S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Hawt-est Biker Chicks

Ok here is our new thread - man did we ever get over our 500
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/223/145

Height: 5'6

It is so awesome to see this thread on here! One of my biggest insecurities was ( in the warmer weather ) getting on the back of the bike. I hate how I feel bout everyone behind me looking at my lovehandles lol! But I'm working on it!
KellBell135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Welcome KellBell. Hi gals. I'am back on the wagon so far so good. I will cheat on new years day, but I will try to not eat to much. The weather has been real nice the last few days. I went for a nice walk, it was 25 out.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Morning everyone! Today is my 1st day back to work. Work today & tomorow then off on Friday. What a hard week! Not sure if I will be working on Monday or not. I am getting more dental work done on Tuesday. I want to get some done before the new job starts. I might be able to "double dip" on the dental work. From what I read of the new job insurance plan we would be stupid for me not to go on it. So this dental work will be on DH plan & anything else would be on the new job plan. We will see how I do. I hate dentist.

Woke up this morning & my body was telling me that I need to get back on track. I had the shakes like I used to get all the time when I ate too much bad foods. Its been a long time since I had those shakes & I do not like them one bit. I did not check my sugar levels, I should have. I am now curious as to what they were.

Hope everyone is doing well & has a good day!

Last edited by tymaboy; 12-29-2010 at 09:05 AM.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #5  

I just got back from a nice walk, I walked about 3 miles, and up 2 big hills, and it is still about 25 out. I walked on a dirt road and a black top road and only had 1 car drive past me. It would not be good if something was to ever happen to me when I was walking. I do take a cell phone, but have bad cell service. I can't wait for spring to come so I can ride again.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #6  

Oh Spring - can't wait here either

Welcome to our thread KellBell it does say chicks but we do have a guy on here as well- who by the way is doing a super job on his exercising and walking outside when it is 25 degrees you are defiantly motivated

Tymaboy when do you start your new job? I have my 6 month check up tomorrow at 3 but i am thinking that it should be all good- hopefully
Ya I need to get back on track 100% but I know that Friday night will not be on track at all so come Saturday it is ON - I haven't been going way overboard but haven't been totally watching it either-Holidays are not good for weightloss

Ok well hope everyone has a great Thursday
Old 12-30-2010, 07:13 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, thanks for starting the new thread Reda, and welcome KellBell!

Aaron, wow you are motivated, I guess 25 with no wind would be do-able You must live in a remote area! I don't have cell service either in our town but at least we have a few more cars (and farm trucks, tractors) going by than that.

Holidays are NOT good for weight loss, they are hard enough to try to maintain., ugh!

tymaboy, congrats again on the new job, and congrats on a dental plan!!!

Hi to Tammy, and Colleen. Colleen, thanks for your input on the bike insurance company.

I had yesterday off, now I have to work the next 5 days. My knee has been hurting agian, not good when you are on your feet all day. Ibuprofen helps.

have a great day
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/223/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm with those of you who have had a hard time keeping on track for the holidays. I'll be glad when the new year begins and this holiday season is behind us.
KellBell135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell135 View Post
It is so awesome to see this thread on here! One of my biggest insecurities was ( in the warmer weather ) getting on the back of the bike. I hate how I feel bout everyone behind me looking at my lovehandles lol! But I'm working on it!
You know whenever I saw someone (still do) on a bike I never noticed their love handles. I'm always envey that they are on a bike & I'm not. I think I may be one of those people who get the bike out the 1st chance they get now.

Today is one of those days that I am both happy but yet sad as well. Today is the last day my daycare is open. My daycare parents finally found a new daycare & asked if it was better if this was the last week instead of next week since next week is the new year. I have had daycare boy since he was 7 months, he will be 3 next month. With today being my last day I now have a whole week off that I will clean up & get rid of some of the daycare items. It will be very odd that we have our house to ourselves again.

Last edited by tymaboy; 12-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #10  

Yes the wind was blowing,not real hard. No walking today,it is raining and the roads are slippery.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:23 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone tymaboy, that is a big transition isn't it. And you had that boy for so long! Big changes. I hope its a smooth transition for you.

KellBell, I also don't think about size or shape of people on bikes, I just know they are for being on a bike

Aaron, wouldn't it be nice to have dry smooth walking surfaces anywhere, anytime of year! I get back to walking in April, and do it for about 2 months.

Hi Reda, Colleen, and Tammy

today is my second day of working 6 days in a row The store is pulling in the bucks but it is hard work. And it sux that my knee just hurts almost all the time. Been taking lots of advil for it.

Yesterday a co-worker had to be reprimanded because she uses her cell phone to talk and text to her 3 kids (ages 15, 16 and 20) ALL the time, even when she is cashing a customer out. So because she was distracted (I even remember glancing over at her, thinking how awful it was that she was doing personal phone calls while ringing people out) she didn't charge a snooty Montreal lady $24 for something.

My boss FREAKED (understandably) and quietly confronted her about it when there was a quiet moment in the store. The co-worker adamantly refused to believe it, just kept insisting the remembered keying in the $24 . We have the cash register journal tape to confirm it, and she just keeps denying it. She says she HAS to have her phone to keep track of her kids, get them rides, etc. And just did not accept that maybe she made a mistake.

I would like the boss to lay down the law and say NO cell phone use. That her kids can call the store number if there is an emergency. Because it is unfair that there are no consequences there, when an employee doesn't do what they are supposed to do, as opposed to those who do (me, the shining angel, lol) But still.

OK I've got to get doing things, I'm supposed to go into work a half hour earlier, ugh!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Happy New Year..... almost.

Welcome KellBell. Btw, I don't notice other biker's love handles either.

I am glad to see the holidays go..... I have got to get back on track before I end up in serious trouble. After tonight at work I will have to hang a sign around my neck "DO NOT FEED THE TAMMY". It is gonna be rough for a few days but it will be worth it.

Tymaboy, I am sure it was sad for you to have to clean the daycare stuff out..... but glad you got another job.

Holly, I agree with the cell phone usage.

CC, Did I read that you are going for your 6 month at your job already? Wow, it does not seem like that long ago. Time flies. Lol.... Btw, I LOVE your Harley jacket!

Colleen, How are you girl? I am soooo glad your DH is okay. He had someone looking out for him for sure!

Leatherman, good to see your motivation is back. Can you share with me? Lo.

Okay..... as we all know New Years is for resolution.... and this year as with the others I have to resolve to lose weight...... but my body is telling me now more than ever it is not about the pounds...... it is about how I feel. This little "free ranging" phase I have been on has made me feel like SHAT! I was reading a quote the other day..... either you want a changed body or you don't..... it is that simple. So, I decided this year I am not going to whine about my food choices.... I am going to treat my body better..... feed it what it needs.... not what I want.... and we will see how that goes. It may only last 12 hours..... but if it does.... there is no one to blame but me and no magic answer besides DO IT..... So here I go..... 2 full time jobs and eating to fuel my body instead of what I want or what is quick...... Ready, Set, GO!

I hope you all have a safe New Year's Eve and we all have the best 2011 possible. Thanks for being there for me y'all!

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

DH feels like he was hit by a semi now! 3 or 4 days made him feel like ICK!
He asked me not to post pictures on Facebook, and I suppose that means here too. The cab of the truck was completely knocked from the truck, with him inside, to the median! Seatbelts are good things...probably what saved his life. 5 of 7 support beams that hold the truck together are broken, the engine is twisted, the front end and hood is in itty bitty peices... He's having lots of interesting thoughts and great ideas for organizing the truck so stuff isn't flying around in an accident. Might be his New Year's resolution. ?

We are going to continue as planned with our progressive dinner tomorrow. I'm cheating though, and buying fried chicken on the way to our house for the meal! Will also make cheese taters and beans. It's about fun--not stressing about cooking right?!

Nice resolution Tammy. Good luck! Sounds great!

Welcome Kellbell.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Stay safe!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #14  

Hello - Just wanted to drop in real quick and say

Happy New Years

Finally went and bought our new bed today in a winter storm but needed to get it done while we were both home only had to drive 30 miles

Well gotta get to cooking for our get together tonight before hitting the town so i will catch up with some personals later or tomorrow
Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #15  

Colleen- sounds like your dh had his angel working overtime! He sounds very lucky