Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:42 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #73

Stay at home Mom's #73

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #72 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 04-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Well, I am back. I had to use the 'puker to edit a letter for my neighbor, and I thought I'd stop by and say hello.
I did get a walk in- 35 minutes- but I must admit I am not feeling myself at all. Sort of sluggish.....run down.......guess I am shifting into PMS mode right now. My eating has been off too- and because I am not eating all the right stuff I can feel that also.

We are all going to the movies tonight to see Holes. Ds has read the book- and the review in the paper referred to the movie as the best since Spy Kids- which I thought was a great movie for a family. I'm looking foward to seeing it (it will also get Dh off my back- he is pushing to do something and I just want to coccoon with a good book......)

Guess I'd better go and finish this editing job. Hope to hear from all of you soon!
Ginny
Old 04-18-2003, 04:43 PM   #3  
One day at a time.

Hello~

Ginny, we had the same idea, we're going to dinner and a movie tonight, but I'm not sure what we'll be seeing yet? I'm sorry that PMS is getting you down, but don't worry, you'll be back to yourself in no time! Just take care, and pamper yourself a little!!!

As for me, it's been a long boring day, but Dh will be home from his fishing tournament soon, and then we'll all get ready to go out! I'm feel alright, just tired as usual.

I hope you all have a beautiful and happy Easter!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Oh! Can I go to the movies with you two!!? PLease?? lol. I haven't been to the theater since the last Star Trek Movie came out. There are so many things I want to see but my little ones don't have the patience to sit through a whole movie yet. O-well...
Ginny, I hope you get your eating back on track so that you feel a little better.
Mel, did your husband do well at the tournament? I have been craving a fish fry for some time now but we can't seem to catch anything worth keeping.
Well, my day has been a very long yet nice one. My SIL came over to visit for the day with her two kids ( 6yrs and 7 months old) and we had a nice time. Then my in laws came for dinner (this has been the first time they have come for dinner since we moved here) and so it turned out to be a nice evening. I didn't get a nap in which I am really feeling now and I have to get up very early to hit that town wide yard sale tomorrow... they say it's suppose to rain but lets hope alot of the people have garages and such so that there will still be sales. I'm looking forward to it actually. But anyway, that is my day. I'm very tired now so I'll chat with you ladies tomorrow sometime! Have a great weekend!!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #5  

oh! I also wanted to update you about my cousin, who's baby died at 21 weeks along. She gave birth to her daughter on wednesday. She was 8.4 oz and 7 inches long. She got to hold her and even got plastered images of her little feet and hands which I thought was nice of the hospital to do. They cremated her today and will be holding a small service for her soon. The family is coping well (as well as to be expected) and just dealing with things day to day. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know. G'nite.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:31 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!
Melissa, did you and Dh get to the movies???? And dinner too?
How did he do in the fishing tournament?

Spryng, sounds like your cousin is making the best of an awful situation- and the hospital is sensitive to her plight. I hope that she is doing ok. And sounds like you had a great day.

Gotta scoot, Dd just called from Fla. Happy Easter.
Ginny
Old 04-21-2003, 12:55 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
I was surprised to see noone else has been here.......... so I'll keep myself company here! I hope that everyone is ok, and just enjoying life~ and too busy to post!
Actually I came online to get some info and of course I had to stop by and say hello. I'll keep this short.

Dd is having a blast in Florida. They won their first game- she struck out 17 at bats- which was a record for this years "spring training" at Disney World sports, so she was given a softball personally autographed by Mickey himself!!!! I am happy for her and proud of her too. She sounds great on the phone-and although she does miss us (or so she says ) the trip has been fun for her.

Easter was interesting. A fairly typical stressful day with MIL and FIL- plus my BIL refused to show up ( a wise man he is!)- so it was a bit wierd. Dh of course got screwy with them.........oh, life is too short to spend the rest of my day bellyachin' about them.
Thankfully it is over......and hopefully we will not have to see them until Mother's day. You can tell how interesting it was........I earned 4 activity points !!!!!! (lots of walking yesterday). But I have eaten some candy.......not too much and I am trying to be such a good girl today. The WI Wednesday looms........
Gotta go. Stop in and say hello!!!! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 04-21-2003, 02:28 PM   #8  

Hi!
I'm glad your daughter is having a blast Ginny! Sounds lots of fun!
My weekend has been bitter sweet. Saturday was GREAT! I did the town wide yard sale ALL day long (I paid for it the next day) We got tons of baby clothes for our little one to be. I'm so glad. I was really beginning to worry that he was going to arrive and be naked. I found the majority at a yard sale that was "nothing" but infant boy clothes, the lady there had triplet boys! So needless to say she had alot to get rid of, lucky me!! lol. I racked up on onsies, sleepers, and several outfits that still had the tags on them and most of them were pricey brands like baby gap and such. So I felt like I had won the lottery. It was a great day. My Dh ended up getting the night off work, his cousin took the kids for the day so we ran around town like a couple of teenagers, it was great. We ate dinner with his parents and everything was good. OK... so sunday arrives. I woke up so sore and tired... I didn't ge to go to church because I was so sore... so I did some stretching exercises and felt better by 11 am or so. So we decided to go to DH's parents house for lunch. Was this a mistake?? Hindsight is always 20/20 right? We get there and when his mom gets home she comes straight inside to lay into me about something really stupid. It hurt my feelings and I crumbled immediately. My dh saw what happened and was really angry. I think some of you know the tension my MIL and I have had. I really thought we had worked past it but I guess not. But my dh is usually one to not "rock the boat" but yesterday he was fit to be tide and laid right back into her. It was a nasty fight... but one that needed to happen if you know what I mean. Everything was finally laid out on the table for all to see and we knew how to proceed. She harbors things for so long and then likes to bring them up all at once... which is emotionally exhausting to say the least. She brought up things from 3 years ago etc, so many tears, and so many hurt feelings... but in the end (yes there was an end) we talked and talked and I really think we worked things out. Hopefully this will never happen again. Anyway... the evening turned out to be a nice one. We had a great lunch and played a really fun family game and all that... so it was bitter sweet. Sometimes fights just NEED to happen but can the rest wait until AFTER this baby gets here?? I don't want to end of delivering early.
Anyway, that was my weekend. Today I have just been lounging around the house. I'm cleaning out the fridge sometime today but that is all I have planned. I hope everyone had a great weekend and their week is starting out great!
Oh I am 31 weeks today so that is a reason to smile!! just 9 more (or less) to go!
Old 04-21-2003, 10:10 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Spryng~ it sure sounds as though you had a productive weekend- getting all the clothes for the baby and well even the awful dispute with MIL. I give Dh a ton of credit for standing by you, my Dh does not always do that with me no matter how wrong MIL might be. But that story is for another day........ I am happy for you, getting the air cleared and Lord willing a more healthy relationship with MIL. The good news is that within your family, an effort is made to hear and communicate views, and that is rare. I am glad that the day ended happy too. Congrats on making 31 weeks!!!!!!

Not much else is new here. I did get a 2 point walk/run during Dd's soccer practice today. And I finished up well within my points range (actually a little bit low, but I was a little bit over on Saturday). Gosh, these weigh ins really keep me honest, otherwise I would procrastinate getting back OP and not lose an ounce. Tomorrow, we are going to visit my Dm~ her cast is taken off tomorrow and she is happy about that. I actually got my closet cleaned today- and gave it a fresh coat of paint too. It looks so much better, I can actually find stuff!!!

I'm starting to become worried about all our MIA's- Jackie, Michele, Karen, Melissa and our new friend Deb. Hope that everyone is ok!

Oh, BTW, last week I went to the Dr (routine stuff) and asked her about my weight. This week I get to pick my goal weight. I had asked the other Dr last year where he wanted me (when I was about 150#) and he thought another 10# off (not knowing how much I weighed, just going by appearance). Well, she told me 130# - I'll have to chat with the WW leader about that!!!!!
I have considered going for the average of 135#. It's just that I have been 130#- look pretty good at that weight- and am able to wear size 8-10 clothes. I am just afraid that it is not practical for me to maintain. I really had to watch it to keep that weight when I was 25........and quite a few years and 3 kids later I don't know about 130#.
Well, I have blabbered enough today. Until tomorrow....
Ginny
Old 04-21-2003, 10:24 PM   #10  

Good evening!
Ginny I feel like you do... that everyone is MIA. But I'm here with you so you don't feel like you are talking to yourself.
Sounds like WW is keeping you honest! Your weigh in wednesday will be another good one. But I'm with you... if 135 was hard to maintain at 25 then it's going to be even harder now. But I'm sure your WW leader will have some good pointers on goal weight and all that. And I have a question... was your WW leader a fellow WW dieter?? Is she at her goal weight too? Just curious.
Well, today has been a good one for me. My dh got off work early and mowed the lawn and all that and then took us out to dinner. It was very nice. So now I'm full and happy and tired so I am off to bed. I hope to see more posts tomorrow. G'nite!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:27 AM   #11  
One day at a time.

Hi there!

I'm here, silly me, forgot to subscribe to the new thread, so I haven't been getting the emails!?! DUH!
Anyway, We're doing fine and had a nice quiet family Easter.
As for us going to dinner and a movie Friday night, it was so... great to get out of the house for a change! We saw the new Vin Diesel movie, "A Man Apart" and went to our favorite Mexican rest. to eat! Also, Dh didn't place in his tournament, but he did catch a couple of nice fish, so he was happy!

Well, I'm sorry I didn't get personal, but I'll be back later. Right now I'm going get ready to work on my baby registry at Walmart! Yeah!!

Have a good day, and I'll be back later!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:17 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, every once in a while I have a tough time sleeping and and decide to go online until I poop out. Lucky you!!!
But it is good to see some posts.

Spryng- sounds like you had a nice day! Great that Dh came home early and took your family out for dinner. (don't have to worry about who does the dishes that way ). Hopefully you got a great night's rest and today is a good one for you too!
To answer your question, I think all WW leaders are former members and have to have been on the program themselves. Laura (my WW group leader) frequently brings in a picture of herself some 40# heavier. One of the things that makes her so efffective is that a lot of what she tells us really reflects a "been there, done that" approach. All of the helpers at the meetings are WW members (who are within 10# of their goal weight or at goal) so there are many understanding people. What was that old Beatles song- "I get by with a little help from my friends"!
We actually sang that at one meeting. Sounds corny.....but Laura is so outgoing.....and then there are a few other nut cases there (present company included) that it worked.

Melissa-so, are you all set with the baby registry? How exciting!
Sounds like you had a nice peaceful Easter- which sounds great.
(mine was anything but peaceful with inlaws and the after effects are still reverberating) Did you like "A Man Apart"? Glad that Dh caught some nice fish.... at least enough to make him happy. Fishing is so peaceful and fun (as long as there is some action out there) Do you ever join him?

We went to my Dm's today. (actually it was yesterday) Her cast came off Monday am- she was happy about that and for the most part, the visit went well. She was in a good mood- and the kids and I got some yard work done for her. Now I am suffering the effects of some awful allergies......I love my mom but she is the worlds worst housekeeper. She cleans....but I seriously doubt that most rooms have been taken apart and deep cleaned (behind/under furniture etc) in many years. There is some prehistoric dust in there........ and all the antihistamines in the world can't spare me from a miserable allergy day. So, that is what I am suffering from now sniff, sniff....... Ds and Dd did their share of sneezing too- but are at least sleeping. Anyway- the visit went well. Dm was cheerful and upbeat. The kids got a little crabby (not too much for them to do there) but still were ok.

Dd called Dd at work from Florida. She is still doing fine- and despite a few trouble makers on her team having a good time. My BIL and SIL (who live in Fla) saw her game yesterday, so I'll call them later to see how she was doing.
Got my walk in - actually 40 minutes of Leslie Sansone- and my eating was pretty good. Now I am just dealing with a wee bit of PMS and water retention. Nothing too awful.
Well, the eternal blabbermouth here is getting tired so I'm going to head upstairs and try to get some sleep.
I'll check in after my WI. See ya later!
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 04-23-2003 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:32 AM   #13  

Good morning all!
Mel I am so glad you are feeling well and I hope you enjoyed that mexican food! My DH has been wanting to see the A Man Apart movie too. I like Vin Diesel (yummy lol) but this seems like a typical role for him. He's being stereo typed into the macho guy and plays nothing else... was this movie the same?
Today I am cleaning the house. I didn't do anything yesterday, was just too tired and my refridgerator, and kitchen is still screaming my name. I did get an early baby shower gift yesterday which was very nice, a brand new 5 drawer dresser was delivered from my DH's great aunt. It's white with gold handles on the drawers, very pretty. The baby really needed a dresser so it's all in good timing. Today I have to find a spot in my ds's room for it and then I will start to put away the baby clothes I have already. But first I have to get some energy. All I want to do anymore is rest and chomp on ice... nothing else. But my house is suffering from it lately. So please send some "nesting" energy my way so I can get things done!! lol.
OK, I'm getting off here. I'll check in with you all later!
Old 04-23-2003, 01:24 PM   #14  
One day at a time.

Hello,

Wow, Spryng, I'm with you~I could sure use some nesting energy! I am just soo... tired!?! Well, we did have a good time Friday night, and enjoyed being out and about. Dinner was good, and the movie was good too. As for Vin Diesel (I agree with the Yummy!) I liked the movie, but he still played the tough guy part, but in a much better way.

Ginny, yes~I'm happy to say that I've done all of the baby registries, and now I'm just impatiently awaiting my shower!!! I did pick up the mattress for the crib, and a cute photo album that matches my baby book. But I'll be so excited when we finally know the sex, because I keep seeing so many cute little outfits that I want to buy! Just 2 more weeks until the next ultrasound, so it'll be here before we know it!

I'm feeling pretty good, other than being so tired, and having a few BH contractions. Trying to get some clothes and a little house work done, cause I haven't done much in that dept. lately.

Ginny I hope you have a great weigh in!

I'll check in later!
Old 04-23-2003, 02:12 PM   #15  

Here I am again! lol
ok, I didn't get that energy fix I needed but I did attack the kitchen. Boy did it need it. I had to clean out the fridge because there has been a bad smell in there lately and I wasn't sure where it was coming from so I just cleaned it out and bleached everything and now it's 1000% better! I did everything but mop, my DH does that for me. It really kills my back to sweep and mop. So now all I have left to do is re-pick up the living room... pick up the kids rooms and voila! done. Sounds easy but I'm pooped. I'm going to try and get a nap in and see if I feel like cleaning more when I get up. But the biggest task is done at least.
Have you been thinking about names yet Mel? I kow you mentioned you felt like you might be having a boy, is that feeling still there? Is that what both you and your dh want? 2 more weeks must feel like an eternity to you right now... my midiwfe appointment is a week from today... it seems like it is sneaking up on me! Time is starting to really fly, does it feel like that for you?
Well, Misty I am really wondering about you lately. I can't wait to find out how far along you are and your due date etc, please please post!
Gotta go now... my bed awaits! lol
Closed Thread