Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #1  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Default I didn't think I would ever be able to do this.

Okay, this probably doesn't deserve its own thread all by itself, but I had to post this somewhere. I'm sure we've all had one of these simple, but turning-point moments.

After work, I headed over to some friends' house where a bunch of us get together one night a week so the guys can play cards and we all visit. My DH was already there, and the games were in full swing. Having just got off work, I was starving, so I was taking advantage of the fact that they had a veggie tray out, trying to be as minimalistic with the dip as humanly possible. Well, a couple hours, a few celery sticks and multiple declines for soda offered to me later, they decided to order pizza.

You see...a lot of pizza, I can easily pass up on. But, no. They were ordering from my favorite pizza place in this whole city. And, since I'm a vegetarian, they always want to order a special one just for me. Which I would usually eat most of - all by myself - by the end of the night. And, this was supposed to be a workout night for me, too...not a stay out all evening and pig out night! Lol.

This is the very situation that has always made it so easy for me to shrug off any health plan I may have started in the past, and chalk it up to a free fun night out with friends. I would always promise myself it would be all salads for the next few days, but I would always get so discouraged when I would inevitably see weight gains and start to get lazy about it all...then, I would give up or put it off for a "fresh start" for the following week or the 1st of the next month. This has always been a vicious cycle of mine.

But, you know what I did tonight? I sucked it up, put on my metaphorical "big girl panties" as people say, and excused myself for the evening instead. It was getting a little late anyways, but I let them know that I was going to go home and fit in my workout for the night before it was too close to my going to bed and thanked them for the nice time. DH has a ride home from a couple friends that live in the same apartments, and he's free to play cards and eat all the pizza he wants. I just knew that I wouldn't be able to resist if I stayed. My (previously almost non-existent) willpower is growing, but it's still much weaker than where I'd like it to be. Soon, I will be able to sit there and enjoy my celery while everyone around me is eating warm, delicious, cheesy (did I already mention this was my favorite place in town? Oi!) pizza all around me...but, tonight was not that night. It was not even going to be a "go ahead and indulge in one piece, then stop" night.

Basically, what I'm getting at here is....thank you. Thank you 3FC for helping me strengthen my resolve for this lifestyle change I've recently made. Your stories, struggles and victories are the main source of continued inspiration helping me keep my diet and choices in check. I am so happy I have found this site, and all of you who are going through or have already gone through all the same trials I'm facing with my health. And, thank you for letting me post this wayyy too long-winded post for something that may seem a little trivial. I just needed to tell someone that might understand the subtle importance of finally being able to make choices like these.

So, here I am...at home, about to do my workout even though my whole body is sore from doing it yesterday, and I've already planned out a much more nutritious meal for tonight. (Lots of veggies, some plant-based lean protein, and a little cottage cheese on the side + tons of water!)

SCORE:
Me - 1
Pizza - 0

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #2  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

WOW!! You go girl!! That was such a good post and I was amazed at how much I relate to your struggle. So many times I've messed up and said to myself HEY ITS JUST THIS ONE TIME I'LL GET BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW & tomorrow would turn into next Monday, next week, next month..etc.

You should be so proud of yourself! Now that you did this, nothing will stop you now!
CandyCoatedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

I can't tell you how many times, I have beenatthat exact place and it was like...whewwwww...my resolution right out the window beacuse I did not have the guts to stand up for myself and say NO! It's amazing what I have learned over the years yet still struggle on occassion to put my big girl panties on and overcome. But, I keep getting better and better with each day and I am so proud of you for getting there!!! CCSymphony is right...Nothign will stop you now!!!
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

I. Love. This! You're awesome!
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #5  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Yay Congratulations! I have read someones post here recently and I guess its true. Each time you exercise your will power it gets a bit stronger! I'm experiencing that as well . Great Job! I'm happy for youi!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #7  
doing it

I've been similar situations many times also and it takes strength to do what you did. GREAT job! The next time will be easier.
tarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Wow, I could NOT have done that. It's crazy, because it's not like you'd never get the chance to have that pizza again.... and yet, your brain can make you think that's the case.

Congratulations, don't minimize your success!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

nice job.

Why would you need to eat celery while they eat pizza? There is middle ground between the 2, isn't there?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Good for you!
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Such strength! I know I wouldn't have been able to do it! Good job, you should be really, really proud of yourself!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #12  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks so much for the kind words, you guys! I am proud of myself, and I feel like I'm finally beginning to hold myself accountable for my choices. It's a slow process, but it's nice to see it start to take shape. That has been the main difference I've noticed between my past attempts at health & weight loss and this time around. And, I think it's safe to say that that's a good sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Why would you need to eat celery while they eat pizza? There is middle ground between the 2, isn't there?
Yes, of course! A lot of middle ground between those two things, lol. I was simply making reference to the options that were available last night.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #13  

Height: 5ft 8'

Well done, you really showed some strong will power. I can totally relate to the cycle of giving in for one night and making a 'fresh start' the next day, week or month. At times I have made a fresh start on every day of the week because I messed up the day before. xx
tashalizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Good for you....
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #15  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Awesome ~ Awesome ~ Awesome ~ Awesome ~ Awesome!! Great job!!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote