Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default weekly chat Feb 21-27

Here they are. It is a filthy Monday morning. Raining and cold. The week can only get better. At least I lost a pound last week.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages, Jojo, and congrats on the loss.

The scale reads 4 pounds higher than it did on Friday! Told you I had too much cake. No, really, it's because I ate every single meal out and my body seems to really react to salt. That, in itself, isn't good.

I'm off to an extra tap class this morning, back home, then to the gym to see what I can do.

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #3  

Morning. I'm suffering from allergies. I have a sore throat and each evening I get achy and feel like I have a fever. I took some tylenol last night and that seem to help. Our tree pollen is very high right now.

Congrats to the losers this week. I think I may have lost 1-2 lbs this week. Slowly but surely it's coming off.

Maryann, I hope your scope solved your knee problem. It didn't for me, hence I needed the osteotomy. Just try to take it slow and don't overdo it.

We have a beautiful week ahead. High 70's but it always goes into the 80's. I see everyone is getting snow and ice again. I would be homebound for sure.

Have a great week, ladies.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I went to Jenny yesterday and gained a pound. I'm not REALLY on plan; just playing at it. I'm really thinking I might go back to WW and eat a combination of Jenny and WW food. If that doesn't motivate me then I don't know what will.

I have another Doctor's appointment today. Sigh. It's heck to get middle aged.

Sandra, I'm sorry the subbing has been so brutal. I'm glad you're not going to keep going to those particular classes. Life is TOO short.

Rhonda, you are so wise. I'm glad you enjoyed the cake and the restaurants. Restaurants have been part of our problem too. That and no sun and the long tough winter. I'm going to go eat Chicken and Dumplings tomorrow at my favorite restaurant. They only make it once a year and it is awesome. AND, I'm not going to feel guilty!

JoJo, it's the same kind of Monday here.

Pam, GREAT job!

Paula, you are doing so well. I'm jealous. I need some motivation. I guess I'll have to dig deep.

Mary Ann and Sloan...HEY to both of you. Doesn't life get SO busy sometimes?

Have a great day Chicks!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Hope you all have a Happy Presidents Day,I woke up to some snow and I dare to go out today. Its not much only 2 " but I'm not going to tackle other drivers who think they can go racing on the roads.

Going to work on my basement project and stay throwing things out in storage bins on the next wall. Christmas tree is going out along with ornaments if my DD & DS don't want them.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,congrats on your 1 lb loss.We have snow here going to be on & off today I'm staying home as I don't want to deal with the irresponsible drivers that think they can drive in the snow like they do in dry days.

RHONDA-Sorry about your 4 lbs,I know the feeling restaurants always serve big meals an they cook with sodium the biggest threat to a dieter.

PAM-Several woman on another broad told me that their knee pops,even with out scoping so I guess that a part of getting older.

VICKIE-I like busy as when I slow down I think too much,and that's not good.

Going to start my fish fillet dinner and than go downstairs to the basement and start cracking on my new project to get my basement cleaned out.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Congratulations to those who have lost this week. I'm not one, but I'm doing all right. Seems like this past week was the week from ****. Pardon the language. Yesterday a very upsetting announcement was made at church. We were told about it before Sunday School as we were leaving before services. Today Curtis and I are upset and feel like we're mourning. We ran into other church members in town today and they're feeling the same. No dry eyes! Hopefully, all will normalize soon.

Sorry to sound some mysterious and down. Can't help it. Curtis was so upset yesterday, we stopped and picked up Ben and Jerry to come home with him. On a good note--I'm still SF. I go to OA tonight and am looking forward to it. As to shooting yesterday, I did all right. Curtis' scores dropped 20 pts. I'm more upset today.

Vickie, enjoy your chicken n dumplings. I'm glad you're giving yourself permission. Once a year? I wouldn't miss it either.

Rhonda, sounds like you're having a busy, fun-filled week. I love reading about what all's happening up your way.

Maryann, my friend and I debated on I Am 4 but decided on "Unknown" instead.

Got to go. Hugs to you all.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #7  

Sandra, "all right" with you is usually great. I'm sorry to hear that Curtis didn't do as well as he wanted to.And, of course, I'm really sorry to hear that there are troubles you are facing.

