Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 01:33 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #321

God Bless America!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way to Go !!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-23-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

No time to post any comments... I am LATE leaving and just had to take a peek before I left town and saw we needed a new thread. Tina.. glad to see you back. {{ HUGS}} Sandy, congrats on your successful Dr. visit.
See you all in a few days.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #3  

Hi all!

Yes, I am still alive; up since 9:30 this morning (thanks for a furry hungry creature pawing at me to feed him and his brot-fur). At the moment, I'm checking the boards while doing laundry, then I have to do my 30 minute workout yet.

I've gotten a couple of nice denim shirts with embroidery from Haband--they were two for 37.95, so I got a denim blue and a white one--both in a size 3X!!! I figure if I keep this up, I may break 300 by the time I see the bariatric surgeon!

Tina: Nice to see you back--and GREAT sig! Sorry to hear of the little boy that passed away. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Nice to see everyone else is doing great! Hugs to all of you!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:31 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Just a quickie here! My parents are here and little baby boy is fighting a cold...he has a slight fever so I gave him tylenol and he is taking a nap.

John and I went to register at the Y so that is all done...now to get my behind there each day AND back to WW so I can see my progress....I need to see the scale go down and I know that you have to exercise to make it go down.

Gotta run. TTFN Michelle
Old 04-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #5  

Angry Hiya Chickies!

Isn't it a beautiful day?

I'm in a tickled-pink mood... and I'm not quite sure why. Hmmm... come to think of it, that's not true. I'm in a good mood because I was just watching some videos of this past weekend (not the one I made for you guys) and I was happy... happy to enjoy a video of myself, instead of cringing. So... that's why I'm in a good mood.

On to a couple replies:
Lucky: I think a couple of days ago you were asking me a little about my eating plan. If you're still interested, a while back I made a huge entry in my journal about this. Check it out if you haven't already...

Hmmm.... somebody asked how old I was. Was it Deon? I'm 25... for the next 5 days... then, I'll be older.

Michelle: Good job on joining the Y!!! It's great that John joined with you! That way, you can feel SUPERIOR when you leave him in your dust!

Lori! I forgot your name in my video greeting too! Sorry, sorry, sorry! I thought of this last night, while I was lying in bed and almost got up to apologize! Congratulations on the 3X, btw!

2Cute: Hope your visit to your parents' goes okay. You'll be in our thoughts!

Okay... gotta run!
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 04-23-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:09 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Hey, dudettes!

Just popping in, on my way to bed, to say "Hi!" Traffic is very light around here today. I really haven't got much to say myself.

Tina, you touched my heart with the story about AJ. How very sad. I hope his short life was a happy one.

Gotta hit the sack...I'll see you all tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:47 PM   #7  

Angry Just a quickie...

Hiya Ladies!

If anyone had problems downloading my video greeting, give it a try now. My hubby tweaked the backend of the site a bit. Some people were only getting audio... but there's a video that goes with it!

G'night all!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:58 PM   #8  

Sara Thank you for that video clip. It was so GREAT seeing and hearing you. I like the red hair. At first when you said you were doing it I couldn't imagine you red from black but it looks good.

I am just so happy having watched you. I hope your foot is okay!!!..
Old 04-24-2003, 07:29 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all
How are all my chickies today.
Missed you at chat last night it was me and Sandy.

As I set here drinking my coffee I am so tired don't know why.
Sara I read part of your journal about your weight loss plan sounds good.

I cooked a chicken pasta salad last night it was great.

I didn't get any pictures of myself on our trip but I'll post some of some of the sites
Old 04-24-2003, 08:21 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Just a quick "Good Morning" to everyone. Work is going to be a little crazy today. Yesterday was not a good day for me. Still feeling the effects of TOM. I made very poor eating choices, but I did double up on my walk. So, there was a little positive in it. Today is going to be a better day!!!

Wishing you all a great day --- I'll stop in later!

Barb
Old 04-24-2003, 10:03 AM   #11  

Hey there chickee poohs,

How goes the morning? It's pretty okay here. I am trying hard to stay back on the wagon!! I do have some potatoe chips in fron of me and yes I know its only 9:52 in the a.m, but my body was saying PLEASE..... But, good news is I did buy the Fat free Ruffle Wow chips....so that was a plus (hey gotta take credit where credit is due )Okay, coming here just made me fold the bag up and put them away in my desk drawer . I stopped at the grocery store on the way to work and made me one of those big ole salads at the salad bar, and I did not add any potatoe salad, coleslaw or any of that....I was a good girl, and bought a seperate bottle of FF salad dressing!!! Tonight for dinner is Scallops sauteed in garlic over pasta.....yummskies . I jumped on the scales this morning, and it read back at me 263.5....wow, I made it back to last weeks weight, so all in all I guess I did okay, I maintained for the week, but it sure was a scarey trip off the wagon .

