Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Question The 4 hour Diet?

Anyone know what he uses to reduce the glycemic load after eating the once a week high carb meal? Cinnamon? Vinegar? ??? How many carbs a day is in the plan. I was only able to read some of the book and am curious
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Okay so I bought the book. there is no counting carbs or calories. It gives you a list of foods that you can eat "as much as you like". There are 3 categories proteins, legumes, and veggies. You should include one with each meal and only 3 to 4 meals a day.

For damage control on binge day (his words not mine) make the first meal 30 gms of protein and insoluble fiber (legumes). Drink grapefruit juice before second meal (binge meal). Then exercise throughout the binge. A little before binge meal and about 90 min after binge meal. Think air squats, wall push-ups and chest pulls with an exercise band. There is more like supplements but that would take a whole page to explain. If you are really interested then check the local library for a copy. Mine had it!

You can find all of the information online (with a little searching) didn't reveal anything you couldn't find on the internet. But that is the basics. Hope this helps.

There is a facebook page that has started. http://www.facebook.com/4hourbodyrec...app_2373072738 It has some recipes.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Thanks I had no idea the bing day was so much work I am going to check out the link you gave, I really do appreciate your help!!!
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #4  
IP start June 11, 2014

I started this plan last monday and have lost about 5 lbs pretty effortlessly. I really like it. For me, as crazy as this sounds, the legumes act like some kind of appetite suppressant and I am just plain not hungry throughout the day. And when it came time for my free day, I was just plain not interested in any of the things that I would normally crave. This plan also parallels the Body For Life plan in many aspects. I haven't been doing all the other crazy stuff he writes about. I have also read about his epic free days and heard about other people's epic free days like 8000 cals-mostly from men and still continuing to lose. He mentions that some women can't get away with doing this to that extreme. Even though he says you don't count calories, I have been counting and I counted on my free day and will continue to do so because that is what is working for me. I am happy eating this way and don't feel deprived, hungry, or jittery. And I can make things so that my husband and I can enjoy dinner together. I like knowing that I have a free day, so if I want something during the week, I tell myself to save it for sunday. Usually by the next day, I don't want whatever I was craving.
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #5  

The Damage Control chapter about binge day is my favorite part of the book. I've been following a similar diet (low calorie, Primal during the week, anything goes one day a week, usually on the weekend) and it has worked very well for me. I've been able to diet down to my target weight and maintain for several months now.
Fitness Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote