Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5

Default Nutrisystem Buddies 2011

Anyone starting Nutrisystem soon? I should be recieving my meals in 4-10 days...any advice?
CardiacNurse5465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #2  

Hi..I just ordered my food and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive! I couln't believe what a great deal they are running right now. I got the premium select program.,(includes frozen foods) , for 259.00 plus free shipping..for 28 days of food . That is so much less than jenny craig, which I had done in the past. By the way I used to be a cardiac nurse too. I have a lot of weight to lose..so I am really hoping this will be the jumpstart I need. Would love to see an active thread develop..I can use all the support I can get. Good Luck!
morecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #3  

I ordered the premium select program as well. I've never done Jenny Craig or any plan like this before. I tried weight watchers online without very much success. Keep me updated on how things go!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #4  

I received my frozen food today! I was very surprised it arrived this quickly. I already tried my first lunch..margharetta pizza..surprisingly good. I was very impressed with the delivery..frozen solid,even the icecream. It didnt come with the mealplan, I guess that will be in the shelfstable food shipment.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #5  

I just finished my first week on Monday and was down 4 pounds. It is a plan that does work, tastes good and I dont find myself hungry.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #6  

Hi Irishchic..I just finished my first 2 days..really was surprised that I liked the food..especially those buffalo wing pretzels omg they are soo good. I have had the frozen food mostly..loved the ham and cheese melt for lunch and the chicken alfredo..Today I will have some shelf stable.

Today I am cooking a big dinner for the family, so it will be somewhat of a challenge to not eat what I am cooking..as i see it, that will be my biggest challenge on the program,as I do cook alot. But that is what got me into this mess..love to cook..am a real foodie. Wishing you the best of luck and much success..I will enjoy following your blog

After reading your blog I saw that you did not have a good experience with the ham and cheese melt. Mine was delicious, but I put it in the regular toaster,came out crisp and perfect. I defrosted it first in the microwave on a very low setting and then just popped it in the toaster; try that next time.

Last edited by morecowbell; 02-02-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added something
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #7  

I recieved my frozen food today! Tried the french toast for breakfast...it was ok. Looking forward to trying some of the lunch and dinner entrees.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:07 AM   #8  

I tried the caramel swirl sundae...it was yummy! I haven't gotten my meal plan yet...is it ok to eat a small salad with the ham and cheese melt at lunch? It doesn't seem like it would be enough to satisfy me by itself.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Yes, a leafy green salad with 2 TBSP of ff dressing is part of the plan. You can go to the Nutrisystem website and get your meal plan since I'm assuming you are already a member.
Good luck to you, IMO this is a good plan I just did not like some of the food but I only had the shelf stable items.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by morecowbell View Post
Hi Irishchic..I just finished my first 2 days..really was surprised that I liked the food..especially those buffalo wing pretzels omg they are soo good. I have had the frozen food mostly..loved the ham and cheese melt for lunch and the chicken alfredo..Today I will have some shelf stable.

Today I am cooking a big dinner for the family, so it will be somewhat of a challenge to not eat what I am cooking..as i see it, that will be my biggest challenge on the program,as I do cook alot. But that is what got me into this mess..love to cook..am a real foodie. Wishing you the best of luck and much success..I will enjoy following your blog

After reading your blog I saw that you did not have a good experience with the ham and cheese melt. Mine was delicious, but I put it in the regular toaster,came out crisp and perfect. I defrosted it first in the microwave on a very low setting and then just popped it in the toaster; try that next time.
Oh I love those pretzles. And the Buffalo wrap I made into a giant salad with light blue cheese dressing. It was yum. I did have some frozen foods, but I am not a fan of frozen vegis. My new shipment came yesterday and its all shelf stable. There is still so much I have not tried yet. So far everything has been pretty good. But I know there are things I like that others wont, and things they like I wont. Just how we are.

