Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Lightbulb Starting glumetza..wish me luck...hoping not to get sick..

So i suffered from insulin resistence and now im type 2 and ive been given glumetza..i did use it a couple years ago and it seemed to make it easier to lose weight..now im doing it again...and im not looking forward to it, because it made me sit on the toilet for several days at a time..i swear i lost weight cause of all the time i spent on the toilet. Anywho, hoping for some kind of good results with it..along with my south beach..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glumetza is the same as Metformin. Yes, there are sometimes as you know. What is your dosage and when do you take it? Taking it at bedtime lets you sleep through the initial side-effects.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Is Glutmetza got an extended release (xr) version?

I did better on Glucophage XR rather than the plain.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

wishing you luck. I don't know about glumetza, but it took me about 2 weeks to get used to the metformin, and when I started the higher dose, the same thing.
I also got a side effect from the medication after a few weeks, terrible muscle pain in my legs, as if I had leg cramps that wouldn't go away. I treated this with a high vitamin B supplement, and don't have those symptoms unless I forget to take my vitamins.
With the initial gas and upset stomach I really had to remember that most people get past those side effects, and that the effect on my blood sugar was really important.
I hope your side effects aren't too bad and that you can get past any that you have. good luck
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote