Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #1  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Looking for an easy, tasty chicken marinade recipe

I know that a lot of people use italian dressing to marinade their chicken, but does any one have an easy, tasty homemade chicken marinade recipe?

Thanks!

Also, how long do you marinade your chicken?
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Call me crazy but I love Mustard Chicken.

I just squirt mustard over my chicken- then I add chopped up onion and garlic (as much or as little as you like) and then I cook the chicken with water- to get the broth out of it- and then you can top this along with the broth on rice or something You might want to add a tiny bit of salt if you still cook with salt (I don't).

I just add the chicken to a pot of water- enough to just cover the chicken, get it to a boil and then simmer until done. I keep the pot covered as well.

SOO good- mustard has a different taste when cooked and it's DIVINE!

I usually marinade this overnight since I cook as soon as I get home- but you don't even need to marinade the chicken this way and man now I'm craving it lol!

Last edited by beerab; 02-14-2011 at 01:30 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

One of my favorite marinades (not necessarily home made though) is just taking a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette and sticking the chicken in a zip lock bag with it over night. I personally prefer over night marinades because the meat can really take on the flavor, but a good hour or two can also suffice if you're low on time.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I love just lemon juice, minced garlic and black pepper. (also can add chopped rosemary, etc.), BUT, keep in mind if a marinade has acid in it, don't marinate for more than an hour or so or the chicken meat will be toughened by the acid.

I also use Montreal Chicken Seasoning and refrigerate for several hours. Taco seasoning works well. Greek seasoning, Old Bay. Lots of options. Mrs. Dash has alot of different flavors of salt free seasonings.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm too tired today to do anything complicated.

So I tossed in 3 lbs turkey legs (but you could do chicken) in the crock pot with a bottle of sesame teriyaki marinade on high for 3 hrs.

When it is done, I'll fork pull it into shreds, then serve with broccoli slaw in tortillas as wraps.

So in my case I didn't even bother waiting. I'm letting the crock pot do all the work.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #6  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! I can't wait to try them all
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

I like to make a sort of sweet-sour-spicy marinade that goes well with chicken or pork.

I mix a drizzle of olive oil, a little squeeze of honey, a bit of mustard, 1 clove of minced garlic, a little fresh or powered ginger, a squeeze of ketchup/tomato puree, the juice of 1 lemon or lime, 1 chopped chilli and salt and pepper.

None of my measurements are very precise and every time it comes out tasting slightly different, but always good! I just mix everything together well, chill for at least an hour if possible, then dry fry in a wok and serve it with stir-fried vegetables or rice noodles. It also tastes nice when oven-cooked, when it gets drier and stickier, a bit like a spicy BBQ flavour.
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote