Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (2/21-2/27)

Hello ladies,

Will try to have results tomorrow sometime.

8 freebies used and 4 players eliminated this week.

I can't stress anymore the importance of weighing in on time. Just because Sunday is the official weigh in day, doesn't mean you have to wait until Sunday night to post your weigh in.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #2  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

By the way, the threads are late getting up because when the weigh in cut off time rolls around its actually 11am here on Monday in SK so I usually do the cut offs for weigh in freebies/eliminations in a short 5 minutes in my classroom and everything else during my usual 30 minute break when my kids are in music class. However, I gave my aid a break today and stayed with the kids in music myself today so I was late posting threads. Sorry to those who were waiting.

A plus for next week's weigh in- We are on a school holiday so I will be at home to do the weigh in and post threads on time!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #3  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default i feel the same way too

Rainbow, you couldn't have said it more beautifully . . . I feel the same way too. I need all of you and I think I get something from EVERY post. Whether it's info or advice or whether I get to know you a bit better. All I know is that I need all of you and I hope that maybe I can help someone, even if it's just a teeny, tiny, little bit.

OK, now for my RANT . . . THEY STOLE MY BUTT-ER . . . I saw a commercial tonight, I think it was Jenny Craig (not sure though) and this woman is talking about losing weight and said I've lost 12 pounds so far and holds up a tray with 12 1-lb blocks o BUTT-ER . . . at first I was a little mad, but then I thought about it and I'm glad that someone else can now relate their weight loss to BUTT-er, but they should have used STICKS, . . . . maybe stacked them end to end straight up to the sky . . . now that would be cool, 36 sticks o BUTT-er stacked up to the sky . . . OK, I'm better now . . .

Congratulations EVERYONE for a GREAT week and next week will be even BETTER . . . I need to go to bed, I shoveld snow before work and again afterwards, I almost didn't get into the neighborhood as they hadn't plowed yet . . . I followed the tracks of what I am sure was a truck . . . then just gunned it to get into the driveway . . . they are calling for 12+ inches, lots of wind and drifting, so those of you east of the Mississippi . . . hang on, it's a comin'

OK, shower, then bed . . .

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 02-21-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I had my 7 year old with us for the weekend, which explains why I wasn't around at all. I hope everyone had fun and experienced some weight loss! With two trips to Golden Corral and a spaghetti dinner over the weekend, I was pleased to end up with a 0.6 pound loss overall. I had to use my cell phone to post my weigh in last night so my blog hasn't been updated yet. I hope to find time tonight to update it while I am at my mom's house.

We did order a new power cord for our laptop yesterday so hopefully I will have a computer to use next weekend! Woo hoo! I feel so disconnected at home without a functioning computer.

Somehow I messed up my wrist this weekend. I woke up Sunday morning in a lot of pain. My husband went and bought me a nice wrist brace to use and it is definitely helping. But when I take it off, boy does it hurt! Hopefully it will feel better soon.

We are also back down to BOTH cars being out of commission. Our truck still has the blown head gasket. And our Expedition...well, we believe something's wrong with the electrical system. It won't start (even though it has a brand new battery and a brand new starter and starter solenoid). You turn the key and nothing happens. We are going to have it towed to the dealership tomorrow morning and get it looked at. I fear though because of the age of the vehicle and the miles on it (181000) that they will tell us to trade it in on a different car. I just can't afford payments right now. My dad is helping us out and will be talking to the service guys there for us. So...the only usably car we have right now is my dad's truck (which he loaned to us a couple of weeks ago). My husband is driving that and my father-in-law is driving me to and from work right now until the car issues are taken care of. Because of this, getting to the gym this week may be a challenge. I'll just have to see what I can do.

Green With Envy Challenge
Are you eating your green? Over the weekend I had a big salad with my spaghetti on Saturday night and an omelette with peppers in it on Sunday. Tonight I plan to have some steamed with my dinner. I love broccoli!!!!!

JayTee - You are SOOOOOO hitting Onederland this week girl!!!!! I can feel it! Keep pulling that train! I am putting you at the front of the pack this week, leading us on to your spot in Onederland! We will all be cheering for you!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 02-21-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #5  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, teammates!! It's a holiday here today so DH and I have an extra day to relax and try and kick this flu/cold that's knocked us down. The fever seems to finally be completely gone. Now I'm just stuck with a nasty cough and sinus issues. If that doesn't clear up it'll make workouts difficult this week. I'll at least get some walking in.

JayTee - I'll pledge 1 lb for this week. I'm a little unsure of what's going to happen following my fever sweat loss of last week.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

In case you missed the very end of the thread for last week, Pvt. Rainbow reported:

ROCKIN' RED TEAM!!
WOOOHOOOOO
WE DiD iT!!
WE PLEDGED 20 POUNDS
AND WE LOST
21.7!!!!
PLUS ALL THE REST OF THE
GREAT LOSES THIS WEEK
THAT WEREN'T PLEDGED!!

