Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Unhappy Plateau, and need some encouragement!!

I have hit a plateau over the last two weeks and am feeling discouraged. Need some encouragement from those that have been there. Did you have to do something, add or remove something to get thru this? It’s so frustrating. How long did it take you to get past the dreaded plateau? I thought maybe I needed to add exercise so I started that on Sunday. Not sure if that was the best idea....I don't know---I am just at a loss, and not the good kind.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #2  
Started IP Jan 5 2011

S/C/G: 186/155/120

Height: 5' 2"

I too hit a plateau, a bit discouraging but have been dealing with some health problems, almost 3 weeks of nothing moving on the scale or BMI changes.

This morning, weigh in day, my home scale says I dropped almost 3 lbs from last weeks weigh in. I have my fingers crossed that I broke the plateau. I simply stuck to the plan with one day being really sick and unable to eat and another day being at the doctors all day and having to eat a bit off plan (deli).

I have been hiking with my dogs (climbing hills) and I am not sure that helped break the plateau or was actually the cause of it in the first place. Don't get to discouraged, seems others have been at this spot in their weight lose, keep doing what your doing and see if week 3 brings you a lose
Monkey Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #3  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kathy,

A two week plateau is not that bad, IMO. If you started IP in Jan, and are already down 20 lbs, you have done really well so far. I started high cardio exercising in December, and I believe that contributed to my two month plateau. Check out this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ling-chat.html

It may have more suggestions on what do to. I would also recommend shaking your diet up, don't eat the same things, or at the same times each day. More water, more tea, just do different things. Your body should bust through the plateau in no time. They are soooo frustrating, especially when you are in the middle of one. However, when the whoosh fairy comes through, it is sweet to leave plateau land behind. Good luck!
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

YES! shake it up. have you cooked protein meal at breakfast. For me I eat all day.
breakfast: protien drink
snack: salad (romaine lettuce only) with olive oil dressing
lunch: 2 cups veggies and IP packet of your choice
snack: salad again, as above
dinner: cooked protein 2 cups veggies
snack before bed (1 hour before bed) IP protein drink.

worked for me worth a try!
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #5  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks for the advice, I will try to switch things up. I've always had my protein in the evening so I can make meal and eat with the family. I'm going to switch it up starting tomorrow.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/133/125

Height: 5'1

Hi,

I hit a plateau a couple times when I had about 20 lbs to go. I still do now and I have about 5 to go. I would lose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs one week and then not lose for two weeks. You're doing great - don't get discouraged. I kind of eat all day too.

I tend to eat my protein meal at lunch. It works better for me. I also have my drinks in between meals - so I don't get hungry.

Breakfast IP ready made vanilla shake (really good in decaf coffee :-) )

Lunch - 5oz protein small plate of lettuce, vegetable ( usually mushrooms or kale - just because I really like it).

2- 3pm - ready made chocolate drink

6pm small plate of lettuce and vegetable

7-7:30pm ready made chocolate drink

I drink 8 - 10 8oz glasses of water. I drink sparkling water because I get really tired of regular water.

I so know how you feel. But, hang in there because it will move along. I really like the ready made chocolate and vanilla drinks - but they are a bit more expensive.

Good luck! It will move soon. I have lost 65 lbs since Sept 10, 2010. So I have had some really slow weeks. Its hard but just stick to it!
pkva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #7  
Lynn

S/C/G: 218/186/160

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=pkva1;3719155]Hi,

I hit a plateau a couple times when I had about 20 lbs to go. I still do now and I have about 5 to go. I would lose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs one week and then not lose for two weeks. You're doing great - don't get discouraged. I kind of eat all day too.

I think you ladies are onto something. The man who wrote Body for Life advocates eating several times a day. The times I make myself do that, I noticed the scale moves. Never thought about doing something like this for IP. Thanks for the tip!
rhondalynny is offline   Reply With Quote