Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 03:41 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Question Colvera/Calotrim? What is it?

My husband called me on the phone a few minutes ago after hearing a talk-show radio DJ announce that he was starting a new weight-loss program utilizing a supplement. He didn't mention the name of the product but gave the website addy as www.justbeforebed.com . DH said he was interested in the product since if the DJ was willing to try it out it must have some merit to it's claims. After checking out the website myself, I am convinced that this is just another way to throw your money away looking for a "magic diet pill" to help you shed pounds without following the eat right & exercise routine. And/or #2, the DJ was either a distributor of the product or was getting paid to advertise.

Has anyone out there heard of this product, tried it or had any positive results from it as the "testimonials" claim? My DH knows I'm on this website daily and that I get a wealth of info from it. I'd feel better "shooting" his thoughts down on this product with a little ammo from 3FC...and perhaps use the $ that he would've wasted on this product to buy ME something nice . Any thoughts on this product you'd like to share?
Old 04-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hm - just looked at the website and it frankly looks like PURE CRAPOLA to me

In fact it's almost exactly the same tactic as we saw a year or so ago with "Body Solutions". Remember that? "Lose Weight While You Sleep"...and they used radio DJs to promote the product. Of course relatively few folk actually SEE the DJ's...hmmm... (in fact, if you go to the website...the company is called "HEALTHY SOLUTIONS"...hmmm...coincidence???

Actually I believe the DJs get a commission and free product in exchange for pushing the product on the air. (of course how much that 'free product' is really worth...well...read on...)

In fact I just read the 'directions' and they are IDENTICAL to Body Solutions in that you take the stuff three hours before bedtime on an empty stomach...

And the three ingredients in the formula - Collagen Hydrolysate, Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin - as far as I know do NOTHING for weight loss. Basically, Collagen is just GELATIN - cheap protein that is used as a binder in foods - it's your basic Knox gelatin.

Aloe vera is used internally as a laxative but in doses of 50-200 mg per day...don't know how much you're getting in these pills. Besides, trust me, using laxatives is less than effective for long-term weight loss (not to mention very uncomfortable!!)

Glycerin - another cheap product that endurance athletes use to help in hydration - but for weight loss??? don't think so.

It never ceases to amaze me to see these 'copycat' scams come out...tell your husband to SAVE HIS MONEY and buy something worthwhile...cos this ain't it!
Closed Thread