Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #1  
Lineman to tight end

S/C/G: In-Shape start date: 2/10/11

Height: 6'4"

Default Dill pickles and shiritaki noodles

I'm new here and new to Ideal Protein (on Day 11). To this point I've lost 17 pounds on my way to 65 (315 to 250).

I want to share something I've found that's probably the savior for me and this diet: dill pickles and shiritaki noodles.

If any of you is like me you hate most, if not all of the vegetables we get to eat. I can only do so many cabbage/pepper/mushroom/bok choy stir frys before I lose my mind (and I was well on my way). Then I noticed pickles on the list. Oh baby, I thought - this thing actually has a chance to work for me!

Soon I realized there was no way I was eating 4 cups of pickles/day so I needed something more. After looking on some forums a bit more I saw some mention of "noodles" that have no carbs, calories or fat. I looked into it and saw that there are a few brands of these, all made from some root (something marine, I think). I had no serious hope that they would be edible to me (I'm really picky) but thought I'd give 'em a try. I was surprised to say the least - not just "not bad" but "pretty decent".

The other day I put some with beef broth and added cayenne pepper - voila! Top Ramen! Today I browned some 97% lean ground beef then rinsed it in a strainer with hot water to get rid of the excess fat and dumped it in with Newman's Sockarooni sauce which is entirely composed of stuff we can eat. I've got to say that, quite honestly, this was incredible. I truly felt like I was cheating with a big, 'ol plate of spaghetti (I got the angel hair version). Though the noodles have no taste of their own they have a consistency very close to real noodles done al dente. Quite springy and they never get mushy. A great way to fill up and get rid of that 4-cups of veggies/day. I can't wait to add them to a stir-fry with some chicken and beef!
chris250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Where can I find out about the Ideal Protein Diet? I keep reading about it, but I cannot find the program's details. Thanks.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default good suggestion

I'm definetly going to try that Chris. It sounds great. Monica, 3fat chicks has an IP thread just look right next the the carb stuff next to the Atkins diet.
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #4  
Lineman to tight end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
I'm definetly going to try that Chris. It sounds great. Monica, 3fat chicks has an IP thread just look right next the the carb stuff next to the Atkins diet.
Had more "spaghetti" again just a few minutes ago. I realize I can only have tomatoes (sauce) twice a week but it sure is a treat.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Sorry in advance but I'm crashing the man cave.

The noodles you speak of are pretty decent though I pretty much only eat the angel hair version. They make fettuccini but I don't find it as palatable. I really only like to use these for asian style dishes - they kinda freak me out with tomato based sauces.

I am unsure what vegetables you can have on Ideal Protein but if you can have squash, you might try using spaghetti squash for a noodle replacement. My husband and three year old love this with a homemade no sugar added marinara sauce with turkey, onions and peppers.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #6  
Lineman to tight end

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
Sorry in advance but I'm crashing the man cave.

The noodles you speak of are pretty decent though I pretty much only eat the angel hair version. They make fettuccini but I don't find it as palatable. I really only like to use these for asian style dishes - they kinda freak me out with tomato based sauces.

I am unsure what vegetables you can have on Ideal Protein but if you can have squash, you might try using spaghetti squash for a noodle replacement. My husband and three year old love this with a homemade no sugar added marinara sauce with turkey, onions and peppers.
Probably tastes great to everyone but me - squash is a vegetable!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #7  

Default Ideal Protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaM View Post
Where can I find out about the Ideal Protein Diet? I keep reading about it, but I cannot find the program's details. Thanks.
Hi Monica,
You can find the Ideal protein program at www.idealprotein.com I have been following this diet for 2 months now and have lost 24lbs still another 10 to go but it's going great!

You will see on their site in the "contact us" there is a locator where you can find out who in your area supplies it.

The following site provides a lot of useful information as well but don't forget to consult your local supplier. http://www.windsorspinecenter.com/fa...al-protein-faq

Good luck!

Sue
SueHawey is offline   Reply With Quote