Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #1  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Default Patiently waiting for my....whoosh *sigh*

Well maybe not too patiently. Been stuck in the 180's all month long. I have broken my 'weigh in every 2 weeks' as I have been weighing in daily deperately trying to step up my work outs and watching what I eat calorie counting and low carbing it, in hope to be in the 170s. I've been up and down couple of pounds, just when i think im about to see the 170s i gain one or two pounds. This is driving me nuts! But will keep doing what I'm doing I hope it is just a matter of time . Perhaps cutting calories is the answer? Tried increasing and decreasing as I've been sticking between 1200-1500 calories. grrrr!
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Are you losing any inches? It's hard to be patient sometimes, but don't give up...stick with it...I feel a "whoosh" in your future!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I'd say give it time. "All month long" is two weeks. That's really not very long.

I'm in the same boat, by the way - 11 days ago I first saw 200 and I'm still waiting to see 199. In January I sat at 204 for 3 entire weeks - but I still lost 4-5 pounds in the month of January, a normal month for me.

The point is that for many of us, weight loss doesn't march in a nice reliable linear progression, downward downward 0.25 every day. There are fits and starts, bounces, whooshes, adjustments ...

I have had to learn to take a longer view - much, much longer. I won't even tweak my plan until I see a whole month, really on plan, with no loss - and then I'd wait a month to decide whether that tweak made a difference. In my experience, looking at my loss patterns, a week or two or even three is just not enough to say "this isn't working."
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #4  
You Can If You Believe!

S/C/G: 234 / 234 / 190

Height: 5 '10

I wouldn't cut calories too much or it will slow down your metabolism. What kind of workouts are you doing? A lot of times starting to do some kind of muscle building exercises will increase your metabolism and boost fat burning if all your doing is cardio.
Adam DeJourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #5  
Here I go again

I appreciate the support everyone

Adam- HIIT about 3days a week and weight / strength training about 2-3 days a week.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I think there's nothing wrong with daily weighing, myself. I have learned so, so much about my body through recording my number ever single day. And this habit is going to keep me going through maintenance. No more burying my head in the sand when I have to face that number every single day.

And like Carter said, yeah, weight loss is not linear. I have stalled and whooshed throughout this journey! Through daily weighing I have discovered that my personal pattern is too lose big one week out of the month and stall the other three.

You must just have persistent and keep doing what you doing. Go ahead and make changes, but give the changes time to work. I'm very guilty of changing too many things up at one time and never really knowing which of the changes made the difference.

Last edited by Eliana; 02-18-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #7  
You Can If You Believe!

oh cool I wouldn't increase your exercise plan too much then either. I think too much training/cardio can be bad as well it's really just a balance.

Keep it up though great job like Eliana said it's not really linear!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #8  
Here I go again

If only in a perfect world right ? lol
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Don't worry you'll know when it's coming you'll start peeing like crazy for no apparent reason. I haven't lost anything all week but if the number of times I've had to run to the restroom today is any indication I think there will be a drop tomorrow morning. lol!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #10  
Here I go again

nifabo, I have actually peed a lot more today, I've had a lot of water because I inadvertently had more than my allotted sodium intake today. So I'm kinda flushing it out of my system.

Hope we both have a whoosh soon
Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks you too. You are doing fantastic by the way! I'm sure you'll drop at least a few pounds all at once when it does happen.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #12  
You Can If You Believe!

Weighing yourself every day can be a great tool, just don't freak out if one day you weight more than the next lol, I've done that before.

You vary about 5 lbs during the course of a day, so try to weight yourself at same time every day on an empty stomach if that's the course your taking.

On previous attempts at dieting I used to weight myself every day but then I stopped because after a week it would slow down and I would start to panic.

On the diet I started a few days ago I'm weighing once a week and knowing I'm doing the right thing lol.

Also for guys especially you should measure bodyfat once a month, since muscle affects weight too so it's a better measure of how your diet is going.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #13  
Here I go again

Yeah I weighed in at 183 yet again , im continuing my struggle but not giving up.