The 2nd time I made the ham and cheese I put it in the toaster like a poptart. It turned out fine.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacNurse5465 View Post
I recieved my frozen food today! Tried the french toast for breakfast...it was ok. Looking forward to trying some of the lunch and dinner entrees.
Spray butter before the micro! My 1st one was a bit weird, the 2nd try I sprayed before and it turned out nice and moist.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #12  

Hi buddies..hope you are doing well on the program. I was humming along o.k. until the last few days..am really struggling with this. I am seriously questioning my decision to do this program. I really don't want to discourage anyone..and I hesitate to post this for that reason, but then I thought someone might be able to offer some insight into this..so here goes.

What I really feared most is happening..I am really resenting preparing meals for the family and then having to eat my ns food. I make a big effort to cook healthy and many times I look at the food I made and think that would so easily fit into a waeightloss plan..why the **** am I eating this overpriced artificial chemical laden crap..other times I look at it as an enormous blessing which is teaching me portion control..and what a wonderful value it is. Conflicted? You bet. I am thinking of doing weightwatcher s and then just incorporationg the food I have left into tht program..but if I dont do well on that I know I will kick myself..oh well I guess I'll figure this out. Just feeling really down today.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #13  

Morecowbell,

Sorry you're feeling so conflicted! I'm on my 3rd week of Nutrisystem and it's been really easy because my husband is on it with me! I've really liked the food and thanks to the great message boards on Nutrisystem, I know how to make recipes from the NS food and spice them up a bit! those message boards are really good! Lots of successful people that stick around even though they no longer eat the NS food, tons of tips, etc.

I've done weight watchers for about 25 years. I always been up and down with about 15 or 20 pounds, then I'm back to counting my points religiously, etc. My problem was that I know how to do weight watchers, yes I even have all of the new Points Plus stuff, but I just can't make myself stick to it lately. I have the best intentions, but then I say, well, all I have to do is count the points, I can have anything I want. Hence, my 15 pounds gain!

I had done Jenny Craig before, but Nutrisystem was so much cheaper that I thought I would give it a try to just get on track. BTW, I've found the food to be the same on both programs.

The last two weeks have really been great in teaching me what a portion looks like, adding appropriate protein, fruits and veggies, as well as eating every 2-3 hours. I'm beginning to get back to where I know I'll be able to transition to eating healthy once I stop the NS meals. I feel so much more in control. In fact, I think I will probably use the NS meal plan instead of weight watchers when I stop having the NS food after my second month. It really does seem to be a lifestlye change I can live with.

I don't cook for a family like you do, but I did have a dinner party at my house and I made some great roasted veggies, a wonderful salad and then an entree for everyone else, while my husband and I used our NS entree. Too funny, everyone wanted to try my raviolis! And they were pleasantly surprised! Anyway, my plate looked like I was eating a ton of food and I suprisingly didn't feel deprived about it at all.

Make sure that you are adding spices, veggies, FF sour cream, cheese, etc. to your NS meals, you don't want to feel deprived!

Anyway, just sharing my experience so far. I wish you luck with what ever way you go!
linga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #14  

Thank-you so much for your thoughtful reply. I was having a horrible day when I posted that. lol. I will make it work. I knew going into this that it would be a challenge cooking for 5 people every day and then having to eat my ns. It would be easier if my hubby was doing it with me..but I will continue to do the program for at least 1 more month anyway. I am glad it is working out so well for you..I wish you the very best of luck. It really is a great program..and very affordable I think.(forget about what I said about it being overpriced lol.)...boy is it reminding me about portion control. It has been a well needed wakeup call. Keep posting your success! Oh and the nutrasystem boards are great..got all the exchanges for meals on my own , so if I want to substitute an occassional meal i can and still be on the program. I just have to remember to measure and weigh everything!

Last edited by morecowbell; 03-01-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #15  

Make sure you all are incorporating exercise with these plans to speed along your success. ;-p
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote