Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

Talking The Every Day ~ Any Workout Challenge! COME ONE COME ALL!

Hello everyone! I am new to these boards and WOW they are huge and it's hard to find exactly what I am looking for, hence starting a new thread.

I will start by saying I LOVE beachbody workouts and workout dvds in general. I have Hip Hop Abs, Tae Bo, Turbo Jams, Turbo Fire, Bender Ball, Yoga Journals, Rodney Yee, Shiva Rhea yoga, pilates, Resistance bands, p90x, The firm, various dances, good old fashioned aerobics, weights, Biggest Loser workouts, Brazillian Butt Lift, Yoga Booty Ballet, Charlean Extreme, SLim in 6, 10 minute series and well, you name it... I got it!

As you can see, it would be tough to decide what 90 day schedule to stick with and therefore, I am just happy to be burning calories, no matter what workout is doing it for me!

I am absolutely not a BB coach! I say this because I see it's a big deal on the boards. I am glad it is because I can't stand the harassment of always being asked to "join" simply because I like to workout, see positive results for myself and others and like to reach 'the goal' (whatever that may be)!

So, if you are looking to lose weight without the stresses of any particular schedule, but instead want to celebrate each workout on a day to day (some 5+ times a week) basis, let's do it together! And I do mean CELEBRATE! LIFE IS MEANT TO BE CELEBRATED PEOPLE!

I figure the basics will be discussed:
Food for the day, water intake, monthly measurements, weekly weigh ins and what workouts I did/calories burned, plus general feelings about all of the above as changing one's lifestyle, body and mind does bring up emotions!!!!!

Please come on this journey with me or just view from afar if too shy. I hope I motivate some of you or even just one of you! Please jump in at any time! It is a scientific fact that having a forum like this where you know people and discuss goals/habits/heartaches helps you stick to your plan.

Together, we can do it!!!!

NAMASTE
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #2  

As a quick way to start here is a basic run down of today:

Workouts:
Turbo Fire 30
Core Yoga 20
Bikram Yoga 90

I don't feel like listing all my food, but I will start that tomorrow as it's pretty much the same!

Good night!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #3  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Kim,

What a great positive post! I too play workout DVD pick and mix each day, and so far, it's keeping the boredom at bay and working for me

I'm a proper beginner, and my cardio level is almost non existent, so after too much toning yesterday, my obliques are giving me **** today, and after trying to do BL weight loss yoga cos I thought it'd be more chilled out. But, how wrong was I?! My sides couldn't take it, so instead of any toning/resistance/stretching work outs, I did my first day on the couch to 5km running plan, which was fun!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #4  

Taking Control- Way to celebrate doing a workout, listening to your body and realizing you needed to switch it up and then doing something else!

I have so had the same experience which is why doing plans you follow are a pain to me! Sometimes, quite figuratively! I just did a pretty crazy leg/glutes routine and I was so sore that I had to stop cardio all together and basically just do various stretches/yoga and pilates. But, as I say to my friends who want to lose weight, "YOU JUST GOTTA MOOOOOOVE IT AROUND!" (This saying is accompanied by a Hula hoop motion!

SOOOO MY PLAN FOR THE DAY:

Breakfast: Eggs Ranchero Bowl! 3 eggs, Vegan cheese, Cilantro, Black Beans, onions topped with avocados and tomatoes. 10 oz of black choc/hazelnut coffe

Lunch: Quinoa and Craisons with ALmond Milk and Grapefruit (It's Citrus season!)

Snacks: Raw Nuts and a banana or apple

Dinner pre-Bikram: Big Salad (Romaine, Spinach, Mixed Greens, onions, tomatoes, avocados, black beans, hard boiled egg, olive oil/vinegar and Rosemary Thyme Roll

After Bikram: Dried coconut and v8 for electrolytes!

Workouts:
Brazillian Buttlift High and Tight (55 minutes- ouch!)
Yoga Vinyasa Fun Flow
Bikram Yoga 90 minutes

WE CAN DO IT! Have an awesome day EVERYONE!

TIP OF THE DAY: I do a weigh and more importantly measurement check on the first of every month! It's amazing that while the scale my only move 5 pounds or sometimes not at all, my body has lost inches all over! I recommend a measuring tape for all of you who don't have one! It's a great way to keep motivated and reward yourself! CELEBRATE!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/127/118

Height: 5'2

Hey kim! I love the motivation I have gotten off this site...and I have only just started to read through everything...there are a lot of amazing people on here.

With that being said I would love to jump in this forum...I don't know what exercise I will be doing today as of yet simply because I exercise in the afternoon...after work...so I will post that after.

specialk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialk85 View Post
Hey kim! I love the motivation I have gotten off this site...and I have only just started to read through everything...there are a lot of amazing people on here.

With that being said I would love to jump in this forum...I don't know what exercise I will be doing today as of yet simply because I exercise in the afternoon...after work...so I will post that after.

HI Speecialk85! Yes, yes I know what you mean! These forums are massive and I want to get to know people and motivate each other! Some of the threads are very cool/inspiring, but there are some 200 posts and I can't keep up with all that! LOL So yes, come along.

Post what you want! The important thing is to just DO SOMETHING. Even on days I don't get a workout in, I might do pushups (I HATE PUSHUPS! LOL) or some sit ups while letting my face mask dry... My favorite way to burn some quick calories is to put on some great upbeat dance music and dance my little butt of like I'm in a club! LOL I have used my heart rate monitor to some specific songs and I can burn almost 50 calories in 4 minutes and 56 seconds! LOL TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #7  

Hi Kim

Your post is very uplifting and motivating.
I saw a commercial for the Brazillian butt lift, and that is what I need. Currently, I am using Jillian Michaels dvd for 30 day shred. I also try to mix things up a bit, with other dvd's.

Once, I can get my eating on track, I should see the results I want.It will help me a lot to be about to hold myself accountable with my eating, by checking in here.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #8  

LittleBumbleBee- Awesome for you with doing the 30 day shred! I totally have that workout too! I can do it on and off for about a week, but when I was trying to do it the whole way through, my body just got so used to it. Also, by the second set or whatever, me knees were shot! Yes, check in here or just read, whatever you want! BBLift is awesome, I just did a routine, but DANG it's hard. I am going to be sore tomorrow. Or in about 10 minutes! LOL time to hydrate and take some electrolytes! LOL

I LOVE WHAT JILLIAN MICHAEL'S SAYS IN 30 DAY SHRED. "THERE IS NO MODIFICATION FOR A JUMPING JACK, I HAVE 400 POUND PEOPLE DOING JUMPING JACKS."

OH OFF TOPIC: I have bad knees! Don't let that keep you from losing weight! Now when I mean I have bad knees, I mean I have a 7 page MRI report. I was told by two different doctors I would not be able to walk without an operation (due to a break dancing injury). Well, here I am 6 years later and while it does hurt a bit sometimes, I can totally walk and totally stay fit. I had to stop feeling sorry for myself though. I was in a wheelchair for 9 months and crutches for 4. I gained a lot of weight, but also ate a lot of Wetzel's Pretzels (which wasn't helping the situation). Sooooo, injuries are no excuse.

All too often, we get an injury and use it as an excuse. But don't fall into this trap! For every ONE pound you lose, that is SEVEN pounds of weight lifted off of your joints. So do what you can and listen to your body, especially if that means taking a REST DAY! A rest day (while you may be obsessive like me and have to force yourself to take them) are extremely important for your muscles, tissue and any injuries!

*workout change. I did BBL Sculpt as opposed to High and Tight because I looked at the high and tight workout and realized it would KILL any shot of me going to Bikram tonight. So, I will do it on Saturday when I am nice and warmed from Bikram, and then cool down with a Hip Opening yoga sequence. I AM CELEBRATING THOUGH, CAUSE I DID A WORKOUT (and despite my peppy attitude, I didn't want to today! LOL)!

Last edited by KimWin; 02-10-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #9  

Kim

I can totally relate to the knee injury.
I tore my hamstring, and it was required a total of 2 years before it healed. I could barely walk at the time.
I was very obese, and at times my knee would give out and I would fall.

I am proud of how far I have come. I can walk long distances, and exercise as much as I want. It is still hard work but I am thankful to be able to exercise, if that makes sense.

There has not been one morning when I felt I wanted to exercise, but I push myself, because the reward is worth it, for good health.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebumblebee View Post
Kim

There has not been one morning when I felt I wanted to exercise, but I push myself, because the reward is worth it, for good health.
Totally. I am a dork though, and I/my body does crave those natural endorphins! Good for you for movin' it around and wow to your injury! Isn't it amazing how long it takes the body to recover? I think that is the main reason I got so into health. Weightloss and looking great in clothes aside... I realized that I am blessed to have legs at all and that I need to take care of my body. None of us knows what the future holds!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #11  

Thumbs up

Oh Kim...I HATE pushups as well...just had to say that! I seem to remember being in highschool and after school just listening to Napster and dancing for hours...and I was much thinner then...so I have to agree you can burn some serious calories just by being goofy

Last edited by specialk85; 02-10-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #12  

Ugh, Push-ups and Pull-ups are such a weak point of mine! LOL In fact, back during the grade school - high school fitness standards I COULD NEVER do a single pull up... Unless I jumped for momentum! LOL You would think that doing a simple 10 push ups a day is feasible, i just don't do them...

I have started doing a few after yoga class on the Ballet Barre. We'll see how long that stays up! LOL

Well, off to Bikram and then home to make dinner! Hope everyone is doing fabulous!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #13  

Hey all I did the fire 30 stretch 10 yesterday...even though my weight hasn't gone down I really do feel like I'm losing inches...my clothes fit differently...and there aren't as many lumps

Last edited by specialk85; 02-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #14  

Good Morning!!! Well, i am slept in an extra 30 minutes, it was great! LOL

Sooooo, I am about to go get breakfast going, then do my TurboFire45 workout, a short abs routine and then get ready for my noon Bikram class. When I come back I will have lunch and a snack, pay some bills, clean the house and get hydrated for my 6pm Bikram class!

I am excited for the evening class as it's a "karma class" which happens on a monthly basis where there is a 10 dollar donation to get in the door. 100% of the proceeds go to whatever charity the studio picks. It's really cool!

SpecialK- Good for you! Way to celebrate doing your workout! I was just thinking the same thing today about the weight when I woke up. I haven't lost a lot of weight this week, but i have felt a difference in my clothes. So the weight will come!

***TIP OF THE DAY- Drink a lot of water! You should drink half of your body weight in ounces! Some people worry they will gain weight, but drinking enough water allows everything to function properly in your body! It will also REDUCE bloating! I know that people think the opposite, but nope, it will help you flush out some salts in your body! Also, it's just plain good for you!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #15  

Hey Kim...I noticed you said you owned the Turbofire...and I was wondering when you were/are using those DVD's have you noticed all of the ********** drink mix commercials at the end? Is that something you have ever tried? I'm still getting used to Turbofire and I am not one to typically buy into all of that...just wondering what your two cents was on it? (and no I'm not trying to sell anything...I wouldn't know how even if I wanted too)...I guess I would be interested in boosting my nutrional gain...but I'm wary of things like this.