Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 12:11 AM   #1  

Default Super-Simple Challenge

Hey! Lately I've been having trouble keeping track of my eating. I try to log everything into Fitday, but I often "cheat." I think that if I sneak in one little cookie or bite or sliver and don't log it, it won't count. Well, that method works fantastically until I get on the scale or try to put on my jeans!! Even worse--once I start to eat poorly I completely lose track and don't even record what I eat at all!! And then I wonder why I don't lose much weight!! So, does anyone think they can faithfully record all the foods they eat next week? That's it--if you eat it, write it down. It should NOT be that difficult, but (for me) it is. If I don't even have the self-control to take out a pencil and write down what I'm eating, how do I hope to have the self-control to avoid unhealthy foods?? So, does anyone else w/ the same problem want to join me? It's not even necessary to post what you've eaten for all to see (unless you want to), but just check in every day and let us know whether you have written everything down.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:52 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Purdue Girl!

You can count me in! At WW's she showed us what a piece of candy here, a cracker there and a sliver of this and that can add up to by days end and it wasn't pretty! And how do you go about counting the points?

I keep track of my exercise and the amoung of water I drink everyday but never what I eat and I think this would be good.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:39 AM   #3  

I log everything I eat into Fitday.com, b/c is quicker than writing it down. Plus I can see all the nutrient breakdown and it adds the calories for me. And when I'm not at my computer, I write down what I ate and put in the computer when I have time. Well, today (although I ate way too much, but that's another story) I was successful in logging everything that I ate. Even when I went crazy eating Easter candy, I left the wrappers out so I could count them and find out exactly how much damage I did!!! And, yep, just a bit here and there ADDS UP!!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:36 AM   #4  

I don't keep track what I eat, and I know I should. I'm going to go sign up @ the site you're at right now. And I'm up for the challenge as well!
Old 04-22-2003, 12:06 AM   #5  
One day at a time

Default Hi Ladies!

Just a quick note to say I DID start journaling tonight. I am doing the 3fatchicks journal, also I made my own WW's daily journal which I will keep in a notebook by my computer, easy access. It's time I get organized and be accountable. I NEED to know what I am eating on a daily basis.

So how are you ladies doing with your journals? I tried Fitday.com and have to say I didn't care much for it. For me, I have to see it on paper and going to yet another site is just too much, I spend enough time here! I think I am becoming addicted to 3fatchicks! Okay, just wanted to check in and say HI to everyone.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #6  

I signed up for fit day, but I have to see it all on paper too. Doesn't make sense to write it down twice. But I do like the way fitday is set up. I was sick all day yesterday, only ate one thing, hopefully today will be a better day.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:16 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Default Hi Ladies!

Hollie, sorry you are feeling under the weather. Hope that passes soon.

I tried Fitday.com and it seemed to be too much work for me. Not that it wouldn't be worth it because I will do just about anything to keep me on track. I was also going to write it in the 3fatchicks journal but I am writing down what I eat in my notebook and don't see a point in doing it twice. I'm going by WW's points and today I am off to a good start. I've had breakfast and lunch and have dinner planned so I have my points for the day and I won't use all of them so that is good.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. Have a wonderful day today!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:10 PM   #8  

LOL I signed up for the journal here too. But I bought a notebook yesterday and that seems to be going well for me. It's right there in front of my nose where I can see it all the time.

I'm feeling much better thanks, but I really need to jump back on the bandwagon tomorrow!!

I hope everyone is having a super duper day!!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #9  

Well, I did journal today! And I even journaled yesterday, when I didn't eat so well. Usually when I'm not eating well, I don't bother writing it down. It was a little scary though to see all those calories add up!! But at least I KNOW how many extra calories I eat so I can work them off! And I did do well today. I usually don't even write down on paper what I eat. I just put it right into fitday, and it automatically adds it up for me. But, I agree--I don't see much point in keeping more than one journal. Hope you're having a good day!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:30 AM   #10  

Default try again

I have been trying so hard and you people are right, a little bit adds up. I thought I was doing good and I gained a pound. I have walk every day, in fact I walk further now and that ding dong 1 pound found me. So I will try to use a journal, I have tried the fit day, I like it but do not get on everyday and tend to forget to go there. I go back to work on Monday, I have been laid off for 2 months so hopefully that will help. I up for the challenge.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:39 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies and WELCOME ESSEY!

Essey, don't let that one pound get ya down. It's happened to me a few times. I work my booty off walking and riding my bike, watch what I eat, drink my water and then see a gain, eeek! It's very frustrating but you have to just keep movin' on, you can't quit.

Hollie I have two note books that I keep on hand. One is for recording what I eat, the points, and exercise, oh and the water I drink and the other has recipes from WW's and all the other stuff from WW's, and inspirational stuff. I find that it helps me to read the inspirational and about others success.

I was going to record what I eat in the 3fatchicks journal but it takes up so much space and again I would be writing it twice and don't see the point. I keep my notebooks close by so if I don't already have my meals planned for the day I grab it and write down what I eat before I start eating or right after. That way I don't forget something.

Good for you PurdueGirl! it's those times when we go overboard that we really need to see in writing what we eat. And then start anew.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Closed Thread