Old 02-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1''

Default Am I doing it right?

I signed up for weight watchers online yesterday. Yesterday I went over my points but was able to take some from my weekly ones. I have 29 daily and 49 weekly extra points. It is going to be hard to get used to.

Do I need to do anything special when planning my meals? Or as long as I stay in my points I am ok. If anyone has any tips that could help me get started I would appreciate it. I think the website is kind of hard to navigate. I wish there was a list of foods with the points. Instead of having to look up every single thing.

I am going grocery shopping tonight and it might be a little difficult. I do not have a smart phone or a points plus calculator (they are sold out everywhere).

Thanks for listening, but comments would be appreciated!
club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

It will get much easier after you've been on the plan for a few weeks! You'll probably have certain meals or food items that you eat often and they will be on your recent foods or favorites list. You'll start to remember how many points certain things are and then you can use the quick add feature.

They say that you can still have your daily and weekly points and still lose weight but I don't like to have my weekly points. If you find that you're not losing as much as you'd like, try staying within your daily points and eating fruit or veggies instead of an item you usually eat that has points.

As far as grocery shopping, it can be hard without a calculator but as long as you plan before you go it should be fine! Most websites have nutritional information for foods now so if you know that you want a certain item, you can check it online first. Stick with buying meat, veggies, fruits and wheat or whole grain items and you should be good to go!
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #3  

You are not okay as long as you stay within your points. You need to read plan information. You have 9 Good Health Guidelines that you need to get in each day so plan your meals around them. And what you eat is just as important as how many points it is. If you eat 29 points and a lot of simple carbs you will not lose as well. Again, go over and over the plan until you understand it.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1''

ROBIN -- Thank you! That makes sense and put me at ease.

QUILETERINVA -- I thought I did read over the plan. Where can I find the Good Health Guidelines?

I am going to log in now to WW and see if I can find them. Thanks
club is offline   Reply With Quote