; 02-24-2011 at 01:38 PM.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #9  

Yea, I am still kinda just starting out. It's been just a little over a month and half. I am pretty bad about using salt and watching my sodium level, but I could do without the salt for the sake of this. And my period should be coming any time now. I didn't see much difference during my last period but maybe this time is different. I've been telling my mom that the 200s are hanging on for dear life! Someone tell them its ok to let go!!! lol

Congrats on getting into Onderland, niafabo!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #10  

I'm right there with you! Stalled out at 205 for forever and I am also expecting TOM this week. Too many whammys all at once! I plan to keep with the program, but that doesn't make me any more patient!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #11  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I would do nothing and wait it out. Get used to this kind of fluctuation - it's part of weight loss. Your weight will not just melt off like clockwork a few ounces a day, marching cooperatively downwards. There will be fits and starts, whooshes and waits, bounces and rebounds.

Your body adjusting after a whoosh, starting or changing your exercise routine, eating sodium, drinking not enough or too much water, when you last pooped, your hormones - all of these can cause apparent gains that may last a few days or a week or two or three and mask real fat loss. Trust your plan and give it time. Success at weight loss is measured in months, not in days.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6''

Either keep doing what you're doing and "wait it out." Or, if your like me...have fun for a night. Have a cheat dinner then get back on track the next day with lots of water. The following day is when I notice a boost in the weight loss.
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #13  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I am RIGHT there with you! 206 two days ago, 209 today with absolutely nothing different in my life including sodium (I'm eating exactly the same leftovers), water (six refills of my hamster bottle at a minimum), and exercise (half an hour of biking or walking, no lifting the past three days). "That Time" is nowhere in sight. I refuse to change my counter because I know for a fact that this literally could not be fat, but...argh!

I'm actually getting within sight of my weight beginning with a 1 for the first time in years and I do want to wring my hands at this sudden three-pound gain when there is zero reason for it.

There's a huge pressure to cut, cut, cut or to work out, work out, work out. Clearly I'm not doing enough, right? But I have learned from reading here that that isn't a healthy way to see a minor fluctuation. So I've decided I'll wait it out for a week, then step up my exercise intensity as I really don't want to cut down from my 1500 calories yet.

Good luck with your extra mystery pounds; I hope mine come off soon as well.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post
I am RIGHT there with you! 206 two days ago, 209 today with absolutely nothing different in my life including sodium (I'm eating exactly the same leftovers), water (six refills of my hamster bottle at a minimum), and exercise (half an hour of biking or walking, no lifting the past three days). "That Time" is nowhere in sight. I refuse to change my counter because I know for a fact that this literally could not be fat, but...argh!

I'm actually getting within sight of my weight beginning with a 1 for the first time in years and I do want to wring my hands at this sudden three-pound gain when there is zero reason for it.

There's a huge pressure to cut, cut, cut or to work out, work out, work out. Clearly I'm not doing enough, right? But I have learned from reading here that that isn't a healthy way to see a minor fluctuation. So I've decided I'll wait it out for a week, then step up my exercise intensity as I really don't want to cut down from my 1500 calories yet.

Good luck with your extra mystery pounds; I hope mine come off soon as well.
Good luck to you too! I think I'm going to wait and see what happens. I feel alot better after hearing some opinions for people who are a little more experienced than me. Thanks everyone!!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #15  

If you can't handle the fluctuations, which are a normal part of weight loss, don't get on the scale more than once a week. And for weight loss you need to exercise at least 60 minutes a day, 30 minutes keeps you healthy.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote