Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:59 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #327

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am heading off to bed and thought I would check in here first. It has been a long day and I feel like I spent most of it fixing food and cleaning up afterwards. I hate putting leftovers away! We had a rerun of the same tonight so now everything is either gone or in smaller containers yet.

Maggie -- I don't think there are enough of us to start a WW group at school. Only a couple of us have been regulars over time.....the rest come and go to lose their 10#s! I wish I would have been smart enough to do that many years ago!

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers! I hope to see more of you posting this week! We have to keep the thread going while Maggie makes her move to her new home.

See you tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Rainey days and Mondays get me down...........

GOOD MONDAY MORNING MAGNOLIAS

A start of another week after the holiday. I overate yesterday but now that is done I am back on program where I truly belong. I hear the sound of a chain saw from the gardener that is pruning one of those pineapple palm trees. Spruce up the place a bit down the row. I love those trees. We have so many different types of palms ~ those tall skinney ones are a hoot for some of them get quite crooked from the sea breezes that got to them when they were younger. The sea breeze hit one side then the east winds the other and the north did it's job also. They bend and sway. They are building a whole new bunch of very expensive houses near here along with a school right across from the brand new high school. They have planted the median strip of the highway with palms and lilles and other gorgeously blooming flowers. Really looks nice. They landscape the median strips and roadsides out here so intrestingly.

Have a lovely week flowers see you later.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!

It's a sunny day but so very windy! I have card club tonight; it's the last one of the season and we go out to eat first. Just what I need . . . more food!

Maggie -- The landscaping sounds beautiful. I ate ham yesterday and I can sure tell it today. Does Turn know he is moving to a new home? You will have a busy week with the end in sight.

I have to do a couple loads of laundry before I leave so best get moving. Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:12 PM   #4  

Hi Gals,

I didn't go to Canada, as you can see. The weather forecast left a great deal to be desired, so decided to go up at a later date.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter..........what a glorious time of year! My flowering crabapple just outside the window is in its full blossom and as is the dogwood, with the lilacs on their way. The blossoms seem to be lasting longer than usual for some reason, but we're not complaining!
I had lots of camp company in town, tho not at my house. Two of the teenaged boys went for a swim in the river, which just confirms what we've always known...........teenagers are nuts!

I'm in a real funk, and as a result have gained 10 lbs in the last month..........don't know whether the gain or the funk came first, but they're both in evidence now. I'm tired of being tied to WW mtgs twice a week, although I really like the folks I'm working with..........I think it's the memos that come from the main office that set me off.........and I know I'm the one who is being hurt by all this...........seems like a vicious circle.

Have to go put in some laundry........it seems endless! Just wanted to check in.

Fondly,
Bubs
Old 04-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a sunny day again today and very little wind for a change. My tulips are up but not open yet and the lilacs have leaves opening. I think spring might really be here at last!

Bubbles -- Move over and make room for me in your "FUNK!" I don't know what my problem is but all I want to do is eat. I know what to do, I just am not doing it and it's making me crazy! I know my spring/summer clothes will be tight so I don't even want to dig them out. I need a walking partner who will make me go even when I don't want to. And I need a cook who won't let me in the kitchen. And I need a week of NO commitments so I can get some of my "to do" list done. This coming weekend is already booked with a baby shower on Saturday and the Beth's birthday is tomorrow (#25!) and we are planning to be with family on Sunday to celebrate. I thought when my kids were grown and gone, my life would be kind of quiet and dull. Guess I should be thankful that it is not that way. By the way, I would NEVER EVER swim in a river. Maybe your rivers are different than in Iowa but I grew up with a river and we had lots of drownings and boat accidents. Enjoy your flowers and may tomorrow be a better, OP day for both of us!

Enough ranting! I have my crochet class tonight and must admit I practiced just a tiny bit this week. Guess I will go practice now!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers! Do something nice for yourself!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:07 PM   #6  

Hi Jean,

Our Greenbrier is the third largest/longest river in the state, but for the most part unnavigable because of being so shallow......maybe in a canoe or kayak. It's maybe 30 yards wide, and where we go, you can usually walk across it and not get wet above your waist.......and I'm only 5'4"..........I love it.......my favorite place to swim.

Gained another lb. this week...........what an ***. They were holding an OA meeting in the room adjacent to ours, so I popped my head in, and told them I was interested........they gave me their big book to read:~} It should be interesting.

Happy Humpday............are you on Spring Break, or was it last week? Our teachers are off this week and were lucky enough not to lose it due to the weather, as they'd been designated as vacation days There's no way the county could afford to pay everyone for an extra five days.

I'm outta here..........haven't even read this morning's paper.

Bubs
Old 04-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS
It is a cool, rainy day here in this part of the world. Two weeks since my fall and I am out of color and soreness. Thank God!

Had a nice birthday last week and a great Easter! That means that I overate but I am starting back on the straight and narrow again. I am in no hurry to lose great amounts but a steady lose, even in drips and drabs, will be acceptable.

MAGGIE Just wanted to say "Good Luck" with your move and we know you will be back in a losing mode once things have settled down. Looking forward to having you 'back on line' again, soon.

JEAN Each year our children get only one year older but I know, for me, it seems like I jump at least two for their one. Our youngest will turn 40 next month and if that isn't devistating I don't know what is.

BUBS Spring is just around the corner here as well as down in WVA. It is just hiding more up here. May will soon be here and that is when I really believe in Spring.

Gloria in MA....listening to the dryer call my name....off to housework.

Last edited by nanacas; 04-23-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:44 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun has disappeared and it is cooling down outside. The wind is still whipping everything around so I suppose the storm clouds are on their way. Actually, I'd rather have it a little cooler to finish out the school year.

Bubbles -- I have a friend who goes to OA and I have thought about it. The only meeting in town meets during the day so that lets me out during the school year. Maybe it would help me during the summer months though. At least you got on the scale, I didn't even have the nerve to do that! What is wrong with us! I get so mad at myself but then I go ahead and eat anyway! We had our spring break in March and then Good Friday off for Easter. Next year we will have the whole week off before Easter; I'm not sure who decides the calendar but I think the sports have alot to do with it. Someone said we will get two full weeks and three weekends at Christmas so that will be nice.

Gloria -- Happy Birthday a little late! What is the official day? I'm glad you are back to normal after your fall -- you were so lucky! Our son will turn 30 in Sept., on our 36th anniversary, and our daughter turns 25 tomorrow. As I look back I wonder where the years went. Then I wonder if I would have done anything differently knowing what I know now. Probably not.

I need to pick up the kitchen before I figure out what is for supper tonight. I have been invited to a Pampered Chef party put on by a "gay" guy. One of the gals I play cards with works with him and agreed to host a party. Our whole card club is going just to meet him.

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-23-2003, 06:56 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Humpday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes for my upcoming move. I will be without internet connection for about 2 weeks and I will be suffering from withdrawal. I will certainly miss ya'all.

OK I'll bite ~ what does OA stand for? Obnoxious Anon, Outrageous Anon, Onerous Anon, Old-Fashioned Anon, Olfactory Anon Or is it Overeaters Anon? What a concept.

Have a lovely Humpday everyone.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:58 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is gorgeous top down weather but I didn't put the top down today because one of the back windows refused to roll down. I never drive it with the windows up with the top down for it just looks tackie that way is how I feel about it. To each his own. It will be fixed tomorrow though because it is time for it's oil change and all this work is covered and won't cost a cent. They even pick the car up and deliver it.

The Iron Monster showed me down a pound this day which makes me very happy for it shows that my hard work of this past week paid off. Sometimes after having had such a bad week the week before it won't show a loss for another week but it did this time and that is terrific in my book.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:26 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's been a cold, rainy day here; no heat at school but the furnace has been running off and on tonight! Tomorrow is the end of another week and the days continue to fly by.

Maggie -- A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on another pound that is gone forever! We will be anxious to have you back online again. Hope your move goes smoothly and without any problems.

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Arrow Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Another beautiful Spring day here. The flowers everywere just look so good ~ people sure do know how to landscape their yards and they look like magazine pictures in how to books.

Got my Mustang in the shop today for it's check up ~ and wouldn't you know it ~ the rear window works now so they don't know why it didn't work the other day.

This is my last day with internet service here and I don't know when the plug will be pulled this day. See you all when I get a new provider after our move next month. Be good and let's see some weight loss when I get back.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:42 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's an absolutely beautiful day in my corner of the world! Sun's out and NO wind . . . wonderful! My work week is officially done except I have plenty to do here at home.

Maggie -- Have a safe move. We will miss you while you are gone! I hope that maybe we might gain some new flowers while you are gone.

DH is waiting for me so I need to get a move on. We are going to get the boat out of storage and get it ready to sell. Have a nice weekend!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:42 AM   #14  

Happy Weekend one and all,

Jean, you can send some of that weather this way anytime. It's been cold and wet all week. However, I bought a flat of Johnny Jump Ups the other day, and haven't gotten them planted yet, so at least they're OK. The Viburnum(sp?) has smelled scrumptious this year.........I'd like to buy some if I could figure out where to put it.

Off to a Dog Show with some friends...........should be fun.
Maggie,
Go to a library and use their computer until you get back on line We'll miss you.

My friend who went to Buffalo last week said they had 2" of snow one day. She also said people were being stopped at the border who were trying to get to the US from Canada, so maybe it's just as well that I stayed home.

Have a good weekend,
Bubs
Old 04-27-2003, 09:06 PM   #15  

Good Evening, Flowers!
We had another nice day today . . . windy as usual though. We made the trip to take the family out to eat for our daughter's birthday. Yesterday, at a shower, Ian was the star and he was at his best again today. He is such a ham and performs for whomever is willing to watch.

Now I need to think about getting ready for another week with the troops. I think it will be a normal schedule type week but we never know for sure. In May, it seems like there is a schedule change of some sort, every week. Our seniors are done May 16th and it seems so quiet with 150 less students in the halls.

Hope you all have a great week! Be sure to post so that Maggie will have something to read when she is back online again.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Closed Thread