Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (02/20-02/27)

Hi everyone,
Another awesome week for the BLUE TEAM

There were some really big numbers this week

We lost 3 more teammates this week and 7 Freebies were used. Some of those who had freebies for not posting on time are in danger of being eliminated next week so please watch out for that.

I would also like to ask once again that no one changes there totals once cut off is over. I need the numbers to match my sheets if they don't it is alot more work. If your number changes (after its posted and after 10AST) put it in ( ) so it helps you but doesn't mess with the number I use. Thanks

Well CONGRATULATIONS to our Biggest Losers this week.

Biggest Loser:
KimberleyP, -4.6, -2.66%

Honorable Mentions:
Soon2BFitChick, -3.6lbs, -2.11%
Matilda08, -4lbs, -1.80%
NancyO, -2.8lbs, -1.46%

Team Loss of -21.8lbs, -.42%

I'll come back later and post a challange for the week.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to our biggest losers!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #3  

I have just finished watching 2 different episodes on tv thay were documentry ones and one of them was about the struggles that people have with their health (to put it mildly) and it got me thinking once again as to how really lucky I am. We all get caught up in our own realities and sometimes forget how hard others have it.

Okay everyone here is your challange for the week:
Post 1 thing everyday that you are lucky to have, do, recognise about yourself. This is something that should make you feel better.

I really am lucky as I have good health and the ability to walk, work, function without being the object of somebodies ridicule. I am truly lucky for this.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #4  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jacky, Bluesers,
Whoot! We won again! Awesome Kimberly - also Serena, Matilda and Nancy - great going team.

As to what I am lucky to have, a wonderfully supportive family. Though I don't have much family left, what I do have are awesome. I'll save my other "lucky to have" stuff for the rest of the week. All of my lucky stuff are of course thanks to God.

Making up my mind that this was going to be my new lifestyle has really made all the difference. I'm not anxious about it, I've made my short term goals reasonable, thus attainable. It's like I'm not dieting at all . . . I guess because I'm not!!!

Keep up the good work team - we're awesome.

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 02-21-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #5  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Bigmid,this is a previous pop challenge that we had done.I will do both

Target:
Exercise - 60 minutes, 30 min walking outside, 30 min cardio strength inside
Diet -1300 calories max
Habit -600 calcium tabs

Monday
Exercise - 30 min walking,30 min strength and stretching exercises
Diet - Ate a box of girl scout cookies,need I say more?
Habit - 600 calcium tabs

Tuesday
Exercise-
Diet -
Habit -

Wednesday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Thursday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Friday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Saturday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Sunday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit-

Post 1 thing everyday that you are lucky to have, do, recognise about yourself.

Last edited by Mercy03; 02-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Congrats Everyone!!!

A couple days after weighing in at my center, my home scale showed a gain of more than 3lbs. I'm positive it was due to the medication I was taking because it's impossible to gain that much fat overnight. The entire week was spent feeling discouraged because I had a huge loss and I knew at my next weigh in I was going to gain some of the 4.6lbs back. I know being sick can make one lose a few pounds but I was forcing myself to eat all of my daily points so I'm not sure why I lost that much.

Thankfully my scale is down from 173 to 169.5 this morning, I've been tracking carefully. I have a feeling I'm going to show a small gain and I wanted to apologize to everyone because the last thing I want to do is be kicked off the team or cause us to lose. This challenge keeps me motivated every week and has been the reason I've pushed myself so hard these past few weeks.

I know I should look at my accomplishements this far into my journey but I'm so frustrated that I was only 0.8 away from losing 100lbs last week and NOW I'm further away. It's almost like the scale is teasing me and all I want to do is throw it out the window!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Blue team!
Congratulations to the 4 top winners this week.
Quote:
Biggest Loser: Week 6
KimberleyP, -4.6, -2.66%
Honorable Mentions:
Soon2BFitChick, -3.6lbs, -2.11%
Matilda08, -4lbs, -1.80%
NancyO, -2.8lbs, -1.46%
Team Loss of -21.8lbs, -.42%
I was sad to see 3 past honorable mentions winners are no longer with us.
Kimberly, great job again and congrats on making the list twice.
Serena, great job to you too, making the list twice also.
Matilda and Nancy, good number for both of you!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #8  
Bobbi

Quote:
Okay everyone here is your challange for the week:
Post 1 thing everyday that you are lucky to have, do, recognise about yourself. This is something that should make you feel better.
I'm blessed that I have a hubby that vacuums the whole house everyday. (We have a sweet natured English Setter that sheds) The dog loves having his picture taken, he always poses for me.
P.S. Question, when someone gains for the week, is the percentage subtracted from the total group percentage?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1405.jpg (27.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #9  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to our Biggest Loser:
KimberleyP, -4.6, -2.66%

And the Honorable Mentions:
Matilda08, -4lbs, -1.80%
NancyO, -2.8lbs, -1.46%

We are doing great! Sure hate we lost more members though. Hope they still stay here and continue on with us unofficially.