WHO IS IN THIS WEEK?!?!?! PROMISE-ME-POUNDS!

I'm putting myself down for 2lbs. this week. Thanks Courtney for the vote of confidence but I fear a bit of a plateau coming on this week.

And ladies, BRAVO to all of you for hanging in there. So many of you have huge amounts of stress in your lives. If I had even half the problems I'd be curled up in a fetal position in a dark corner refusing to move a muscle. Over the past two to three weeks our Red Team has had a death in the family, children hospitalized, day-long journeys to assist ailing parents, severe financial crisis, the flu running rampant, taking on a new job, and several freakish blizzards! I mean seriously, ENOUGH! You all deserve to be rewarded for your perseverance and I wish each of you the best for the last few weeks of our journey together!

Week 7 Pledges:
JayTee --- WILL lose 2lbs.
Peanutt --- WILL lose 1lb.
CharlieJune --- WILL lose 1lb.
??????????????????????????

Last edited by JayTee; 02-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

I'll pledge one pound but am seriously worried that my weight will go back up after I start eating solids again.. BUT here's hoping!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #8  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Congrat Red Team for your amazing weight loss this week. I have to agree with Susan on the sadness of losing team mates, I couldn't have said it better myself. Three past honorable mentions were eliminated on our team.
Quote:
it really makes me sad
to see our team losing members...i have tried to send personal messages and private messages to encourage and lift them up, but...in the end, i know it has to be their choice...either they want it this time, or they don't. even so....it's sad to me.

i am soooooooooo thankful for all of you ladies who are staying strong and posting every week and weighing in every week...
what some of you may not realize is that...

I NEED YOU!!
WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER!!!
I get inspiration from reading about your butter sticks, green with envy challenges, etc. Keep up the great losses and we'll all win in the end.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #9  
SARGE

SARGE'S PROMISE-ME-POUNDS UPDATE:

I salute you Week 7 Pledgees!

Rainbow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Stg. JayTee - I pledge 2 pounds this week! Come on 230's!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #11  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Courtney-- Good luck with everything. I agree with Rainbow, bad stuff comes in threes so you are in for a HUGE spell of good luck!!!

Jaytee- I would like to pledge 2lbs. I KNOW I can do it!!!

After having a very difficult week staying on plan, I muscled through yesterday and now I feel much more in control! No more carb cravings and off to the gym later tonight. Next week the plethora of exercise classes I signed up for start, so I am trying to exercise every day so my body doesn't go into shock.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #12  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

WELCOME TO THE LAND OF SNOW!!!!

Yes, more snow, (about 14") OH MY . . . so I shoveled for about an hour this AM, then the plow came through . . . so another 1 1/2 hours of shoveling . . . can you say: MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!

OK sarge, I'm in for 2 lbs this week, I've felt bloated for the past week so hopefully that will go away along with whatever BUTT-er I can melt away . . .

Courtney: YES, bad things come in threes, so you should be done, just hang in there

Rainbow: they SHOULD give me royalties . . . ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wouldn't that be sweeeeeeeeet . . .

CharlieJune: Don't fret . . . YOU CAN DO IT . . . I SEE 2 MILES IN YOUR FUTURE, ok, maybe one to begin with . . . just start moving again . . .

skinnycow: alright . . . back to the gym and eating right . . . don't forget your green . . . I have a granny smith packed for a snack later tonight.

OK, ladies it's HUMP WEEK AND WE ARE GOING TO HUMP IT ALL WEEK LONG!!! JayTee, take your mind out of the gutter . . .
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/226/145

Height: 5'9

I pledge 2 lbs!!!! I will weigh in early this week due to going out of town for a basketball tournament for my daughter. We can do this!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #14  
SARGE

SARGE'S PROMISE-ME-POUNDS UPDATE:

Rainbow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Courtney --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
SkinnyCow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
MadameGooey --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Wendychic --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
CanadaMel --- WILL lose .5 lbs.

Again, I salute you Week 7 - Hump Week Pledgees!

BTW, special Medal of Valor awarded to Rainbow for reaching out to our fallen comrades and keeping us motivated!

Madame Goo--my mind is always in the gutter...can't help it. And, you should get royalties. I mean seriously, haven't they seen you avatar?

Wendy--are those high school bball games? Does your daughter want to play in college? My daughter plays volleyball at a D3 school and loves it!
I miss club volleyball season!

ok, that's all for now. I just came back from the dentist where I had a panic attack in the chair, they were one 1 away from dialing 9-1-1, and I need to go curl up in the fetal position in a warm corner and make the world go away for awhile.

Soldier on team!

Last edited by JayTee; 02-21-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to the red team for having another stellar week. I am going to pledge 0.5 lbs this week
Today is Family day, so we took the kids swimming. I swam a couple of laps which felt good.
Back to the basics tomorrow