Barb: you sent TOM to my house that was not nice , but one good thing is it will be done and over with and I will be able to enjoy the mini vacation I'm going on next weekend....

I told Mary last night, a bunch of the girls here some family some friends all go away together like 2 or 3 times a year up to a camp (cabin) that family owns up North here in Maine. The only rules are......1)NO KIDS 2)NO HUBBYS OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS!!!!
I can't wait, we always have a blast, yes it will be a free bee weekend, I hope I don't do to much damage, but alls I can see that will really put me over is the wine, the jello shots and maybe the cheesecake? LOL, a girl has got to live!!! Anyway, I know it will be a blast, one of my bestest friends in the world is going with me this time, she is a single mom of 3 and I know she has not been away from her kids for at least 8 or 9 years. I'm thinking she will have a good time!!!! Have you all ever gone away with just the girls? You think men are bad, you aint seen nothing , but we have a good time, and this year Im taking the video camera to prove it....LOL that should be a funny one to watch. I welcome any of you that wanna make the trip up here to go!! We leave promptly at NOON on Friday May 2nd, we wait for no one.....This will put us at the cabin at about 4:00 or so.

Well chicklets, hope to come back and read some later. Sorry if I bent your ear, I just wanted to share. I love ya all and hope the day is treating you nice.

Huggers!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #12  

Gosh, I almost missed another thread. I have been soo busy lately I just haven't had time to get in here and post. Eating is going very well I have been able to possibly shave off those points that I ate over, and am feeling good about it. Not alot of exercise unless you count shopping, I have done plenty of that lately. April is the month of **** for me, I have 10 birthdays, easter and then this weekend I have 2 birthdays, and my daughter is going to a concert for her 15th birthday which isnt acutally til may but the concert was now and then we also have 3 Dr. appts in a weeks time. Ugh! I am so busy. I hate being this busy. I am a very slow paced person. Anyway, tonight is weigh in, I am sure I have not lost I am just hoping I didnt gain. I will be happy if I didnt. I am drinking lots of water today and going to live on veggies.

I just have one response and that is to Sara: Is your birthday on the 28th?? So is my daughters. She will be 10. No wonder I like you.

Well I will try to get back in here sometime this weekend, the kids dont have school tomorrow and I am doing a birthday party tomorrow afternoon and then I am also doing one tomorrow eve, (for my DH) and then Sat is garage clean out day and then Sat night my daughter will be gone then Sunday is my other daughters concert, well anyway, maybe I will be back this weekend. Everyone have a nice weekend.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:03 AM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Hey gals!

How are ya this morning? Good, I hope!

Well, I'm going to go weigh myself this weekend. I will probably go up to the mall on Sunday after work to see what type of damage I've done. The last time I went to WW was on 3/10, so it's been one month and two weeks exactly. From the best I can tell, out of the last 44 days, I've been OP exactly 7 days. Not a real good average, huh? I'm very scared to get on the scale, but I know it's something that needs to be done. Isn't it amazing how it is so hard to lose, but so easy to gain?

I went into Sara's journal last night and did quite a bit of reading. Especially her diet and what she was consuming to lose the weight. The principle is the same as I usually follow, but I am far to easy on myself when it comes to the complex carbohydrates. I also have a problem eating late at night before I go to bed. I think instead of concentrating on ALL the choices I have with WW, I'm going to get back to basic. Try to stay away from all the processed things. Wish me luck.

I'm going to go make some breakfast and then do my one mile WATP. Baby steps.....baby steps.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:50 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Just taking a quick break for lunch and thought I'd check in! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! I can't wait to get out of work and enjoy the day! Now that I am in a better routine walking my dogs at night I look forward to it! It's been a long time since I looked forward to exercise! It feels like a major accomplishment.

2Cute - Have a safe trip!

Lori - Congrats on the smaller size. It's such a nice feeling when clothes fit comfortably!

Michelle - Way to go on joining the Y!!!

Sara - I hope you are still in a wonderful mood today! Sounds like a lot of us were reading your journal last night!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sandy - Sorry to send TOM to ya --- but I needed to get rid of it!! Yikes the chocolate cravings were bad this month!!! I also figured out that my next visit will be while I am on vacation next month!! UGH! No fun! Good job maintaining this week --- I'm not going to fare so well. Girls weekend sounds like a blast!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Deon - you sound just a tad busy! I hope you get time for yourself!

Tina - Boy, you are on target --- so easy to gain!!! It's amazing!!!

A great big Hello to anyone else I may have missed!!!

Back to work for now!!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:13 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

My brother brought the baby to see me today. he weighs 21 ponds and is setting up now. Brother has started driving a truck again so at least for now he has a job.
Closed Thread