Kids are out of school today so its a crazy Monday here. Going to take them to the park and let them use up some of this energy!

Hope you all have a great day!

Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 02-21-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #10  

Morning

dream710- hello

Doragone - that really is key having it as a lifestyle change. Good for you to be at the point where it is no longer a chore or a diet. Family really is a true blessing....enjoy them

Liz - great side challange, how have you been doing?

Kimberley - Don't get frustrated about the gain (I'm one to talk) it really does make a difference which day it is I was up 6lbs on Friday from Sundays weight up 5 on Saturday and then I lost 1lb in the end on Sunday again. I have no idea how you can be up 6 then down overall 1 from one day to the next. Don't fret you will be able to post the 100lb down in no time

Also for everyone please note you would never be kicked off for having a gain.....if that were true I would have been kicked off about 20x's by now
Posting a gain is just part of the overall journey. To keep going after the gain is the true measure of who we really are.

Bobbi - that is awesome to have a husband that vacumns everyday. What a cute dog I bet he gets away with everythig.....just cocks his head and says look at me I'm to cute to be mad at. Yes the gains and losses are calculated against each other to come up with the grand total. The people we lose each week are no longer counted towards the teams totals.

Selina - Wow your really dropping the pounds again WTG!!!! I need to catch up to you Have fun at the park today.

Well this afternoon Nancy is coming over and we are going to try out a bunch of new workouts so that should be fun and burn a few calories at the same time. Then we are going to catch up on a few episodes of V

Have a great day everyone,
Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

to Kimberly for being our Biggest Loser this week
Way to go, Selina, Matilda08, and Nancy

I am determined to have a much better week. I think the key for me is to get my exercise done first thing in the morning. Lately, I have been trying to fit it in later in the day/night and then I either don't have the time, or I don't feel like working out. So, this morning I got early and I had a great workout, and now I have so much energy. I just have to keep it up now.
I am lucky to have 3 wonderful children, and a loving husband that I have been married to for almost 17 years.

Dora, that's a great attitude! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal!

Kimberly, the scale can be so discouraging and the daily fluctuations can really mess with us emotionally. You know that you are doing everything right, so don't let it defeat you. You have come so far, and are such an inspiration to me! Hang in there and you'll reach that 100lbs loss soon.

Bobbi, what a cute dog!

Jacky, hope you have a fun afternoon with Nancy. What workouts are you trying out?

Selina, congratulations on loosing 100lbs. That is awesome You are an inspiration!

Have a wonderful day everyone

Last edited by Narnia99; 02-22-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #12  
Bobbi

Who won week #6, Red or Blue team?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #13  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Thanks girlies. I feel way more energetic now that I've got this much weight off. Not to mention its easier to tie my shoes etc. I do get colder in winter now though.

Just saying hello before I get some things done here. Hope you all have a great Tuesday tomorrow!!! Love watching the Biggest Loser!!!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #14  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Congrats to the biggest losers this week!

I'm thankful my kids allow me to get in my exercise (even the baby!) so that I can have a little me time in the day!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey blue team!

I struggled last week, I had limited exercise and ate way too much. I'm happy to say I managed to have an OP day. I'm not sure what it is but everytime I start seeing changes or someone compliments me about my progress, I start binging and undo all my hardwork. Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice on how to overcome would be appreciated.

I'm thankful for my health. My mother is a very sick woman, and struggles everyday to deal with her illnesses. It's because of her that I decided to make changes in my own life.

Selina-Congrats on the weightloss!! You're doing great

Narnia-I'm like you, if I don't do my exercises first thing, I'm liking to make excuses not to.

Bigmid-Hope you and Nancy had fun

Bobbi-Is it still snowing up there?

Kimberly- I'm sure the gain is water weight or like you said something to do with your meds. The scale can definitely be discouraging, there's been many a mornings I've stepped on and called it a piece of s*#t. Hang in there, you're doing great.

Mercy-Hello!

water: 13 glasses
calories: 1341 fiber 19
exercise: 90 minutes