Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #1  

Default Haven't been sick since

I just love the fact that since turning to a more natural, whole food, healthy lifestyle, I have yet to get sick! My entire office is coughing and sneezing and I remember that was me when I used to eat packaged food, esp. Lean Cuisines! I can only thank this new lifestyle for improved health.

Eating natural and clean has been so much fun and you never feel like crap after eating! I have a big appetitie so the fact that I can eat a huge plate of veggies and feel fine after is amazing to me. Plus I didn't eat a ton of calories either. Another perk of healthy eating, you can eat good food and not intake huge amounts of calories.
If I'm in a carb mood, I'll eat brown rice or quinoa....wheat makes me nervous because you can never be too sure it's actual wheat. They even make pasta made out of brown rice and it is amazing. It's called Tinkiyada (spelling?), love it!

If anyone needs to chat about whole foods/clean eating or has any questions, I'm always up for it!
Xtremesteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #2  
Lone Locust of Apocalypse

S/C/G: 310/310/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm still working on getting more vegetables in and portion control, but I've noticed I haven't gotten sick as much during the last year. My sister was very sick with the flu for a couple of weeks. I started feeling like I was getting sick, so I braced myself for a whopper. I got a mild headache, but when I woke up the next morning I was fine. She was sick for a few more days, got better, then caught a cold and was sick all over again. My immune system is a lot better since I started eating healthier and using more whole foods.

I use white whole wheat flour and bake quite a bit. Anything I enjoyed before, I learn how to make in a healthy way using whole grains, vegetables, and healthier oils, and they usually taste better in the end.
Regera Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #3  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I'm jumping on this train! I've been working towards cleaner eating for the last 6 months, and I've reached a place where nearly all of my food choices would classify as "clean." This year is the first year I haven't been struck by multiple colds and flues. I teach 6th grade, and I've had tons of kids out sick from winter illnesses, and my roommate has been sick multiple times. She takes tons of Airborne and EmergenC (which I don't think work), but keeps getting sick. I do take a multi vitamin because my Vitamin D and B12 are typically low, along with a couple other minerals, but I track my daily food intake and my daily levels of vitamins through natural foods are off the hook
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

I have also noticed that when I eat super clean I am never sick. I love it!!

Last edited by canadianwoman; 03-28-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: corrected a spelling mistake
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/171/150

Height: 5'9

I used to ALWAYS have a runny nose or some type of mini cold. However when i started cleaning up my diet, the runny nose and sickness vanished. Its really intriguing how your diet really affects your overall well being whether you're small or plus size.
leleriri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #6  
Keep on Moving!

I've been doing Rosemary Conley for a month now (calorie counting and low fat). To get the most from my calorie allowance, I've been eating loads of fresh veggies. I have to say, I've never had so much energy! It's marvellous - despite being really busy and stressed out at work, I've still been full of energy.
georgeshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/212/150

Height: 5'3"

That's awesome & encouraging! I'm just starting this whole foods lifestyle & getting sick less is at the top of my list alongside weightloss! I hope to be able to soon report the same good health
Hotmama29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I wish I could say the same!

But I still get sick (I am sick today) but I just don't get hit as hard as before. But just in general, I felt a lot better than before. I notice the difference too when I am in a situation where I can't control what I am eating (travel/work/etc) versus when I can eat the food I make at home.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/160/128

Height: 5.4

I have been trying to clean up my eating and eat more whole foods as well. In addition, I have been trying to eliminate all sources of hallides (chlorine, bromine, and flouride) from my diet. While researching fatigue and weight gain on the internet I came across some compelling info about how fluoride can effect your thyroid causing you many many physical ailments. I realize that you need to take the internet info with a grain of salt, but the changes were simple. I now cook and drink with spring water. Brush with non fluoridated toothpaste, and generally try and avoid things made with flour which contain bromine. I have noticed a real difference in energy levels and specifically improved sleep. I have made a great deal of changes recently so I cant attribute it all to this, but I feel much better about what I am putting into my families body!!!
HAPPYPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 228/228/170

Height: 5'10

I was introduced to yerba mate about five years ago (before the big diet craze around it,) and I can honestly say that I haven't been sick more than a few times since. I swear by it!
Gloriann is offline   Reply With Quote