Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Smile My 6 weeks diet journey

Feb 15th - Day 1 weight as of Feb 13 161.4

I started my high protein diet. I will do my best to follow this diet for 6 weeks 6 days each week. This was designed for me by my professional trainer to help me get to my goal.

Breakfast- was 3 egg white 1 yellow
I had 2 tablespoons salsa on top.

mid morning -was 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese

Lunch -3 oz chicken breast (man that was small) seasoned with Mrs. Dash Caribbean seasoning it was a nice flavor
2 cups romaine,with cherry tomatoes with a drizzle Kraft fat free Italian dressing
I found myself eating 1/2 the crust my little boy left behind of his pb &j (bad habit)

mid afternoon- medium apple
1 slice deli turkey

before workout-
10 raw unsalted almonds
1 whole dill pickle

dinner- salad from Subway because I was not able to go home after boot camp but had to wait on my daughter for 45 minutes at play practice.
Salad consisted of romaine and spinach with tomatoes and cucumbers, black pepper and 5 oz. roasted chicken and 1 packet kraft fat free dressing .

Late snack- protein drink with fat free milk. UPS delivered it yesterday the Matrix 5.0 chocolate one someone recommended . It is AWESOME!!! I was shocked!

Here's how it went and how I felt. Around lunch and afternoon time I felt hungry and kept thinking of food. I kept having to remind myself of the plan (which is posted on the front of the fridge) and make myself leave the kitchen area. The night time was hectic and I had workout so I was too busy to notice. The protein shake really helped me feel like I had a dessert and I enjoyed it alot. I only drank water all day and felt alittle tired all day long but I had a great workout last night. I kept telling myself this will be tough at first just like calorie counting was at one time. So far I feel hopeful this will do what I need.

I was able to get up at 4 am for morning workout after going to bed at 11pm and my leg muscles were not as sore as I feared from last nights hard work out. Possibly the added protein helped that. I hope!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #2  
Finally Losing Myself

Oops! I posted this twice somehow. Sorry! I will keep adding to this one.

Feb 16th Day 2

Before morning workout- Protein shake w FF milk

Breakfast- 2 egg whites 1 yellow with chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup Old fashion oats with a squirt of honey for flavor (not as bad as I feared)

Mid Morning- 1 banana and 10 raw unsalted almonds

Lunch- 1/2 baked potato with 1 tablespoon cottage cheese in it and black pepper. 3 oz chicken with Mrs. Dash Southwestern seasoning

Mid afternoon- Protein Shake

Dinner- 4 oz ground turkey patty on 1 piece wheat bread cover in onion and mushrooms
1 cup steamed broccoli

Evening snack-Sugar free hot chocolate
Add more later. I am so dragging today but I usually am on 5 am Boot camp days.

I was up at 4am for morning boot camp at 5 am which was outside today. It was cold at first but before too long I was getting warmed up and taking off layers. I came home and got the school kids out the door, showered and took a nap. When I woke up I had a headache that lasted all day. I felt pretty sluggish today but not as hungry as Day 1 which is some progress to me. I plan to bed early helps keep the munchies away.

Last edited by Nikki6kidsmom; 02-16-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #3  
Finally Losing Myself

Last night I ended up having a handful of pretzels the Husband was munching on as we watched tv.

Feb 17th -Day 3

Slept late and didn't eat till lunch

Lunch- 3 oz of chicken with Mrs Dash Caribbean seasoning on Romaine with chopped raw mushrooms and a drizzle of fat free Italian dressing

Mid Afternoon- protein shake

Dinner- raw broccoli while I cooked I was starving
5 oz ground turkey patty
Onions,mushroom, carrot,broccoli stir fry

Late snack- still hungry 2 small pieces of rye toasted with a total of 1 tbs Skippy Natural peanut butter and a small apple

Today was better yet a stressful day . I didn't find myself longing for something to eat as bad as the first day. I think the extra sleep was much needed. While I haven't weighed yet ( I will on Saturday morning) I feel lighter and smaller. But still feel alittle sluggish and on edge with people. This takes alot of thought and preparing but the food is tasty and I don't feel starved. It helps if I stay out of the kitchen so I try to prepare the kids food at the same time I am making my own to keep myself from picking at what I am making for them. Up and at em at 4 am tomorrow for boot camp so bed time soon.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

OMG- is this enough cals for the day? I have no issues with a high protein diet, but is this at least 1200 calories, I'm starving reading it!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey, because of you I've dropped SIX pounds since your first post when you told us all you were embarking on this!! And I dropped a dress size too! The dress I just bought two weeks ago for a wedding is too big and I went back and got a size smaller. That smaller size wouldn't zip two weeks ago.

So thanks!!

I was really tired for a full week. In fact, yesterday was day 8 and I only finally felt better. I've been sucking down vitamins for energy.

Good luck to you! I wish you weighed every day because curious minds want to know. You must be so anxious!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #6  
Finally Losing Myself

Eliana,

I will be honest I am a chicken sh*t over weighing everyday. I really wish I wasn't but I know me if I don't see some progress of I have a jump in weight I get angry/upset/feel like whats the point and more likely to quit.
Maybe next week I will do daily weigh ins but I know my body to know I jump around all week. I did always love reading your daily weigh ins. Maybe I can get some courage from you.

Congrats on the 6 pounds that is awesome at this stage!!!! I hope I see some progress tomorrow. I have had a few minor slips from the plan , nothing out of control but I am still adjusting. The sluggish feeling and grumpiness has been alittle disheartening but I remember it will get better just like it did with calorie counting.

The good news is I am actually liking the food I am eating and it is showing me how much snacking I was doing on no salt pretzels, fat free crackers, granola bars,and apples. I was not getting much protein out of any of that. Amazingly with the high amounts of protein I have had MUCH less muscle soreness from my boot camp workouts which is great!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #7  
Finally Losing Myself

Feb 18th Day 4

Before workout- Chocolate protein shake

Breakfast- 3 egg whites 1 yellow
with ketchup and pepper

Mid Morning - took a nap

Lunch- 3 oz chicken cubed seasoned with Mrs Dash Caribbean seasoning
stir fry of mushrooms onions and broccoli with a few drops of olive oil
This made a big bowl and was very good and filling

I didn't fall asleep till 2 am and the alarm went off at 4 am. So I needed that morning nap badly. I really do feel smaller and leaner . I am nervous what the scale say tomorrow but I am determined to not let it discourage me. I know anything worth having is worth working for.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #8  
Finally Losing Myself

Feb 20th Day 6

Weight was 160.2 so it was a loss of 1 pound 2 oz

I felt alittle like YOUR KIDDING ME JUST 1 &%$#@ pound. But after thinking it over I thought well on Monday night I did have a fancy meal out for Valentine's complete with splitting a bottle of wine ,truffles and chocolate moose with the Hub's. So I started on Tuesday even though it seemed like a long time and a struggle it wasn't THAT hard and I am adjusting. I am looking forward to this week and what it will bring. I do feel leaner and my newest VS undies are literally falling off me this week so I know I am losing.

My one day off (free day) was today and slept in . I kept it simple I had a romaine salad with light raspberry vinaigrette with 4 oz of lean steak for lunch , a small sugar free frozen yogurt for snack and 1 serving spoon of oven roasted pork on a slice of whole wheat bread with BBQ sauce and some coleslaw for dinner. Small slice of cake ( smaller than a cupcake) my daughter made after dinner but before 7 pm. And I felt great like I had my day off but knew I did okay with calories too.

I am hopeful to finally break into the 150's this week. I have bought several swimsuits already even a tasteful bikini to wear on vacation and it amazes me I am wearing mediums.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Well, you have a very good attitude about it! Not to try to convert you or anything, but this is why I do weigh daily. Like you said, you likely really did lose more than that but you're not seeing it because of water weight.

I love that you're losing inches. I don't know if I'm just weird, but I have a tendency to lose weight and inches separately. I dropped five pounds last week, but no inches. Then this weekend my weight stayed the same and I dropped a full inch from each of my chest, waist and hips! It's very strange.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #10  
Finally Losing Myself

Feb 21 and 22 Day 7 and 8

On Monday I was sick.
I didn't get to sleep to 2 am and I was up at 4 am for bootcamp. At boot camp I felt bad but just kept quiet and focused on the task at hand. I felt very nauseous the entire time and really thought I was going to lose it once. But I made it through class and gave it 100%. I made it home and got my big kids out the door for school and I hit the shower hoping to feel well enough to make myself breakfast. The headache was worse so I hit the bed. I slept a few hours and was up with the little boys and to make myself some food. I ate a few bites and got sick. The headache increased so I called the husband to come take care of the boys I took migraine meds , made my bedroom dark and slept the rest of the day. I woke up around 5:30pm feeling some better. I had a small baked sweet potato and hot chocolate and that was all I wanted.

Tuesday Feb 22 Day 8

I weighed this morning after eating very little yesterday 161.4 (grrrrr how can this be)

I missed breakfast - bad bad bad
Lunch- grilled chicken strip salad from Chik fila with 1/2 packet of light Italian
Afternoon snack- Apple
Before workout- ^ Triscuits with small amount of brie
Dinner- Veggie fajita (mushrooms,peppers,onion,salsa) stir fry in lettuce wraps (awesome!!!)

Workout tonight was -2 mile run n treadmill, 5 mile interval on the bike, 1 mile on the elliptical, 10 minute ab workout, and 10 min fast walk on elevation level 12 on the treadmill. Man, I was soaked when I left but felt great.Funny how I am the only female I ever see really sweating at the gym , the guys usually tell me I make them look bad. LOL! Go big or go home is how I see it.

Up at 4am tomorrow for boot camp. Wonder what my weigh in will be then I will try to remember to check it.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Awe yuck! That's dedication working through sickness like that. You may be retaining water from that, you know? It's possible. I always hang onto water when I'm sick. Just a possibility.

I feel for you. I know what it's like to really put your all into something and have it not quite measure up and for no good reason. Weight loss simply is not linear and sometimes it's just plain frustrating.

Hang in there. In six weeks time you WILL see a drop.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #12  
Finally Losing Myself

Feb 23 Day 8

Pre workout- Chocolate protein shake

Breakfast- 2 egg whites 1 yellow

Mid morning snack-granola bar

Lunch-1 cup pasta with turkey marinara sauce (busy day just had to make due)

Afternoon snack- 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Dinner- Lean cuisine baked chicken

So I was not totally on plan today. I will be back to the plan tomorrow. I did however go to Bootcamp this and hit the gym this evening. My fitbit says I burned about 3,000 calories, took 15,000 steps and 7.55 miles in. I totally forgot to weigh this morning but will try to tomorrow.

Last edited by Nikki6kidsmom; 02-23-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey there, I just wanted to say a big kudos to you for commiting yourself to this plan AND doing that boot camp!

Also, you are looking HOT in your profile pic.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

You've inspired me--for the next week I'm going to make a conscious effort to increase my protein. I'm also going to start doing intervals on my elliptical machine--wish me luck!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #15  
Finally Losing Myself

Two weeks in March 1

Struggling and have resorted back for a few days to my calorie counting because of life, need for variety, and not having the right foods in the house and not will to shop. But I am not giving up and will be going back ASAP.

Weight currently 161 so just maintaining thus far.