I did my upper body workout, core and ab work, and 15 minutes of interval training on the elliptical. I told the trainer I hurt for two days after Friday's workout and he told me that he was in pain himself from his workout yesterday. He empathizes

I had about 1700 calories today and found it difficult to be satisfied tonight. I didn't have any idea what I wanted to eat.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #8  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Sandra
I'm so sorry you have problems with the church. Thirty years ago, we were a big supporter of our church and never missed a Sunday. One weekday, I took my daughter in to just have 5 minutes quiet contemplation, and give thanks for having had a good day. She was in her pushchair. She loved echoes and started clapping her hands. A man, big church goer, came down the aisle like road runner and told me to 'Get that thing out of here, she shouldn't be in a house of god'. The priest was right behind him and said nothing I pushed the pushchair right in front of him and said 'Suffer little children eh Father' Mark and I have never set foot in a church to worship since then. We practice Christianity every day, not just on a Sunday. I have no problems with genuine Christians, it's the Churchians I can't stand

Rhonda What is life if we can't cheat a bit here and there. A good tap routine and you'll soon shift it

Pam You're doing great

Have a good one everyone

Last edited by jojo23; 02-22-2011 at 02:40 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's snowing here. February in Chicagoland. Today is election day for the mayor in the city. We don't get to vote for that but I have my hopes for who wins. What goes on in Chicago certainly effects the suburbs as well.

I'm exhausted. Brodie woke us up throwing up this morning. Babies.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Good morning. Today's our 12th wedding anniversary. We're going out for lunch in a bit. Most of our celebrating will take place at Texas A&M @ College Station this weekend. (We've rented a jacuzzi suite.)

JoJo, what a horrible old man! And your priest didn't stand up to him? That's sad. I hope the priest still remembers that day and feels ashamed. What's happened at our church has to do with the minister. He has some issues to deal with. It's looking like the members are pulling together. We have enjoyed our church family and would hate to lose it. That said, Curtis and I have both had problems with organized religion, too, and have spent many years outside a church building. Honestly, I have never felt closer to God than when I am outside with nature.

Rhonda, are you feeling all right now? Maybe your body was needing more calories to help combat the soreness. I think our bods talk to us sometimes--and sometimes they even rebel.

Vickie, give Brodie a hug for me.

Got to go. It's time for lunch. I'm going to have whatever I want--minus sugar. Today's Day 259 SF. Have a Terrific Tuesday, everyone.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to go out this cold morning to fix my 2010 Income Tax and than I went to walmart to buy a dolly/wagon for my garage and recycling bin. A man down the street has something like take to take his garbage down to the curb,so I got the idea from him.Oh I also sewed two pillow cases together to make a cover for the dolly as I have to keep it outdoors on an uncovered patio.Don't want it to rust.

Otherwise nothing new,going to work on the next section of my basement after dinner.

SANDRA=HAPPY 12 ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND CURTIS Oh my goodness the shooting was from your church. I heard something like that on the news. I'm so sorry that you had such as a dramatic day.I didn't lose either I gained +.5,but to me that's a maintain.
My friend wanted to see I'm 4.but after i read the trailer to her she said no.My sister told me that unknown was a very exciting action movie and told me to her she would give it a 8.

RHONDA-I can't go up to 1700 calories per day either.So I lowered my range to 1100-1400 again.I start my exercising yesterday biked 10 mins for 2 day and the next 2,20 and finally back to 30 mins. by the end of the week. Than next week I will use my walking tapes.

VICKIE-We had a 1-2 " snow day on Mon but now we have a cold day and I'm planing to stay indoors.

Have a great day,back to cleaning out the basement.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Maryann, thank you for the anniversary wishes. The shooting I was talking about was an archery tournament we went to after Sunday School.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #13  

Sandra, Happy Anniversary to you and Curtis. I hope it was fun despite the unhappiness you're experiencing at church these days. Don't let take your celebration!

Last edited by Tejas; 02-22-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

CONGRATULATIONS, Sandra and Curtis!!!! Hope you have a wonderful celebration.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Rhonda and Vickie. We're having a great day--and our spirits are much higher today.