Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Cool Tika Chicken w/ Chickpeas

Just kind of came up with this new way to spice things up.. cause i was bored of the same old chicken and chickpea dinner.

So here it goes..

Tika Chicken + Chickpeas

1T Tika Masala Curry paste made by Patkas or Sherwood curries
2T fat free plain yougurt
1T fat free milk
1t veggie oil or olive oil
1 chicken breast
1/2 cup garbanzo beans aka Chickpeas rinsed

In a frying pan, fry chicken breast till cooked through. Cut into chuncks..
Combine tika masala paste and yogurt and oil and milk together in bowl and mix well until it looks soupy. Add into frying pan the sauce along with the 1/2 cup chickpeas..if needed..add a little water to help cook chickpeas till a bit tender.. When it has simmered for a few minutes, serve and eat..Makes 1 serving...

F.Y.I. - Tika Masala Curry paste..is not hot..and has a wonderful lemony taste to it..however..it can be quite high in salt. I highly reccomend if your are concerned about the Sodium content being too high, you cut down from 1Tablespoon to 1teaspoon.. It will still give you a great flavour..just less on the salt..

It is filling and tastes great though!! Wonderful hint of lemon and corriander..its not hot either inless you get the paste that says "hot"
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote