Old 02-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Default Water's Stupid :P

So this is my temper tantrum!

I gained 4lbs in 2 days. I know it's water, because I wasn't drinking any, then I started drinking my 2 litres a day, and poof, a bunch of weight packed on. So fair enough, I get it...when the heck is the scale going to let those 4lbs go????

I have been eating healthy, gone to the gym and worked out a few times and am drinking my 2 litres of water a day. Previous to a minor break/binge I was losing almost 1lb a day just by watching what I ate...I want those days back! Or at least some loss!

Stupid water...

But seriously, is that weight ever going to go away? Its only been like 3 days, but still! It's a little disheartening! LOL
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Watch your salt intake too. Water weight should go down within about 2-4 days, usually.

Many of us tend to see a new low, gain up a few pounds, then whoosh to another new low.

And you're unlikely to lose a pound a day much longer. It's ok. Any loss is great!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

I agree, any loss is great. I know the 1lb a day is a short lived thing, but seeing the scale move so much at a time is such wonderful motivation! It's a great way to get started. At least for me, I'm the kind of person who needs to see results right off. I did, now I will be ok with a slower loss.

Watch salt....ok, will do.

Thank you muchly!!
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 363/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Thank you for posting this! I feel the same way! I hit 329 - then on Friday 334! What the f, gee? Calories in check water well not the best but 6 cups a day. I'm still frustrated! We can do this but gosh darn this is tough!
Mrsralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #5  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I weigh myself everyday and I just look at trends. It's less taxing on the mind if you see an entire week over two days. It's impossible to gain 4lbs of fat in two days so don't stress out too much! Water is good and I'd rather have water weight than nothing. Just stick to your plan and keep your weight on the background. The less focused you are on being upset over fluctuations in hydration levels, the more focused you'll be on feeling good.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote