Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default NSV... some frustrations... and a possible solution...

Ok... the scale STILL isn't going down. And I checked on my grandparents' scale (I'm at their place for the weekend). I think I know why though... I DID pig out a bit on chips and salsa/sour cream dip last night... if nothing else... it's probably water weight due to the high amount of salt... but yeah.

BUT... I have an NSV. I am currently wearing... a size 12 pair of jeans!! Granted... the jeans run a bit large... and are somewhat stretchy... and are made for curvier girls... but even still. My last pair of these were a size 16... and those... while not TIGHT... weren't baggy either when I got them. Now they are. So yeah. Made me feel good.

BUT... the scale isn't budging... even if clothes are fitting looser. So... I think that starting Monday (it's really hard here at Grandma and Grandpa's...) I'm going to start weighing my food and calorie counting through grams and stuff... a bit more precise then just "oh... that's around 300 calories". I'll also try to plan as much as I can. So yeah.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good job - good plan! And remember to measure yourself, too - sometimes we have weeks when the scale won't move but you see another half inch or inch gone off the hips!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #3  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Nationalparker...
I've reached my technical goal but would like to be down a little more but in the last 3 weeks I've only lost 1.8 lbs. If I hadnt measured myself I'd probably be upset haha My jeans fit so much better and I just feel tighter...the numbers arent everything
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #4  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Yeah... I'm going to measure myself as soon as I get back home. I tried to all this past week... but I couldn't find my measuring tape. FINALLY did... ten minutes before we were leaving. So I didn't have time. I'm definitely doing so as soon as we get back.

Thanks guys!
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6''

Hi there,
I just wanted to share something that just dawned on me yesterday. Ever have that moment where you literally hear a ding when the light bulb in your head goes off? Yeah...that's what happened.
I work out on at my campus gym. Yesterday was a campus holiday, as is Monday. So, I am out of luck for gym access for a couple days. It's also been pouring here. Not fun running conditions. Not wanting to miss a workout I decided to dust off my old pilates mat and do a workout along to the tv. I haven't done pilates regularly in a couple years. After the workout I felt AMAZING. Made me think about how I got into pilates in the first place.
A conversation with my doctor a few years back. I was at my highest weight ever, 240. My doctor told me to give pilates a try as she has seen people have a lot of success with weight loss. And success I found...I lost 50 lbs FAST. I'd say about 5 and a half months. She explained to me that while cardio is great, for people who have a harder time losing (she was explaining this to me as she was exploring the possibility of PCOS) that pilates is often the answer.
VERY LONG story short--maybe you should give pilates a try. I am going to add it back into my workout routine for days I'm not in the gym.
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote